Home Non Cigar Related

Just her and the lord now

deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
Just wanted to update anyone that is curious. My mom has stopped all preventive measures and is now DNR. She has been like this since Monday around noon, shortly after she decided she declined very quickly and the doctors gave her 24-72 hours. Its now past that time and she is still here with us, but barely. I dont know how she is still fighting, not eating, drinking and barely able to breath...she is a fighter even after throwing in the towel. My brother is coming on Friday, we hope she makes it to then so she can hear his voice and his arms around her one last time. To everyone that has texted me asking me how everything is going, you have no idea how much it means to me and my family. Who would have thought people you have never met could care so much about you and your family to take time out and check in on you. If you have texted me and I did not respond I am sorry, but will get back to you when my brain clears some. I may be inactive here real soon, but will be available via text anytime. I wish there was more I can do, but there is nothing as its between her and the lord now. Again, thanks to everyone.

Comments

• macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    In our prayers. May her decision to be with God and the time be right for her. No matter what you will feel the loss and will keep you in our prayers.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People do like to say farewell before they go. They are often readier than are the people close to them.

Good luck.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to let you know you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Im sorry to hear this. :( my thoughts and prayers are with you all.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    My prayers my brother, I face a similar situation.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man Shane I hope things work out the way they should... I'm here for you whatever you need, just ask! I know what you're going through and it's tough.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay strong, stay with her as much as possible, keep talking to her until your brother gets there, I'll bet that's what she's hanging on for. Saying a prayer for you.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    From what I have seen on here you are a strong man and it appears that you get this from your mom. May the grace of god be with you now and always.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Very sorry man. I will be praying for you and your family.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    definitely keeping you and your family im our thoughts and prayers.stay strong brother.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Prayers out to you and your family Shane!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really saddens my heart. I pray she's not in pain and God takes her peacefully.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    This really saddens my heart. I pray she's not in pain and God takes her peacefully.
    +1, praying for yall also.
    One God, One Truth
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    after a long fight, she has crossed the bridge to a better pain free place. She passed last night around 11:00 P.M. Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers, I know she appreciated it as much as I do.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep the faith Brother.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear dude. Thoughts are with ya!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that. Be strong and embrace the memories!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear. I have worn those shoes and it is an incredibly tough road. Prayers to you and your family.

• musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    So sorry to hear brother. My thoughts are with you and your family. Stay strong and remember the love.
  • BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    Sorry to hear about your loss man, my thoughts go out to you and your family.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "My prayers for you and your family during your time of loss."
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    I am truly sorry I missed this post, my Prayers to you and your family. Take consolation in your own words, she is in a better place now, for that sums it up.
    thanks everyone, its nice to pop in and read some kind words.
    had to share this, my sister in law made this for the memorial. It is beautiful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swNRM0Q1srA&feature=youtu.be
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I am so sorry man.