Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    I had my second CCOM brazilian label last night and still wasn't impressed. The construction was loose and it was at the best average. I need to try some other CCOM Labels!!!!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    ejenne87:
    Last night I had two in celebration of my recent savings on my monthly purchase of cigars. I started out with a CCOM Camaroon label. I was not really expecting much from it but was pleasently suprised, it was fairly enjoyable. A few hours later I went back and had an Olivia Serie G. That was the first G I have ever had and I loved it! So far I have absolutely enjoyed everything I have had from Olivia.
    Yeah, Oliva generally doesn't make bad cigars, lol. Did you have the G in Maduro or Cameroon? I really dig the Maduro.

Smoking a Tatuaje P Corona right now, awesome smoke, I still can't believe these are less than $4 each.
    it was the camaroon. I have had the O maduro and loved it. I plan to try the G maduro some time. as for tonight, I just had a CCOM red label, not impressed at all. it was such a hard draw it was almost not worth it and the flavor left something to be desired. I'll have to get another sampler and try it again, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. I am also planning on having a RP 1990. they are a decent smoke, pretty consistent as far as construction and draw so hopefully that will make me feel a little better!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I think you are really going to dig the G maduro, it is one of my favorite maduros. Awesome cigar.

Right now I am in the middle of a Perdomo Cuban Parejo. I am really impressed with this little Nicaraguan Puro, very smooth, earthy smoke. It only has a little over two weeks of age on it, but it is smoking like a champ. I am getting more and more impressed with Perdomo with every new cigars of theirs I smoke.
  • Options
    Just polished of a Perdomo Patriarch Maduro (robusto)...great draw & finish....great smoke all around.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    About 3:30 after some nicly grilled marinated ribeye steaks I retired into my favorite outside chair at the end of my garage in the shade and fired up a Sancho Panza Dbl Maduro and drank a few Miller Lites. Just listning to the sounds of my neighborhood and thinking about the upcoming week. I really enjoyed the smoke ...very good maduro sweetness with a good mix of woodsy and cedar to compliment it. A few bursts of spice at one point. I will be picking up some more of these . I believe I may have one more before the night is out maybe ...just not sure what ...
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Just finished a Don Tomas Maduro (robusto). Sitting out on my tiny 27th floor balcony on this chilly windy day here in Vancouver. Drinking a Coke Zero, enjoying the sounds of the city below me. A nice smooth smoke with good draw and mild finish. Smoked it till I could no longer hold it.
  • Options
    TheShaun:
    Just finished a Don Tomas Maduro (robusto). Sitting out on my tiny 27th floor balcony on this chilly windy day here in Vancouver. Drinking a Coke Zero, enjoying the sounds of the city below me. A nice smooth smoke with good draw and mild finish. Smoked it till I could no longer hold it.

I bet thats a pretty nice view from up there ...
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Yesterday was a Forum Sumatra to start. I am amazed with the quality of these sticks; the construction rivals anything I've ever seen. Burn quality is amazing; absolutely even with no extra attention needed. The Sumatra is very good but I still prefer the Maduro. I finished the evening with a Padilla '68 Saloman.

Today I'm having an Onyx Reserve one of you maniacs sent me a while ago.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonight I think I'll have an Oliva, Serie V. Been saving it for a while but it's calling out to me......

Learned something interesting yesterday, though. A CAO Brazilia goes really well with a blender of frozen margaritas.

Marty

• Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Had a JAVA.... After the Isla del Sol last night this is SOOOO MUCH better...
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    gmill880:
    TheShaun:

Here's a few shots I took earlier this summer.

• Options
    TheShaun:
    gmill880:
    TheShaun:

Here's a few shots I took earlier this summer.

Man thats awsome ...what a view ...that has to be relaxing smoking on the balcony ...
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    Yesterday was a Forum Sumatra to start. I am amazed with the quality of these sticks; the construction rivals anything I've ever seen. Burn quality is amazing; absolutely even with no extra attention needed. The Sumatra is very good but I still prefer the Maduro. I finished the evening with a Padilla '68 Saloman.

Whats that ??? Another Maduro vote !!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    zoom6zoom:

Whats that ??? Another Maduro vote !!!
    Woot-woot!

Renaissance_Man:
    Had a JAVA.... After the Isla del Sol last night this is SOOOO MUCH better...
    Yeah, I prefer the Java to the Isla del Sol, but then again they are really different cigars. The Isla del Sol is much sweeter and has a much more pronounced coffee flavor. The Java is just an all around excellent cigar IMO.

Well, I finally smoked the Delirium I picked up a month ago, and it did not dissapoint. I can't wait to try the HC series, I am loving everything by Jesus Fuego. I also just finished a Gurkha Beast, this one had about six months on it. I'd like to say it showed its age really well, but honestly I remember the last one I had being just as good as this one was.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Yeah, I prefer the Java to the Isla del Sol, but then again they are really different cigars. The Isla del Sol is much sweeter and has a much more pronounced coffee flavor. The Java is just an all around excellent cigar IMO.
    I agree! I am very excited about trying the Tabak Especial now. I have a few coming in again with Maduro wrappers. But JAVA I will ALWAYS have in my humidor! Gotta make a review for it on my website soon now. :)
  • Options
    Renaissance_Man:
    alienmisprint:
    I agree! I am very excited about trying the Tabak Especial now. I have a few coming in again with Maduro wrappers. But JAVA I will ALWAYS have in my humidor! Gotta make a review for it on my website soon now. :)
    I always have the Java Maduro and Tabak Especial in my infused stick humi ...never fall below about 8 of each and usually have a box of each on hand
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I had half of an Oliva Serie G cameroon toro this afternoon, it was the sloppiest looking Oliva I've seen with gaps in the wrapper exposing the binder and several places where there were chips in the wrapper and one large crack...I don't blame Oliva for the chips and cracks, I would guess faulty handling when the sampler was put together, but the roll was shoddy at best...I've got to wonder if Oliva is not stretching themselves a bit thin with all the new additions to their line.

Later was a forum blend sumatra, perfect construction, excellent draw and burn, great flavor. I'm definitely liking this one.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Renaissance_Man:
    alienmisprint:
    I always have the Java Maduro and Tabak Especial in my infused stick humi ...never fall below about 8 of each and usually have a box of each on hand
    Yeah, I normally get the Javas by the box (whenever I find a good deal on them), but I'm not too crazy about the Tabaks. They're good, its just that i prefer tha Java. I do tend to keep at least a couple of the Natural Irish Hops on hand though.
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    Enjoying a sol cubano cuban cabinet #1 right now. I really like this cigar. Has a great oily wrapper and some smooth smoke with a light spice... Can't wait to let a few of these rest for a couple of weeks
  • Options
    Had a col cubano cuban cabinet courtesy of renaissance stan while I cooked out pretty good little smoke, nice an light
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    To celebrate a friend's birthday, we both enjoyed a Camacho Pre-Embargo. Great as always, and even nicer to share the experience with my friend.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Had a Habanera 78, was a bit on the mild side and felt dry. Kinda odd because it has been chilling in the humi for around 2 months and my other sticks aren't dried out. Anyways, nothing fancy about it, just an average stick.
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Rocky Patel The Edge
    Do they call it that because of high nicotine levels »Shaking still«

• Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Had a 5 Vegas Limitada 2006. Had this resting in the humi since 07. Perfect draw, lots of smoke. Great taste.
  • Options
    leonard:
    Had a 5 Vegas Limitada 2006. Had this resting in the humi since 07. Perfect draw, lots of smoke. Great taste.
    Yeah, the 06 is pretty awesome.

I am currently in the middle of a Gurkha Turk, it seems like I have been on a milder cigar kick lately, at least for my in-the-morning smoke. The Turk is going pretty good with a Frappuccino.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    rad1964:
    Rocky Patel The Edge
    Do they call it that because of high nicotine levels »Shaking still«

The only Edge I've ever had knocked me out. I smoked the missile. It didn't affect me because of the strength, it was how long it took to get through that beast. I was pretty burned out.

I haven't had much time to smoke the last couple of days, so I'm kicking back with a Cohiba and a Shiner Bock right now.
  • Options
    Had a Viaje fifty/fifty...interesting smoke. The concept is that it is two different blends rolled into one cigar. It is a great smoke. and they are now on my must buy a box list.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    Arturo Fuente Hemingway. Had it in my local B&M while reading the paper. A fine day
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    mustluvcigars:
    Had a Viaje fifty/fifty...interesting smoke. The concept is that it is two different blends rolled into one cigar. It is a great smoke. and they are now on my must buy a box list.
    I think you are the only person I've seen mention Viaje cigars. I saw this one and was curious as to how good they are. Now I've got to pick one up. What do you think of the Oro and Platino?
  • Options
    I'll be on vacation for the next couple of days and I'm bring a few cigars to enjoy at night. They are an acid kuba kuba, a cohiba black, a gurkha vintage shaggy and an opus x ****. I have had the acid before the other three I'll be trying out for the first time.