Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:
    Saturday night I had my first DPG Cuban Classic. It was good. I think I have another one lying around somewhere. Last night I had my first DE Java, I had the Connie. It was ok. The feel I got was light and like smoking something papery and airy. I didn't hate it just wasn't great. Gonna try a maduro soon.

I smoke only the DE Java Maduro's ...the other doesn't have the same flavor to me ...
    I am excited now!!! I am getting a 5-pack of the maduros this week...
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Renaissance_Man:
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:
    Saturday night I had my first DPG Cuban Classic. It was good. I think I have another one lying around somewhere. Last night I had my first DE Java, I had the Connie. It was ok. The feel I got was light and like smoking something papery and airy. I didn't hate it just wasn't great. Gonna try a maduro soon.

I smoke only the DE Java Maduro's ...the other doesn't have the same flavor to me ...
    I am excited now!!! I am getting a 5-pack of the maduros this week...
    I smoked the Wafe today. Woooo. Did not like it at all. It had a weird what I think was a peppery taste to it. I have one more. I might give it away. Not my thing. I am looking forward to trying the regular maduro though.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a Oliva Serie O robusto in the natural wrapper...I really should not have smoked this one right off the mail truck as it was kinda nasty...oh well, that's what my impatience gets me. Later was a Don Pepin Cuban Classic robusto, always an enjoyable cigar and this one didn't disappoint.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Had an Opus **** last night. I love these things
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I had the Romeo y Julieta Maduro last night... this guy was fantastic...

More and more I'm loving this brand!
  • Options
    Ashton Aged Maduro No. 20. was good would buy again
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Just finished a Cusano Corojo Vintage 1997 robusto. Nice & spicy but not bitter. lots of smoke, even burn, good draw. Loved it.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    MarkH:
    Just finished a Cusano Corojo Vintage 1997 robusto. Nice & spicy but not bitter. lots of smoke, even burn, good draw. Loved it.
    its almost the time of year where i like to smoke the vintage 97s. this is my favorite fall smoke. as soon as the leaves change but before thy fall this cigar seems to be in its element.

today, however, i had a la aurora 1495 corona. i cant remember who sent this one to me but ive had it since febuary.
    thats a good smoke. i need to remember this one and smoke it agin some time soon.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    I had the Romeo y Julieta Maduro last night... this guy was fantastic...

More and more I'm loving this brand!
    I love the RyJ Reserve Maduro, it is really the only RyJ I dig.

Had a 5 Vegas Cask Strength last night, this one had about a month on it. Very good cigar as usual, and although I normally have some minor burn issues with them, this one had no problems at all. Right now I am in the middle of a RP Decade Torpedo, damn I love this cigar.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    MarkH:
    its almost the time of year where i like to smoke the vintage 97s. this is my favorite fall smoke. as soon as the leaves change but before thy fall this cigar seems to be in its element.

today, however, i had a la aurora 1495 corona. i cant remember who sent this one to me but ive had it since febuary.
    thats a good smoke. i need to remember this one and smoke it agin some time soon.
    I still got that '97 you sent me for your 1000th post contest Kuzi... The one from 2007...

I will try to overcome my Obsessive Compulsive Cigar-der to smoke it this fall!
  • Options
    And I'm smoking a Nica Libre Toro right now... Gosh these are tasty smokes!
  • Options
    Padilla Signature 1932, robusto. Im honor of today's great daily deal. Great cigar, great deal, gotta keep up the love for Cigar.com.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    RP Fusion in the Mini-Salomon size.. interesting for now...
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Carlos Torano Casa Torano. Pleasant smoke, but started off kind of harsh. It quickly mellowed out and became enjoyable the smoke it gave off was pleasant. It started off....eh...ended up....pretty good. I need to try a few more to really give it a fair chance.

Thank you Stan for sending this my way. I did enjoy it for a connecticut wrapper!
  • Options
    I'm in the middle of a JDN Antano Gran Consul now, not bad at all. It is definately better than the Lancero or Churchill, but still not as good as the Belicoso or Robusto.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Slow day at work let to burnin 3 cigars...1st a Punch Grand Cru Robusto- I really like this smoke, good flavor and burned sharp, nice and toasty ...2nd was a Forum Blend Sumantra - a excellent cigar but I still prefer the maduro ...3rd a Padilla Obsidian ...this one had about 4-5 months on it and I really like the flavor but damn I was hoping the rest time would help with the burn issues I always have with these. No such luck ...multiple relights and uneven burn led to me tossing it after 2/3rds done ...so I guess I really had 2 and 2/3 cigars hahaha ...
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Had the Oliva Cain Habano Torpedo today. First 1/3 was pretty impressive. Lots of pepper a little earth. Just really good strong and spicy. Burn was great nice ash. Then the tunneling came. The inside just took off without the wrapper ruining the rest for me. My fault for smoking it outside on a hot muggy Tampa afternoon. I just couldnt resist. Wish I wouldnt have wasted it. I also have one of the maduros Ill smoke one morning when the weather isnt so harsh.

Also had a RP Conny I really like this one for a mild cigar. Going to try the Oliva Conny to see how that one compares. Ive been on the non mild cigar band wagon for a while but the RP has changed my mind.
  • Options
    I had a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur I received from one of the great BOTL several months ago. Sorry I don't remember who guys! It was pretty good. Very even, slow slow burn, and good flavors. Definitely a mild to maybe medium cigar, very woody, short on the finish, with a ton of smoke. This is one I could definitely see myself smoking again. Thanks again to whoever sent it to me (maybe Vulchor?)
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had an Upmann Demitasse during my walk today. I really like this little cigar. They got a few months age on them and I have a whole lot more of them to go!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Eager to enjoy a Perdomo 10th Champagne after dinner, but I swear to goodness I'm done buying cigars from a b&m... I paid $15 for this cigar (Churchill), when ccom has it for under $8! grrrrrr
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Hays:
    Eager to enjoy a Perdomo 10th Champagne after dinner, but I swear to goodness I'm done buying cigars from a b&m... I paid $15 for this cigar (Churchill), when ccom has it for under $8! grrrrrr
    B&M are not worth in my books. There are so many deals on the internet that you can fill up your humi with a nice collection of cigars for 1/2 or even 1/3 of the cost.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    bigbgballz:
    Hays:
    B&M are not worth in my books. There are so many deals on the internet that you can fill up your humi with a nice collection of cigars for 1/2 or even 1/3 of the cost.
    That is true, but how many times have you walked into cigar.com, picked up a cigar and smoked it right then?
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    kuzi16:
    MarkH:

I still got that '97 you sent me for your 1000th post contest Kuzi... The one from 2007...

I will try to overcome my Obsessive Compulsive Cigar-der to smoke it this fall!
    ah... a well aged cusano corojo 97... that sounds so good about now.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    bigbgballz:
    Hays:
    That is true, but how many times have you walked into cigar.com, picked up a cigar and smoked it right then?
    Yeah, alot of the reason I go to B&M's is for the experience, buying a cigar, smoking it there, talking to the staff. There is something to be said for chilling out with a cigar in a nice comfy chair with a few other smokers in that kind of environment. But for the record, I do buy about 95% of my cigars off the internet.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I haven't checked in on here in a few days because my computer monitor at home took a giant dooky and I haven't taken the time to go get a new one. I have smoked some awesome cigars lately though. Monday night I went to a little poker game up at my local B&M with some friends and as I was talking with the guy at the shop he pointed out the new Don Pepin My Father Maduro. GREAT smoke! I don't think it was quite as full bodied as the regular My Father, but it was a fantastic smoke! Went home after the poker game and sat on the balcony with a Perdoma ESV that was very nice, then last night smoked a San Cristobal. Pretty good week for me! I had something saturday night too, but I don't remember what it was... Damn... I'm drawing a total blank.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    Well I haven't checked in on here in a few days because my computer monitor at home took a giant dooky and I haven't taken the time to go get a new one. I have smoked some awesome cigars lately though. Monday night I went to a little poker game up at my local B&M with some friends and as I was talking with the guy at the shop he pointed out the new Don Pepin My Father Maduro. GREAT smoke! I don't think it was quite as full bodied as the regular My Father, but it was a fantastic smoke! Went home after the poker game and sat on the balcony with a Perdoma ESV that was very nice, then last night smoked a San Cristobal. Pretty good week for me! I had something saturday night too, but I don't remember what it was... Damn... I'm drawing a total blank.

Ya know Puro I would like to hear a police officer say that the next time I'm pulled for speeding !!! I know I pulled you for something Mr. Miller but I don't remember what ...I'am drawing a blank ...ahhh chit just go on and have a nice day !!!!! Thank You Officer You Too ...HaHaHa
  • Options
    im about to go out and smoke a RP I-press. the date it hit my humidor is 6-23-08.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    j0z3r:
    bigbgballz:
    Hays:
    Yeah, alot of the reason I go to B&M's is for the experience, buying a cigar, smoking it there, talking to the staff. There is something to be said for chilling out with a cigar in a nice comfy chair with a few other smokers in that kind of environment. But for the record, I do buy about 95% of my cigars off the internet.
    That's exactly what I like too, though in the case of yesterday I just bought it for home - something I'm not sure I'll do much of again. Also wasn't my normal b&m - my normal one is super chill with awesome staff, and they have deals on Sit and Smoke all the time..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    im about to go out and smoke a RP I-press. the date it hit my humidor is 6-23-08.
    unimpressed.

the first 2/3 were fairly good, but then it took a turn for the worse.

• Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Hays:
    alienmisprint:
    j0z3r:
    bigbgballz:
    Hays:
    That's exactly what I like too, though in the case of yesterday I just bought it for home - something I'm not sure I'll do much of again. Also wasn't my normal b&m - my normal one is super chill with awesome staff, and they have deals on Sit and Smoke all the time..
    That is what meant, picking it up for home. I expressed myself wrong. There is nothing wrong with B&Ms, and you cant beat the experience of smoking and having a nice conversation with others.