Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Just started a Partagas Spanish Rosado. Gonna finish that and I think I am going to smoke a Padilla Burberry.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just finished a RP Summer 08, damn fine smoke.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    a cohiba red dot corona size. The flavor is real good, but the construction on this little bad boy is what impressed me the most. It's great to smoke a great tasting cigar, but there is something to be said for a no brainer burn and draw.
  • Options
    Had a NUB Maduro with about 3.5 months age on it. This is my third, and the longer they age, the better they get. This one had a razor straight burn, perfect draw, long smooth finish, and excellent espresso flavor. The longer they sit, the stronger that espresso flavor gets. I'm really diggin these. I love the NUB Habano, and this one is a very close second. What a great night. 60 degree weather, sitting on the patio, smoking a great maduro. I'm gonna sleep GOOD tonight!
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    I am having a Padilla Miami Torpedo, fisrt inch, so far so good. It looks like a promising cigar I am liking all Padilla cigars so far that i have tried. image
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    I smoked one of those a couple nights ago. You're right, it is a fine smoke.

Just finished a Monte Cristo Media Noche.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Scrambler:
    alienmisprint:
    I smoked one of those a couple nights ago. You're right, it is a fine smoke.

Just finished a Monte Cristo Media Noche.
    BOTH good smokes... I have a box of the Rocky's and a box of the Media Noche's....

I'm a proud papa!
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    A CAO Brazillian last night after dinner. Smooth but rich and spicy. Great smoke. Didn't wanna let go!
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Relaxed with at Padron 64 Diplomatico yesterday afternoon that was superb. Then on the way home from out of town, I tried an El Baton robusto. This was a nice smoke that was interrupted by a State Highway Patrolman that pulled me over for doing 73 in a 65. Eh...the cigar was almost done, but I was waving the white flag after an 12 hour day on the road, plus one ticket. I'll try it again today, another day on the road. Bringing a Don Carlos Double Robusto.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had the Padilla Artisan last night. Lots of flavor!!! I think this one will do good with some age.

I hooked my friend up with one each of the forum blend, a Tabak Especial Maduro and a Java Wafe. I owe him a Padilla Artisan. In turn, he hooked me up with 3 ISOM VEGAS ROBAINA DON ALEJANDRO. I think that was a fair trade. LOL!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I had a fantastic cigar last night, a 5 Vegas Gold. Wonderful cigar, but it was made even better as I was walking along the 80 degree ocean on a perfect evening.
  • Options
    Just smoked an Oliva Master Blends 2, wow what a great cigar. If I remember right, the MB3 was better, I'll have to smoke one of those in the next day or two to get a better comparison.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I'm hoping I can get the CAO Soprano in soon!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    betasynn:
    the soprano cigar is a good smoke. its not my favorite CAO but i would never turn one down.

today i smoked a camacho triple maduro.
    every time i smoke a camacho i remember why i love that brand so much.
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Wow...
    This stick had floated on the top of my humidor for a while and through rummaging and man-handling my stash and choosing other sticks to try, ignoring this one, mainly because all the other "cost-effective" cigars I had tried, did not amount to a good smoke, to me.

Well last night I finally dug down and grabbed this stick and prepared for a quick puff to rate it and get it over with. Again... wow!

Since I consider my palette "growing" I am not going to describe this in conventional means.. no leather, earth, barnyard >>grin<< or pepper words.. for now.

I basically really really enjoyed this cigar. How's that for a description... 2 reallys!
    At least the first half anyways.
    In my head, after the first few puffs I kept telling my self, delicious. A word in my mind that had been associated only with some sticks that cost over $15... $3.88 the La Mancha size.

I also noticed that while I did not get the type of 'buzz' from a cigar the likes of a say an OpusX, however, I did get one but not as pronounced or as quickly. This one was a creeper.

The disappointment only came about half way through, where the deliciousness stopped and the regularity developed. Not too sure what to describe it as, but I will definitely try this one again! (And the other varieties from this maker.)
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I had one of the Cusano Sun Growns they had as a deal of the day a little bit ago. I was alright, not too impressed but it wasnt bad. excited to see if a little time makes it better though. Tomorrow will most likely be a Olivia Series O, gotta go with a favorite after a less than stellar cigar today.
  • Options
    Rad - yeah man, the Sancho Panza is a very good smoke, especially for the price. Kuzi turned me onto those a while back.

I just saw the daily deal and promptly ordered it. They are actually cheaper than the seconds, crazy. To celebrate, I am going to go out and smoke my last ESV 2nd, lol.
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    having a camacho triple maduro thats been sittin for about four months now. and perhaps a glass of wine...
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Speaking of fantastic cheap cigars.

I had a La Aroma de Cuba today, for the whopping cost of $3.50 from c.com. It was, as always, a wonderful smoke. Were it not for the rainstorm that came in by the pool, I would have smoked it till my fingers were burning.

Up next is my second Verdadero Organic of this month cause I am about to grab the Weekend Blitz if I like it the second go round.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking Matasa 30th Anniversary... I sent one to Beta and he seemed to thoroughly enjoy it... so now it's my turn!
  • Options
    Went out and had that Perdomo ESV 2nd, I seriously want to thank Zoomer for turning me onto these a while back. It was my last, but its all good thanks to the daily deal today. And then I smoked a 777 by Jesus Fuego while out walking the dog, as usual I really enjoyed it. The only cigar I have had by Mr. Feugo that I haven't really liked too much was the Royal Nicaraguan, but I am hoping they will greatly improve with age.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    These Nordings just keep getting better every month ! I Love this cigar.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    RP Fusion MM - just as I remember it - nice with cookies afterwards ;)
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    These Nordings just keep getting better every month ! I Love this cigar.
    Yes, the Nordings age extremely well from my experience. I have a box of the little torpedos in my coolerdor aging right now. I'm trying hard to not smoke any for at least three months, I am about one month down now.

I ended up deciding to smoke another cigar today, so I went with a Nicarao Robusto. It was pretty good, but this one was relatively fresh. I need to let these guys rest a little while longer.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Today turned out to be a great day to smoke some cigars. I started out this morning on a 2 hour trip with a Don Carlos Double Robusto. Great smoke. First time I have had one in the morning, great late morning stick.

Later today I had a Oliva Special S Torpedo that I have had for about 5 months. I remember smoking on early and enjoying it, but this one was fantastic. I smoked this on the way back home on some winding roads, it burned perfectly, not even a touch up required with two windows down.

Finally I had a Carlos Torano Signature Robusto. Great finish to the day with some earthy sweet flavor and great burn.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Started off with a Perdomo ESV '91 second toro, I haven't had one for a while but it was just as good as I remember. Later was a Cuban Crafters churchill in the habano wrapper, I was impressed with the first one I has and this one just cemented it, great flavors with a razor sharp burn and perfect draw. To finish out the night I had a 5 Vegas Limitada '07, it was good with a great draw and nice even burn requiring two small touch-ups where the wrapper stopped burning. Not a bad smoking day I must say.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Really needed a cigar after all the crap raining down on me today, went with an Onyx Reserve and that sucker made it into the everyday smoke rotation on the first go. Nice and mellow, good flavors and overall a nice inexpensive cigar.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    kuzi16:
    betasynn:
    the soprano cigar is a good smoke. its not my favorite CAO but i would never turn one down.

today i smoked a camacho triple maduro.
    every time i smoke a camacho i remember why i love that brand so much.
    The Camacho Triple M was one of my first real cigars. I think it's funny, but the first real cigar I EVER had was a Romeo y Julietta Vintage my dad gave me to smoke when the Sox finally won the big one. My first real cigar when I got into the hobby was sent to me by Rob, a 5 Vegas Relic. The Triple Maduro is the first cigar I ever bought for myself at my local B&M and sat down and smoked. Always strong memories associated with it, I have three or four just begging to be smoked with about a year on each of them.
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    I tried my Bolivar Robusto tonight down at the lake in the dark lit moonlight. Very nice. On my way home I ended up finding 2 cigar places open. OK they were on Broadway street, but I didn't visit the strip clubs! It's like waving a doughnut in front of a dieting man's face! I don't need that torture!

But I found one of the stores had a Fuente Gran Reserve and a Fuente Short Story. Since I just ordered a short story today, I went with the Gran Reserve. It looked a little dry so I will let it sit in my humi for a week.

What other states can you go buy a cigar at midnight! (That isn't a swisher sweet.)
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Garen B:
    Really needed a cigar after all the crap raining down on me today, went with an Onyx Reserve and that sucker made it into the everyday smoke rotation on the first go. Nice and mellow, good flavors and overall a nice inexpensive cigar.
    I'm with you on this one! I love the Onyx! It is one I keep on hand at all times! I've got several Churchills resting in the humi right now... Hmmmm.... One of them may have to accompany me to the lake this weekend!

I haven't had anything the last couple nights, but I got my travel humi loaded up last night to take with me for the holiday weekend at the lake! I'm taking: 5 Vegas Classic, 5 Vegas Series A, Oliva Serie O Maduro, 601 Green Oscuro, Don Pepin Blue, and an Oliva Serie V Maduro! Should be a damn good weekend!!!