Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Had the ACID DEF SEA last night, absloutley amazing, Probably going to break out a good ol kuba kuba tonight.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Had a forum blend today. It was decent. Let me tell you what was great about it. It was solid! It looked sooooooo pretty! It was wrapped perfectly. It burned almost razor sharp. I didn't hate it but didn't love it. It was good but I think some rest and decent external humidity will do this some good. I was smoking in my truck with the window down a little because it was raining. I put the AC on for a while but I think the humidity did affect it. I did then smoke some of it on my porch which would have made the humidity worse. Tomorrow I think I am going to light the Maduro. It will most likely be the same situation but I NEED to try both. I am giving a few away to friends to see what they think.
    I had the maduro yesterday and agree on the construction. The wrapper was beautiful and it had a pretty good heft, and the burn was sharp on mine too. I really liked it, and definitely think at least a few weeks would make it even better.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    finished with a Nica Libre last night
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Had a RP Signature last night... pretty decent mild smoke!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Yesterday was two of my favorites.. La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1, and a 5 Vegas Classic. Enough has been said here about these two, I will always speak highly of both.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Had an Oliva Serie O Maduro yesterday and loved it. Lots of smoke, lots of flavor, and no burn issues. It was a robusto and burned about an hour and a half. Good afternoon smoke here on the lake. Probably about to go light up a 5 Vegas classic.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    alienmisprint:
    Had a Tatuaje P a little while ago. This one was fresh out of the box I got in today, and it was still damn good. These are one of the best deals going, if you haven't tried them yet you really should give 'em a shot.
    Where does one who lives in BFE Maryland go to purchase said Tatuaje cigar?
    Not sure, they had them at the B&M I went to in Hawaii, if you want to try one and can't find them near you, shoot me a PM with your addy and I will shoot a couple out to you.

Luko:
    rwheelwright:
    Had a forum blend today. It was decent. Let me tell you what was great about it. It was solid! It looked sooooooo pretty! It was wrapped perfectly. It burned almost razor sharp. I didn't hate it but didn't love it. It was good but I think some rest and decent external humidity will do this some good. I was smoking in my truck with the window down a little because it was raining. I put the AC on for a while but I think the humidity did affect it. I did then smoke some of it on my porch which would have made the humidity worse. Tomorrow I think I am going to light the Maduro. It will most likely be the same situation but I NEED to try both. I am giving a few away to friends to see what they think.
    I had the maduro yesterday and agree on the construction. The wrapper was beautiful and it had a pretty good heft, and the burn was sharp on mine too. I really liked it, and definitely think at least a few weeks would make it even better.
    I cannot wait to try these, hopefully mine will get here tomorrow.

Right now I am enjoying a Famous 70th Anniversary by Perdomo. Very good stick, it really wants me to explore more Perdomos.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    clearlysuspect:
    alienmisprint:
    Had a Tatuaje P a little while ago. This one was fresh out of the box I got in today, and it was still damn good. These are one of the best deals going, if you haven't tried them yet you really should give 'em a shot.
    Not sure, they had them at the B&M I went to in Hawaii, if you want to try one and can't find them near you, shoot me a PM with your addy and I will shoot a couple out to you.

Luko:
    rwheelwright:

Right now I am enjoying a Famous 70th Anniversary by Perdomo. Very good stick, it really wants me to explore more Perdomos.

Need to call about mine tommorow morning ...hope switching credit cards didn't mess up my order.
    But on a brighter note ...The G-Man turns 50 Thursday the 27th and I have to work until 4 or so if I can't get out earlier. Sooooo today relaxing on the back deck after a day spent with family and friends I enjoyed a AF Anejo #77 'Shark'. This is in my top 3 maybe even top 2. Chilled late afternoon with some Michelob and the 'Shark' with a nice cool Carolina breeze and just reflected on hitting the big 5-0. This cigar has about 8-9 months on it and was as awsome as the others I've had. This is by far my favorite of the Anejo sizes. Burn,construction,flavor , everything was just perfect. A powerful smoke and I enjoyed the he-ll outta it. Just relaxing , a great cigar, great beer and read a little (Madoff With The Money-A very good read about the financial scamster Bernie Madoff) ...
  • Options
    andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    Had a 5 Vegas Limitada 2009 and it was spicy and strong- Very good. It's been resting for bout a month and I think a little more rest will really help the others. It opened up real well too, didn't have any of the burn issues I've read about that went on with past years either.
  • Options
    Resting my mouth tonight... Having some nice grilled chicken on my George Forman outdoor grill... And a Sam Adams Imperial Ale...
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    The always reliable Nording...and happy early birthday, Geno.
  • Options
    Thanks 'Bro ...
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    I am also enjoying a Nording, this one has about 5 months on it now. Excellent smoke. And yeah, happy big 5-0 there Geno. Have a good one brother!
  • Options
    andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    Luko:
    I need to pick some more of those up-They were the first cigar that got me hooked to cigars in general. Always will be a favorite.
  • Options
    Thank You Mr Tony much appreciated ...
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Nothing for me since Friday! Looking forward to a couple new ones this week!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    clearlysuspect:
    alienmisprint:

Luko:
    rwheelwright:

Need to call about mine tommorow morning ...hope switching credit cards didn't mess up my order.
    But on a brighter note ...The G-Man turns 50 Thursday the 27th and I have to work until 4 or so if I can't get out earlier. Sooooo today relaxing on the back deck after a day spent with family and friends I enjoyed a AF Anejo #77 'Shark'. This is in my top 3 maybe even top 2. Chilled late afternoon with some Michelob and the 'Shark' with a nice cool Carolina breeze and just reflected on hitting the big 5-0. This cigar has about 8-9 months on it and was as awsome as the others I've had. This is by far my favorite of the Anejo sizes. Burn,construction,flavor , everything was just perfect. A powerful smoke and I enjoyed the he-ll outta it. Just relaxing , a great cigar, great beer and read a little (Madoff With The Money-A very good read about the financial scamster Bernie Madoff) ...
    Happy B-Day G-Man!!!!!!! Mmmmmm Anejo!!!!!!!!!

Today had a Forum Blend Maduro. I think I liked the Sumatra more. The feel, construction and everything was perfect. The burn was off just a little but I think that was because of me and it really was just a little bit. Nothing to affect the smoke.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    A buddy of mine who is over in Iraq sent me a box of Cohiba Red Dot churchills. Apparently he got a deal on them so he bought me some. I got them today,and even though I know I should wait, I just lit one up.
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    jus thad a cao criollo - was a decent smoke in my opinion - i have had two of these now - not sure they are something i would purchase again however - nothing too special for me
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Last night I had a RP fusion mini salomon while my brother enjoyed a RP Signature mini salomon. Both great smokes.

We both drank a nice cold Molson Canadian with them. Great evening, and only the second time I have ever had a cigar with my brother. Have to do that more often!
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    Haven't smoked anything in a few nights. Too hot outside.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jpclotfelter:
    excuses are like ****. get out there (in the shade of course) with a Fuente 8-5-8 candela and a glass of iced tea NOW!

today i had a Camacho 1962 torpedo. i had to test drive the new Xi2 cutter. as always a decent smoke. it burned a bit fast (even for a 1962) so i think i may need to get a bit more humidity in my humi right now.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    jpclotfelter:
    excuses are like ****. get out there (in the shade of course) with a Fuente 8-5-8 candela and a glass of iced tea NOW!

today i had a Camacho 1962 torpedo. i had to test drive the new Xi2 cutter. as always a decent smoke. it burned a bit fast (even for a 1962) so i think i may need to get a bit more humidity in my humi right now.
    How is the Xi2??? I SO want a Xikar, but I cannot justify the price just yet!
  • Options
    My taste buds went on Holiday yesterday..

I had a Diamon Crown Maximus in the cool breeze on the front porch and then unwinded at the local bar with a NUB Connecticut
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    kuzi16:
    jpclotfelter:
    Sorry but it's over 100 degrees at night right now. A few more weeks and it will be cool enough to sit outside at night.
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    kuzi16:
    jpclotfelter:

the Xi2 is great. best cut ive ever got from a double guillotine.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Lasabar:
    kuzi16:
    jpclotfelter:

the Xi2 is great. best cut ive ever got from a double guillotine.
    How is it to hold in your hand while cutting? I have the Colibri Firebird (same design/style of Xikar) and I can't quite get a good cut out of it, just for the akwardness that comes from using it so I'm either slanted in my cut or I get the little step in my tobacco
  • Options
    i got no step in my cigar like i have with every other cutter. this is a real precision tool. I held the skinny end nestled in my curled up middle finger with my index and my thumb holding it where you press to get the cut. the locking button away from the palm. when i cut i turn my hand so the hole in the cutter is not visible. the cigar is placed in the hole and then i slowly begin to close the cutter. when i feel that the blades have reached the tobacco i stop before anything is cut to make sure that it is not angled. then i continue with the cut.
    this cutter left the cut clean and smooth. no "step" no ridge. no bits of tobacco falling off. nothing. the cut was scary easy.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    i got no step in my cigar like i have with every other cutter. this is a real precision tool. I held the skinny end nestled in my curled up middle finger with my index and my thumb holding it where you press to get the cut. the locking button away from the palm. when i cut i turn my hand so the hole in the cutter is not visible. the cigar is placed in the hole and then i slowly begin to close the cutter. when i feel that the blades have reached the tobacco i stop before anything is cut to make sure that it is not angled. then i continue with the cut.
    this cutter left the cut clean and smooth. no "step" no ridge. no bits of tobacco falling off. nothing. the cut was scary easy.
    I second this! If it was not too dangerous I would make love to the Xi2! Maybe one day... if i need a circumcision...
  • Options
    Well all this talk of how to use the Xikar I've now opened up the Colibri Firebird and thought to give it another shot.

I held it with my middle finger against my palm and used my index and thumb to push it through... the cut was straight but still had that mound of tobacco off to one side where the blades started to come of the cigar as I squeezed, prolly user error but better than what I've been used to..

OH, and I'm smoking a Perdomo ESV 1991 that Garen B sent me!