Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Had a cute petite corona from the 5 Vegas Miami!!! Oh man - this thing ROCKS! AWESOME CIGAR! Alien - I'd suggest they are ready to be enjoyed! I will post a review on it soon... But overall - the best 5 Vegas I have smoked ever!
  • Options
    This was my first Viaje, it will not be the last. Me thinks I need to go try them too..lol.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just finished an Ashton VSG Torpedo our friend Tumbler generously gifted me with a couple of weeks ago. Man, now I know why there's all the hype around Ashton. Damn good cigar, I will definately be putting some of these in the humidor. Oh, and I got the job at the tattoo shop, yay me!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Just finished an Ashton VSG Torpedo our friend Tumbler generously gifted me with a couple of weeks ago. Man, now I know why there's all the hype around Ashton. Damn good cigar, I will definately be putting some of these in the humidor. Oh, and I got the job at the tattoo shop, yay me!
    CONGRATS!!!!
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had an RP '90, and a Partagas Black today. Neither of them tasted like anything at all! I had a cold last week and I guess it's still with me dammit.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    alienmisprint:

Congratulations Tony !!!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    leonard:
    Had a 5 Vegas Limitada 2006. Had this resting in the humi since 07. Perfect draw, lots of smoke. Great taste.
    I would love to find some of these but can't. I was able to get a 5ver of the 07. I still have some 08 and 09 left but wasn't a fan. Maybe some age will do em good.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Congrats man! I have yet to have the VSG Torpedo. The Robusto was awesome. The Enchantment sucked IMHO.
  • Options
    BTJR99:
    I'll be on vacation for the next couple of days and I'm bring a few cigars to enjoy at night. They are an acid kuba kuba, a cohiba black, a gurkha vintage shaggy and an opus x ****. I have had the acid before the other three I'll be trying out for the first time.
    The Shaggy is one of my all time favorites. Be carefull with the Opus X. That's a nasty sucker! They have all kicked my A$$ everytime I smoked one. I guess I'm not man enough to handle them! Where in NJ are you?
  • Options
    Had a Padilla 68 Toro yesterday. It was really good however near the last inch and a half to two inches it got really bad and harsh. Purging would help a little but even that wouldn't do much good. I have more of these those somewhere. Maybe not the toro size but possibly the robusto size. This one was part of the cotm club back in February.
  • Options
    I just had to lay down a Punch Gran Puro that was 6 months rested...

Started out pretty decent, tough pull though and after cutting just a little bit more I saw Vein after Vein after Vein...

The head of the cigar was, as they say, "All stems and sticks"

It was like smoking a box of pencils
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Had an Alec Bradley Maxx this afternoon. Wonderful, as always. Had a hell of a time getting the matches to stay lit in the afternoon breeze (think I went through 2 books!), but I blame myself as I ran out of fuel for the lighter. :)
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    Had a cute petite corona from the 5 Vegas Miami!!! Oh man - this thing ROCKS! AWESOME CIGAR! Alien - I'd suggest they are ready to be enjoyed! I will post a review on it soon... But overall - the best 5 Vegas I have smoked ever!
    I had one of those a couple of days ago, very good cigar. I dunno if I would rank it as the best 5 Vegas I've had, but it was very good.

And thanks for all the congrats guys, working at a studio really has been a long time dream of mine. Tonight I am having a RP OWR Corojo, the more of these I smoke, the more I like them. I beleive I actually like the Corojo better than the Maduro in these (which is very unusual for me, I almost always prefer a maduro).
  • Options
    bibbybibby Posts: 152
    Working on nubbing a Oliva Serie V Lancero; man to everyone lately that has been commenting on wrapper to filler ratio, they are spot on!First really smaller ring gauge I've had and the consistent flavor and great burn I would almost consider this a medium body rather than the full bodied ligero powerhouse it is.

Great earthy, leathery, tobacco flavors throughout. Can't wait to load up on more and compare with the vaunted torpedo!
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    well it was my birthday today and didn't get a chance to enjoy any cigars - think i'll wait till this weekend to grab something special
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Finally busted out my Carlito double robusto God of Fire

My first third was nice, a strange yet delicious flavor I couldn't put my taste buds on. The 2nd third, was a lot of pepper, before mellowing out a bit. Although potent, I don't think this is going to be one of my 'special' sticks.

• Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    So I had my first CAO tonight.It was the Cx2. If you like cameroons this is right up your ally. I thought it was a damned good smoke. It was a weighty cigar, by which I mean it was very solid and lasted more than an hour, which is unusual for me. It reminded me of the graycliff red and blue label,and thats not a bad thing for me.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I have been out at the lake since Friday and have had some awesome smokes! A few of my highlights were the Oliva Serie V Maduro! WOW!!! This is only the 2nd one of these I've had and it was amazing! I'm glad a split a box of 10 of these with a buddy of mine! Also had a San Cristobal, Oliva O Maduro, 5 Vegas Classic, 601 Green, and Perdoma ESV maduro. All great smokes! I had a couple others but don't remember what all they were off the top of my head. It was a good weekend of cigars and a few drinks, now I'm back at work and feeling refreshed... I wonder who will piss me off first and ruiin my good mood! haha Ya gotta pretty much expect that on a daily basis here!
  • Options
    rad1964:
    Finally busted out my Carlito double robusto God of Fire

My first third was nice, a strange yet delicious flavor I couldn't put my taste buds on. The 2nd third, was a lot of pepper, before mellowing out a bit. Although potent, I don't think this is going to be one of my 'special' sticks.

Have you had the Don Carlos GoF?
  • Options
    I redeemed the Cruddy Punch later on that day with a Gurkha G5... smooth easy draw and perfect burn...

I would say a medium bodied, nice creamy smoke
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Smoked a 5 Vegas Miami last night. What a fantastic cigar. It's been a long while since I've had one.

Medium bodied, perfect burn, fantastic flavor. I've got two more that are going in the aging humi. I'll see how they turn out for next summer. I think I'll have a 5 Vegas Classic tonight and compare the two.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Renaissance_Man:
    I had one of those a couple of days ago, very good cigar. I dunno if I would rank it as the best 5 Vegas I've had, but it was very good.

And thanks for all the congrats guys, working at a studio really has been a long time dream of mine. Tonight I am having a RP OWR Corojo, the more of these I smoke, the more I like them. I beleive I actually like the Corojo better than the Maduro in these (which is very unusual for me, I almost always prefer a maduro).
    It was the best for me ;)! Taken that I have smoked just a few Golds, and two reds that I did not like very much... Looking forward to trying everything else I got from 5 Vegas now - the relic, limitada, cask strength...
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Treated myself today at work to an Oliva Serie V torpedo. Rich but not over powering. First ash fell at 1 7/8" and only because I set it down. What a smoke!

• Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Looking good Mark! I like the Oliva V, but I don't often smoke a full bodied cigar, so when I had this is put me on my butt! But the flavors.....man they were great. Now try to Master Blends 3 if you haven't already. For me, those are even better.
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Hugemoose:
    Looking good Mark! I like the Oliva V, but I don't often smoke a full bodied cigar, so when I had this is put me on my butt! But the flavors.....man they were great. Now try to Master Blends 3 if you haven't already. For me, those are even better.

As a newbie this is only my second Oliva but, yes, I'm gonna work my way thru them for sure.
  • Options
    Gonna dig up a Padilla Obsidian I think, haven't enjoyed one in a while.
  • Options
    nbartomeli:
    Gonna dig up a Padilla Obsidian I think, haven't enjoyed one in a while.
    WELCOME!

And enjoy the Obsidian, I've never had one myself but the consensus is they taste very good, but don't burn very good
  • Options
    I started a Forum Blend Sumatra at lunch. Gonna go finish it in a little while. Yummmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    I started a Forum Blend Sumatra at lunch. Gonna go finish it in a little while. Yummmmmmmmmmm
    WELCOME!

And enjoy the Obsidian, I've never had one myself but the consensus is they taste very good, but don't burn very good
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    WELCOME!