Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Matt Marvel:
    Happy Birthday gmill! Hope it's a great one! I myself am smoking a Cohiba Red Dot this morning. I've got my cigar, I've got my coffee, there's a Rangers game about to start, and I don't have work today. Not a bad day at all.

A good day indeed 'bro -thanks
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    PuroFreak:
    Last night was a Tatuaje havana VI. I haven't had any of these in a while because I've been smoking the Miami and the new Tat house blend lately.
    What are these house blends of which you speak? I love all the Tatuaje's I've tried, even the P-Series.

Out on the back porch now enjoying my first Padilla Miami. Scrambler sent me this one in a sampler split a few weeks ago, and I need to thank him. Excellent cigar. I don't know if it would take the 68's place in my heart, but it definately has a permanent spot in my humidor. The only bad thing I have to say about this cigar is that it didn't last long enough. I may have to look into some of the larger sizes, this one was the robusto. If the torpedo or Churchill are as good, I know what's going on my next order.
    My local shop's owner has gotten to be pretty good friend with Pete and got him to make a house blend. They are in the noella size and as far as flavor goes, they are halfway between the Reserva and the regular Brown label Miami. They are awesome smokes!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    PuroFreak:
    Last night was a Tatuaje havana VI. I haven't had any of these in a while because I've been smoking the Miami and the new Tat house blend lately.
    What are these house blends of which you speak? I love all the Tatuaje's I've tried, even the P-Series.

Out on the back porch now enjoying my first Padilla Miami. Scrambler sent me this one in a sampler split a few weeks ago, and I need to thank him. Excellent cigar. I don't know if it would take the 68's place in my heart, but it definately has a permanent spot in my humidor. The only bad thing I have to say about this cigar is that it didn't last long enough. I may have to look into some of the larger sizes, this one was the robusto. If the torpedo or Churchill are as good, I know what's going on my next order.
    My local shop's owner has gotten to be pretty good friend with Pete and got him to make a house blend. They are in the noella size and as far as flavor goes, they are halfway between the Reserva and the regular Brown label Miami. They are awesome smokes!
    That sounds awesome, my favorite of any of the Tats are the Reserva J21's. Perhaps we could work out a trade for a few of those?
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Never did get that third stick in yesterday, was falling asleep. This afternoon I enjoyed a One Off perfecto. Burn was a little rough, but the humidity is way up there today.
  • Options
    Right in the middle of a RP OWR Maduro now. The draw on this one is a bit too tight, I even re-clipped it a little further down to try and loosen it up with no luck. I'm getting just enough smoke to kind of enjoy it, so its not bad enough to toss. Oh well, they all can't be winners, lol.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Started off with a Padilla Habano torpedo that has some massive cracks in the wrapper...I had hoped it would not fall apart, but it did and the little smoke I was getting was not good enough to keep nursing it. I tossed the Padilla in favor of a Tatuaje Maimi tainos, which is an excellent cigar and one I truly enjoy...all 7.5 inches of it (make a joke out of that one :D).
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Smoking a RP Fusion. I really like it, don't know why I haven't tried it before now.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Scrambler:
    Smoking a RP Fusion. I really like it, don't know why I haven't tried it before now.
    maduro?
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Scrambler:
    maduro?
    Habano.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    PuroFreak:

That sounds awesome, my favorite of any of the Tats are the Reserva J21's. Perhaps we could work out a trade for a few of those?
    That could definately be possible! Shoot me a PM and I'll see about getting some more of them next week and work something out. It is the best house blend smoke I've ever had. They actually come with the brown Tatuaje labels on them and look just like the regular Noella.

I actually smoked another of these last night while I was grilling some steaks and it was a great smoke! The small Noella size is perfect for grilling! Cigar and steaks were done right at the same time!
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Hugemoose:
    I just finished a Connecticut by Rocky Patel (thanks Stan!). As I was expecting I love this cigar! I was in the mood for a mild cigar and this was just right. The draw was perfect; it had a great, toasty flavor, and a perfect burn.

For mild cigars, this has been my favorite thus far. Once again, thank you Stan (Renaissance_Man) for hooking me up with a few of these. They are turning into my new favorite!

Oh, and I had a Yuengling Porter with it which was way to powerful a flavor for this cigar. Either way....still very good!
    Enjoyed a Connecticut by RP too last night... And man... was I wrong :)... I had one of these a month ago and wasn't very impressed, but the one that has been resting - mmmmm... Def. a great mild cigar! one of THE best! Wait for the review - it got some awesome scores... Cheers!
    p.s. Keep them resting more Moose! You gonna love them after! What happened with the 1999?
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Bought a couple of sticks at a B&M in Chicago last week. A RP Connecticut 1999 toro and a Gurkha Monogram robusto. Smoked the RP Wednesday and I was underwhelmed (maybe its my old taste buds). I know its a milder blend but for me...meh. Thursday was the Gurkha, and wow (thats the limit of my palate right now, either wow or meh). Anyway, I guess after puffing through the sampler from ccom and these couple I am convinced I lean towards the medium to full bodied cigars. I don't see the Mongram on ccom yet...too new?
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Well GMill I smoked an OpusX #5 last night for you! THis was the first Opus I kinda enjoyed. It was tough burning for a little while and it took for ever to smoke. It is not a big cigar but after driving for an hour - an hour and a half it still was not done. My second cigar was a first for me. I had an Alec Bradley Harvest 97 or whatever it is called. It was good. I got a few left. I think tonight might be my first DPG Cuban Classic.
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    I had a 5 Vegas 'A' after I got home from, ironically enough, picking tobacco today. Definitely gives me a greater aprecciation of cigars.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Scrambler:
    kuzi16:
    Scrambler:
    maduro?
    Habano.
    how'd it do? I've had two fusions, maduro and habano, and both times I really enjoyed the flavor, the wrappers fell apart worse than another other problems I've ever had, and it definitely wasn't a humidor issue. So I've been leary about getting anymore. Wasn't sure if mine were isolated incidents.
  • Options
    andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    Last night had another 5 Vegas Limitada 2009 and enjoyed the pepper just as much as the first one.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    smoking a Padron with the Habano wrapper I believe. A little more pepper then I like, almost spicey. I wasn;t paying attention and all of a sudden my thigh was warm.......the ash fell on my thigh and bursted all over my jeans and couch. Good thing I am single
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I take it back. It started off a quite peppery, but 1/2 way down it turned into like a sweet wood type taste. I love cigars. So many different things can happen in 120 minutes
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    Well GMill I smoked an OpusX #5 last night for you! THis was the first Opus I kinda enjoyed. It was tough burning for a little while and it took for ever to smoke. It is not a big cigar but after driving for an hour - an hour and a half it still was not done. My second cigar was a first for me. I had an Alec Bradley Harvest 97 or whatever it is called. It was good. I got a few left. I think tonight might be my first DPG Cuban Classic.

Haha ...Well my birthday smoke ended up being an AF Anejo 55 Torpedo ... I just can't resist these cigars ...it was an awsome smoke and a great end after some fine spirits and some steak , chicken and Jumbo shrimp ...yeah I shouldn't need to eat again until about Sunday !!!
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Going with a Bolivar while doing my fantasy football draft on the back patio.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Geno, Happy belated birthday buddy..
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Garen B:
    Going with a Bolivar while doing my fantasy football draft on the back patio.
    Good luck with the draft.
    I'm smoking a.. you guessed it, Cohiba Red Dot. They're all I have on hand at the moment, lol.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I could think of worse cigars to have on hand Matt.

Today was a two-fer. In the afternoon I finally broke down and smoked my Fuente Opus X corona gorda, I think it was called the Fuente Fuente, that has been in the humidor since last April. I was a bit disappointed to be honest, the flavor was good but not great, a little on the boring side for me. Maybe the size just isn't the best, because I know I enjoyed the **** belicoso much more. Later was a La Aurora 1495 Cameroon 1994, as always this is an excellent cigar and the age has done good things for it, I can't wait to smoke one of these with a couple years on it.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Hey Geno, Happy belated birthday buddy..

Thanks 'bro much appreciated ...
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    j0z3r:
    I could think of worse cigars to have on hand Matt.

Today was a two-fer. In the afternoon I finally broke down and smoked my Fuente Opus X corona gorda, I think it was called the Fuente Fuente, that has been in the humidor since last April. I was a bit disappointed to be honest, the flavor was good but not great, a little on the boring side for me. Maybe the size just isn't the best, because I know I enjoyed the **** belicoso much more. Later was a La Aurora 1495 Cameroon 1994, as always this is an excellent cigar and the age has done good things for it, I can't wait to smoke one of these with a couple years on it.
    I'm certainly not complaining. I've really enjoyed them. It's nice to have some variety though. Hopefully I'll be able to make a purchase when payday rolls around.
  • Options
    I had a Padilla 48 earlier, damn good smoke as always.

I finished setting up the garage today, got the man-cave all good to go, lol. I figured it took a special cigar to christen the new smoking lounge/workshop, so I went with a Padron 1964 Anniversary (pretty sure it was the Imperial) a very generous BOTL on the boards here sent me a couple of months ago. I am very impressed with this cigar, although I was expecting it to be a little stronger. Super smooth all the way through with an ever-changing flavor profile, definately a good choice for a celebratory cigar.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Nothing tonight....too much rain.

Tomorrow I have a lot of work to do, so I may end it all with a Man O' War. I have been letting it sit for a while now and have been scared to try it. Hopefully it doesn't wreck me!
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    I had a Padilla 48 earlier, damn good smoke as always.

I finished setting up the garage today, got the man-cave all good to go, lol. I figured it took a special cigar to christen the new smoking lounge/workshop, so I went with a Padron 1964 Anniversary (pretty sure it was the Imperial) a very generous BOTL on the boards here sent me a couple of months ago. I am very impressed with this cigar, although I was expecting it to be a little stronger. Super smooth all the way through with an ever-changing flavor profile, definately a good choice for a celebratory cigar.

Congrats on getting the man-cave up and running Tony ...
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had a VSG Enchantment tonight. I must say I was exremely disappointed with this one. I've only had the robusto and they were great. This one did nothing for me. It's along the same lines as the Hemingway Work of Art or Short Story. Not taste whise but they do nothing for me either.
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Had an A. Fuente Hemmingway Short Story tonight. A great smoke as always but I wish I was willing to spend more time with a cigar when I bought a box several months ago.