Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    PuroFreak:
    Garen B:
    Really needed a cigar after all the crap raining down on me today, went with an Onyx Reserve and that sucker made it into the everyday smoke rotation on the first go. Nice and mellow, good flavors and overall a nice inexpensive cigar.
    I'm with you on this one! I love the Onyx! It is one I keep on hand at all times! I've got several Churchills resting in the humi right now... Hmmmm.... One of them may have to accompany me to the lake this weekend!

I haven't had anything the last couple nights, but I got my travel humi loaded up last night to take with me for the holiday weekend at the lake! I'm taking: 5 Vegas Classic, 5 Vegas Series A, Oliva Serie O Maduro, 601 Green Oscuro, Don Pepin Blue, and an Oliva Serie V Maduro! Should be a damn good weekend!!!
    Sounds like a great selection....have a good weekend!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Woke up this morning and felt like a milder smoke, so I went with an Oliva Connecticut Reserve. I haven't had one of these in a while, I had forgotten how good they are. They are truly a full-flavored mild cigar.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i had a la aurora barrel aged today. I want mad at it but i was expecting more.

I did get one interesting flavor at one point.... toasted coconut.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I'm finishing up a Forum Blend Maduro....simply great. I like this one a bit more than the Sumatra right now. This was my first and I look forward to letting the others rest and trying it with some time on them.
  • Options
    Having a Camacho 62 right now. Enjoy it and being home. I have traveling like crazy lately.
  • Options
    Padilla 32, need some more age on the ones i have but top notch non the less
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    A rough day ...I've had some kinda 24 bug so have not ate at all today but am now smoking/enjoying a Legends White Label ...my first ...pretty good ...
  • Options
    bbc020, I really like the CT Signature also & they seem to age really well too.The smoke tonite is a Gurhka Triple Ligero.
  • Options
    Having a CAO MX2 now, great smoke. This one had about 3-4 months on it and it shows.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Sick as a dog right now (okay, not that bad but I have a cold). Haven't had a cigar in a few days for being under the weather so I had to have one. I bought a sampler a while ago to pass out to family and friends that always raid my humi. Since I can't taste anything right now I grabbed on of those. It is a Victor Sinclair 55 Series maduro perfecto (or something like that). I can only get a few flavors out it is. Can't complain about it but it is forgettable.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Having a CAO MX2 now, great smoke. This one had about 3-4 months on it and it shows.
    Have u had the CX2? I am wondering how that one is...
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    RP Vintage 1990 earlier this evening. I love that cigar! I forgot how much flavor it has. It helped me make up my mind though as to which I liked more, the 90 or the 92. I think I'll be buying some second 90's sometime soon.
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Padilla '68. Very nice, well balanced cigar with earthy flavours. I am glad I got some more in the humi.
  • Options
    Renaissance_Man:
    alienmisprint:
    Have u had the CX2? I am wondering how that one is...
    I have, I normally keep a couple on hand for when I want a sweeter, smooth smoke. If you like Cameroons, you will definately like them. Check your PM's too, if you see this in the next 5 hours, lol.

I am in the middle of a Java Maduro toro, what a great cigar.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    last night I had a La Aroma de Cuba. Very smooth and tasty. But today/tonight I may have a partagas from ISOM a buddy brought back for me from a recent trip up north.
  • Options
    Going to a pool party today at my brothers parent-in-laws house. I am bringing a RP old world reserve maduro for him and a Padilla Obsidian for myself. I can't seem to stay away from maduros as of recent....
  • Options
    I'm having a pre-emptive celebratory cigar right now, a Perdomo Famous 70th Anniversary. It is pre-emptive because I have not finalized the reason for my celebration, but everything looks good so far. I will know for sure on Monday, and if it does go well then, I will be smoking an Ashton VSG to celebrate properly, lol. Oh, and the Perdomo is damn good, maybe even a bit better than the ESV. Of course, that opinion may be being influenced by my current mood, lol.
  • Options
    2 smoke day at work - a Gurkha Grand Envoy ...nice and flavorful, burned great, I like ...2nd a La Aurora 1495 ...always a pleasure and a strong little sucker on not much food today !!!
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    I'm having a pre-emptive celebratory cigar right now, a Perdomo Famous 70th Anniversary. It is pre-emptive because I have not finalized the reason for my celebration, but everything looks good so far. I will know for sure on Monday, and if it does go well then, I will be smoking an Ashton VSG to celebrate properly, lol. Oh, and the Perdomo is damn good, maybe even a bit better than the ESV. Of course, that opinion may be being influenced by my current mood, lol.

The mothership has located you and they are beaming all of our cigars over to the new man-cave ?????
  • Options
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:

The mothership has located you and they are beaming all of our cigars over to the new man-cave ?????
    No, but now that you mention it.........
    I was so excited when I got home, I actually forgot to post what I'm celebrating, lol. I planned on going to a couple of different tattoo studios here in town and seeing about getting a part-time job. I was going to go to them in the order of shops I wanted to work at, first stop being the one I most wanted to work at. Well, I didn't go any further than that first shop. The owner was very welcoming and down to earth (if you know about tattoo artist, this isn't always the case). He went through my portfolio, asked me some questions, and then we talked for a while. Everything is good to go, all I have left to do is actually do a tattoo at the shop on Monday. If everything is good then, I have a booth there. I know this may not sound like much to everyone, but working in a legit shop (especially one as nice as this) has been a dream of mine for about 10 years now. So, yep, I'm pretty stoked.

Anyways, back on topic, I'm smoking a bundled Dominican Connecticut cigar now, not too bad for a cheap mild stick. I just didn't feel up to anything with any real strength, as I almost made myself sick earlier from spinning in my computer chair while playing with the dog, lol.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:

I was so excited when I got home, I actually forgot to post what I'm celebrating, lol. I planned on going to a couple of different tattoo studios here in town and seeing about getting a part-time job. I was going to go to them in the order of shops I wanted to work at, first stop being the one I most wanted to work at. Well, I didn't go any further than that first shop. The owner was very welcoming and down to earth (if you know about tattoo artist, this isn't always the case). He went through my portfolio, asked me some questions, and then we talked for a while. Everything is good to go, all I have left to do is actually do a tattoo at the shop on Monday. If everything is good then, I have a booth there. I know this may not sound like much to everyone, but working in a legit shop (especially one as nice as this) has been a dream of mine for about 10 years now. So, yep, I'm pretty stoked.

Anyways, back on topic, I'm smoking a bundled Dominican Connecticut cigar now, not too bad for a cheap mild stick. I just didn't feel up to anything with any real strength, as I almost made myself sick earlier from spinning in my computer chair while playing with the dog, lol.

Tony that sounds great ...congratulations man ...its great to be doing something you have a passion for and if its been a dream for 10 years that sounds like a passion to me !!! The tat you get to do on Monday , how does that work ? A random customer or something planned for someone ? Sounds like your stoked about the shop too. Hope it goes great for ya brother ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:

Tony that sounds great ...congratulations man ...its great to be doing something you have a passion for and if its been a dream for 10 years that sounds like a passion to me !!! The tat you get to do on Monday , how does that work ? A random customer or something planned for someone ? Sounds like your stoked about the shop too. Hope it goes great for ya brother ...
    It is actually on a friend's wife, she has a piece on her arm that needs a complete re-work. They were asking me about doing a few days ago, and then today it turned out I needed to do a tattoo, so the stars all aligned, lol. I'll throw a before and after picture of it up in the off-topic discussion board when its done.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:

It is actually on a friend's wife, she has a piece on her arm that needs a complete re-work. They were asking me about doing a few days ago, and then today it turned out I needed to do a tattoo, so the stars all aligned, lol. I'll throw a before and after picture of it up in the off-topic discussion board when its done.

Awsome !
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had myself a Gurkha Sherpa Cafe last night. It was similar to the NUB connie but the draw was extremely tight and it was hard to get good smoke out of it.

Today I started a Punch Gran Puro. I didn't get to finish it. But it reminded me of a Gurkha Sherpa not the Cafe. I got it for free when I bought all those Opus X and ESGs the other day. It was ok but the Sherpa is good but not great so I don't eexpect this will make it into my everyday rotation.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Good luck on the tatoo job!

And nothing for me tonight... got home at around 10:30pm and gotta be back at 8am...

Why the hell am I on this forum right now???
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Had a Drew Estate, Cafe con Leche, after my chicken biryani. Ash finally fell off after 1½ inches of nice burn. I would probably enjoy this more if the flavor on your lips wasn't as vanilla as it is. But still enjoyable. This would be a great campfire 'gar.

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Today I started a Punch Gran Puro.
    man, i love that smoke. i should buy more of those. seriously. if i didnt already break the budget for cigars this month i would be buying them right now....
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Last night I had two in celebration of my recent savings on my monthly purchase of cigars. I started out with a CCOM Camaroon label. I was not really expecting much from it but was pleasently suprised, it was fairly enjoyable. A few hours later I went back and had an Olivia Serie G. That was the first G I have ever had and I loved it! So far I have absolutely enjoyed everything I have had from Olivia.
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    Last night I had two in celebration of my recent savings on my monthly purchase of cigars. I started out with a CCOM Camaroon label. I was not really expecting much from it but was pleasently suprised, it was fairly enjoyable. A few hours later I went back and had an Olivia Serie G. That was the first G I have ever had and I loved it! So far I have absolutely enjoyed everything I have had from Olivia.
    Yeah, Oliva generally doesn't make bad cigars, lol. Did you have the G in Maduro or Cameroon? I really dig the Maduro.

Smoking a Tatuaje P Corona right now, awesome smoke, I still can't believe these are less than $4 each.
  • Options
    So I actually smoked the RP Old World Reserve maduro last night while my brother had the Padilla Obsidian.

I have to say, I was extremely let down. The RP had offensive smoke, and a bitter flavor the whole way through. I was hoping it would get good, but nothing changed. It was my second OWR and this one was simply terrible. It has been in my humidor since 4/09 so it has had a good rest. What a shame.....

The Obsidian, on the other hand, my brother enjoyed and he only had slight burn issues with it. They were mild given the cigars reputation.