Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Is it my computer that is messing up??? Or the forums???

No offense, but I do NOT want to talk to you Wheelie... :P
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Lasabar:
    Is it my computer that is messing up??? Or the forums???

No offense, but I do NOT want to talk to you Wheelie... :P
    :-( Fine be that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    rad1964:
    Finally busted out my Carlito double robusto God of Fire

My first third was nice, a strange yet delicious flavor I couldn't put my taste buds on. The 2nd third, was a lot of pepper, before mellowing out a bit. Although potent, I don't think this is going to be one of my 'special' sticks.

Have you had the Don Carlos GoF?
    I have not...
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Smoking cigar B from a mystery pack by Goldy. Not a complex cigar but man did it fit perfect tonight! Maduro, robusto... Sweet and chocolatey with coffee notes. A bit tight draw but great. Have not had it before. I'd guess a oliva? Anyway.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    A Partagas Santiago Spanish Rosado ...Love the cinnamon flavor of these. Next was a RyJ Reserva Real ...very creamy and smooth ...little more flavor than I remembered from the last one ...good smoke.
  • Options
    rad1964:
    rwheelwright:
    rad1964:
    Finally busted out my Carlito double robusto God of Fire

My first third was nice, a strange yet delicious flavor I couldn't put my taste buds on. The 2nd third, was a lot of pepper, before mellowing out a bit. Although potent, I don't think this is going to be one of my 'special' sticks.

Have you had the Don Carlos GoF?
    I have not...
    Try one. I like them soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the Carlito.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I had another CCOM Brazilian Label, and again it was great. I have had quite a few of these now, a couple in every size, and they have all been great. I had the churchill size that has been resting for a while and it was just about perfect. A nice hour and a half of a darn good cigar at only $2.50 was a great cap to a not so great day.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Haven't smoked for two weeks. I had a nightmare about my cigars a few nights ago. I really hope this pneumonia clears up soon.
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    la gloria cubana wavell. and having a mojito. cheers
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I think I'm gonna have me a tasting session tonight... Few different cognacs (probably going to be Remy Martin VSOP, Hennessy VS, and Courvoisier VSOP...because that's all I can find in 50ml bottles and I don't want to buy bigger ones right now), and a few different sticks. Gurkha's Park Avenue is one of em, but I'm still trying to determine what my others should be - anybody who hasn't read my 21st bday thread have recommendations on sticks that are around $100/box or less?
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    5 Vegas Classic Fifty Five. Nice cool night with a little breeze. Perfect early fall night. Just enough spice to keep you warm.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 "A" ... Over 2 hours ... There's about 2" left for breakfast ...
  • Options
    Renaissance_Man:
    Smoking cigar B from a mystery pack by Goldy. Not a complex cigar but man did it fit perfect tonight! Maduro, robusto... Sweet and chocolatey with coffee notes. A bit tight draw but great. Have not had it before. I'd guess a oliva? Anyway.
    This was a "Helix" btw... As for tonight:

I had cigar "C" from my Goldy mystery package... a nice looking torpedo maduro... it had a pleasant sweet smell and the sweetness was present throughout the smoke. Such a great draw and construction! I cut it so bad and the wrapper unraveled a bit but i fixed it with some bodily fluids and I had absolutely NO problem. Flavors were mostly nut, coffee, and chocolate. Very smooth and creamy.. I feel it is definitely something by Rocky Patel - 1990 maybe?
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Got the brand right but it was a RP Decade torp.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a couple cigars from our Bulgarian buddy tonight. First was a Famous 70th Anniversary Perdomo, which I did enjoy but would have enjoyed a lot more if the head had not cracked when I cut it, it became a real pain to smoke. A bit later was a CI Yellow label from Don Pepin, a nice, smooth medium bodied smoke, full flavored with a great burn and draw. Thanks Stan.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I had my 4th Nica Libre Exclusivo that I got in a sampler pack...

I REALLY like this cigar and for the price, can't beat it!
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    Lasabar:

I just ordered that sampler pack today - excited to try them out
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well last night was the big Don Pepin event at my local shop and I had a smoke I had never tried before and had actually never even heard of. It was a Don Pepin El Centurion and WOW!!! I talked to Mr. Pepin (through his translator of course) and he said it was a very limited production stick they made a couple years ago and that they are very hard to find. It was awesome! Perfect burn and draw, amazing flavors and very complex smoke. They have a box or two of these at my local shop I think stashed away so I'm hoping to be able to get some more! The event was awesome though. Don Pepin brought a master roller that has worked in his factory for somewhere around 45 years and it was a real treat to see that guy do his magic! I did get a few pictures with Mr. Pepin and one group shot of my buddies and me with him and his roller. I'll post them shortly.
  • Options
    Well tonight looks like it will be an old stand by classic.  A Romeo and Juliet Belicosa Cuban that i brought with me from Mexico.  They are a nice, short, smooth smoke that just seems to melt away the stress of the day.  I can't wait to get outta here and for it to cool off a little outside.  It 104 outside right now, a little warm to enjoy a cigar.
  • Options
    Goldy:
    Got the brand right but it was a RP Decade torp.
    You serious?!?! I have a couple of decades but had never tried them... Man! This cigar is so far the best I have had from Rocky Patel! Amazing! Thanks, Goldy, great choice for a mystery cigar! Gotta think what I should send to Utah now lol...
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    A bit later was a CI Yellow label from Don Pepin, a nice, smooth medium bodied smoke, full flavored with a great burn and draw. Thanks Stan.
    The Yellow Label is good - I sent one to somebody else on here as well (I forgot who)...
  • Options
    Had myself two yesterday. I started with a CAo CX2 Toro. This thing is pretty freakin big. It was good until hear the last inch and a half when it wouldn't stay lit and started getting bitter. My second was a Gurkha Regent Torpedo. Not sure how long I had this one but definately 6 months or more. I like the regent and this one was good but it had a weird taste to it at one point. It was like a sucrets taste; yo uknow the cough drops that make your mouth and tongue go numb? I had that taste a little bit.

My friend smoked the Maduro Forum blend last night and liked it. One of his friends came and I gave him a maudor also and his reaction on the first couple of puffs was that it was going to be too strong for him but it mellowed and he really enjoyed it. I gave my other friend a Sumatra and he really liked that one. So, so far both are hits with my friends with one exception. One of them liked the sumatra but didn't really like the maduro but in general he doesn't like maduros.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Lasabar:

I just ordered two 5 packs of the daily deal yesterday - never had one, but I'm excited to try them out!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    So last night I had my 4th 5 Vegas in a row from a large sampler pack I picked up. They had been resting in the humidor for 3 weeks or so. Monday was the Gold, Tuesday the Miami, Wednesday the Series "A" and Thursday was the Classic.

All are such consistently excellent smokes. I would be hard pressed to choose a favorite since they are all uniquely different and I barely touched my lighter between the four cigars.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I'm finishing up a Garcia Y Garcia My Father Robusto. This is my second My Father. The first was a lancero that came from Jozer in a package, I liked it enough to get one of it's Robusto counterpart. I think I like the Robusto even more. I've been picking up what seems to be a nice allspice/nutmeg type scent that has been great. I'm about to get into the final third and burn and construction have been near perfect. Very nice smoke.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I just had a Perdomo Habano after some Mexican food and I was pretty impressed. It had a perfect draw and construction. The ash was about 3 inches before I knocked it off. Great aroma. I picked up some cedar and nut flavors along with some spice. I've never really enjoyed spice in a cigar before like this. I think for me it's all about what I pair it with and what I've just eaten. Spicy food followed by a spicy cigar seems to work rather well.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    In remembrance of the day, and in honor of my brethren still out on the lines, tonight's smoke is a Man O' War Ruination.
  • Options
    Smoking a lot of Pepin again. The original Padilla Achilles tonight from 06. Wow this cigar was good back then but it's great now. Glad I stocked up on these!
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Had my first cigar in about two weeks, first since coming back from a little sickness. I wanted to burn a cigar I was familiar with, so I smoked a Padilla 1932. Tasted a little off, but I'm attributing that to my palate being a bit off, and probably still being a tad sick. I'll smoke a maduro tomorrow, since I have been craving one. Any good cigars with a brazilian aripica wrapper? Might be spelling that wrong, it's the same one that the CAO Brazilia has.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    betasynn:
    Any good cigars with a brazilian aripica wrapper? Might be spelling that wrong, it's the same one that the CAO Brazilia has.
    Only ones I can think of are the CAO Brazilia that you mentioned, the CCOM Brazilian label and the Forum Blend maduro I think....my favorite among the three being the Forum Blend.