Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    I had a Padilla 48 earlier, damn good smoke as always.

I finished setting up the garage today, got the man-cave all good to go, lol. I figured it took a special cigar to christen the new smoking lounge/workshop, so I went with a Padron 1964 Anniversary (pretty sure it was the Imperial) a very generous BOTL on the boards here sent me a couple of months ago. I am very impressed with this cigar, although I was expecting it to be a little stronger. Super smooth all the way through with an ever-changing flavor profile, definately a good choice for a celebratory cigar.

Congrats on getting the man-cave up and running Tony ...
    Thanks Geno, now if anyone decides to swing down to this part of Lousiana, we have a pretty cool area to chill in while smoking, drinking, and generally doing man things.

I'm currently smoking the Forum Blend Sumatra. I'm only an inch in, but I think I prefer the Maduro. Not that the Sumatra is bad, its just that the Maduro caught my attention right off the bat. We will see how this one goes.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:

I finished setting up the garage today, got the man-cave all good to go, lol. I figured it took a special cigar to christen the new smoking lounge/workshop, so I went with a Padron 1964 Anniversary (pretty sure it was the Imperial) a very generous BOTL on the boards here sent me a couple of months ago. I am very impressed with this cigar, although I was expecting it to be a little stronger. Super smooth all the way through with an ever-changing flavor profile, definately a good choice for a celebratory cigar.

Thanks Geno, now if anyone decides to swing down to this part of Lousiana, we have a pretty cool area to chill in while smoking, drinking, and generally doing man things.

I'm currently smoking the Forum Blend Sumatra. I'm only an inch in, but I think I prefer the Maduro. Not that the Sumatra is bad, its just that the Maduro caught my attention right off the bat. We will see how this one goes.

Alien, have you tried the Brazilian House Blend?

Best of the bunch IMO.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the brazilian is a damn fine smoke.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:

Best of the bunch IMO.
    I actually haven't tried any of the house blends,. I thought about picking up a few of the Brazilians, but I really didn't care for the CAO Brazilia, so I wasn't sure if I'd dig them or not.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    in a few moments ill be smoking the RP fusion MM.

this might sound petty, but one of my favorite things about RPs is how easy the band comes off. there is NEVER any damage to the wrapper OR the band. why cant everyone do that?
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    alienmisprint:
    laker1963:
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:

Best of the bunch IMO.
    I actually haven't tried any of the house blends,. I thought about picking up a few of the Brazilians, but I really didn't care for the CAO Brazilia, so I wasn't sure if I'd dig them or not.

You should give them a try bro'. If you do I suggest the Corona size. I have had them in every vitola but have found in the Brazilian, I liked the way the Corona presented the flavors, and they seem to be the most consistant of the bunch. I don't know if the same can be said in the other C.Com House Brands, but I definately have an affinity for the Corona's in the Brazilian Label.
    Alien, I have an address for you but it is from Fort Polk. That isn't where you are now is it?
    Send me you addy bro' and I will get a couple of these things into a package for you.
  • Options
    I'm at Ft Polk, I can't remember if I sent you my new address or not though. Incoming PM just to be sure.
  • Options
    I smoked a Carlos Torano Exodus Gold and it was superb. Nice warm spicy smoke with a touch of cedar and caramel flavor. Great smoke.
  • Options
    I'm right in the middle of a 5 Vegas Limitada 2006. Damn these are superior to the '08s. I hate smoking this one just because its the only I have.
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    heading up to a friends house later tonight -- probably going to have a cao gold and maybe a cao italia afterwards - figure i'll start with something mild.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I had a Fonseca Havana Seleccion.... It was a super tough draw
    This was the third Fonseca in a row that was a SUPER tight draw.... I'ma lay off Fonseca's for a while
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a helluva cigar day today.

I started with a nice mild number that is new to me, a Montesino toro that I found to be quite pleasant and really enjoyed. Later was a Perdomo Fresco maduro toro, for a budget cigar it was decent, nothing special but certainly solid for its price. Later still was a Fuente Don Carlos #3, a cigar I didn't much enjoy at first due to a really tight draw and some nasty tar buildup, after a year they have settled nicely and I really enjoy it. To end the night I had a Camacho 1962 Pre-embargo, this cigar has a sneaky strength to it, it comes off as full flavored but medium, maybe medium-full in body, in the last inch of the cigar, however, I started to feel this unmistakable weight in my gut...good cigar, but it needs an additional 6 months to start reaching its potential...I say that from experience with this cigar, it is great with adequate aging time on it.
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Lasabar:
    I had a Fonseca Havana Seleccion.... It was a super tough draw
    This was the third Fonseca in a row that was a SUPER tight draw.... I'ma lay off Fonseca's for a while
    I've had several of these in the invictos size and can't say I've ever had a tight draw, but, I have had some serious burn issues with them which is a shame because I love the way they taste.
  • Options
    Been playing around with Acid Mistakes for the last couple of days very surprisinly tasty little devils. Looks like a CAO Brazilia for me tonight
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    ashton vsg
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Hopefully a CAO Sopranos...
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Had a helluva cigar day today.

I started with a nice mild number that is new to me, a Montesino toro that I found to be quite pleasant and really enjoyed. Later was a Perdomo Fresco maduro toro, for a budget cigar it was decent, nothing special but certainly solid for its price.
    I also thought the Montesino's weren't too bad for a mild stick. The Fresco I had tasted like burnt plastic though. I bought one of the Maduros and one of the Naturals a few weeks ago, and I have been scared to smoke the Natural because of how bad the Maduro was, lol. Maybe it was just a bad stick.

Right now I am in the middle of a Perdomo Squared Habano. It started off a little rough, but it evened out about an inch in. It is pretty decent now, although I wouldn't buy another one. Far too many cigars in the same price range that are waaaay better.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Renaissance_Man:
    Hopefully a CAO Sopranos...

Damn I miss the Sopranos ...wish Chase would find a way to resurrect it ...
  • Options
    andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    Last night I had a RP 92 and as usual it was a great smoke! Paired with a gibson while we sat outside at a wedding. Very nice night.
  • Options
    Almost done with a 5 Vegas Limitada 07. I think the 2006 was a little better, but this one is still very tasty. And now the only 5 Vegas I haven't tried is the Limitada 09. Gonna have to do something about that, lol.
  • Options
    I think the '06 is the best in show so far for the Limitada line. Give me a couple of days Tony, and I can shoot some of the '09s out to you...I've got more than I know what to do with.
  • Options
    I appreciate it Joe, how are they? Better than the '08s? The flavor on the '08s was good, but I didn't smoke a single one that didn't have burn issues. I agree with you that the '06 was the best. I smoked it yesterday and the 07 today just so I could get a good comparison on them. The 07 is pretty damn good too though, it just seems like they went a little downhill each year, lol.

I am right in the middle of a G.A.R. now, very nice medium bodied cigar. Plenty of flavor, excellent construction, and a good overall feel. I don't see too many people talking about these, if you haven't tried one you should give 'em a shot.
  • Options
    Tonight was a Ashton VSG ...always a good smoke ...rain drove me into the garage but no problem. Enjoyed the smoke while watching a light rain and good breeze come thru ...I think it may have been my last one sadly ...time to reload ...
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    tonight i had a cusano habano lxi preferido
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    I appreciate it Joe, how are they? Better than the '08s?
    Yeah, I think it is. I was really into the '08 at first, but each subsequent cigar was a step down in enjoyment. I think the '07 is good but a little light on flavor...I need to smoke another soon.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    alienmisprint:
    Yeah, I think it is. I was really into the '08 at first, but each subsequent cigar was a step down in enjoyment. I think the '07 is good but a little light on flavor...I need to smoke another soon.
    That's pretty much how I felt about the '08. I really liked the first one I had, but every one after it got a little less enjoyable. The 07 wasn't as flavorful as the 06, thats for sure, but it was still good.

I'm in the middle of a CAO Gold Maduro, not too bad of a stick, but definately not my favorite CAO, not even in the top five. Maybe I should have given it some more rest, I dunno.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    alienmisprint:
    j0z3r:
    alienmisprint:
    That's pretty much how I felt about the '08. I really liked the first one I had, but every one after it got a little less enjoyable. The 07 wasn't as flavorful as the 06, thats for sure, but it was still good.

I'm in the middle of a CAO Gold Maduro, not too bad of a stick, but definately not my favorite CAO, not even in the top five. Maybe I should have given it some more rest, I dunno.
    I haven't had the 06 but I have had the 07, 08 and 09. The only one I really liked was the 07 however given some age the other two might grow on me.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Saturday night I had my first DPG Cuban Classic. It was good. I think I have another one lying around somewhere. Last night I had my first DE Java, I had the Connie. It was ok. The feel I got was light and like smoking something papery and airy. I didn't hate it just wasn't great. Gonna try a maduro soon.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    Saturday night I had my first DPG Cuban Classic. It was good. I think I have another one lying around somewhere. Last night I had my first DE Java, I had the Connie. It was ok. The feel I got was light and like smoking something papery and airy. I didn't hate it just wasn't great. Gonna try a maduro soon.

I smoke only the DE Java Maduro's ...the other doesn't have the same flavor to me ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:

I smoke only the DE Java Maduro's ...the other doesn't have the same flavor to me ...
    I second that, the Latte is nowhere near as good as the Maduro. Speaking of Drew Estate, I am in the middle of a Pimp Stick now. Definately not my favorite offering from DE, although I seem to remember them being a little better than this.