Home General Discussion

NW Herf?

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
So I see a few more people on here from oregon and washington, was wondering how much of an interest there would be to get a herf together?

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geeez you're preaching to the choir! I might be interested if its in Tacoma...
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Where's Tacoma???? Smile [:)]

If the stars align, I would be down in Ptown. Maybe bring a friend. Whatcha thinking Pheebs?
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    Bigshizza:
    Where's Tacoma???? Smile [:)]

If the stars align, I would be down in Ptown. Maybe bring a friend. Whatcha thinking Pheebs?
    I'd be up for it, provided it's at a time I can make it through traffic. ;)
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Heck count me in! Lemme know when and where and ill be there!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Ag03Ag03 Posts: 26
    Portland here ! I would be interested !
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    well I'm not expert on places to go, I live in gresham and seldom wander into ptown but there are a couple of places. kells irish pub has a smoking room though I don't know how big, never really went in there. cascade in milwaukie has a room but their sort of aholes these days after they switched to making one pay monies to use it. I'd be willing to go to Vancouver if anyone knows of a place. Sundays work best for me.
    There is also a cigar bar down of of Hawethorn behind The Bagdad theater. I haven't been there but I heard you can bring your own smokes. :)
    is that the port bar you and I have talked about? If it is, it looks cool
    LiquidChaos66:
    There is also a cigar bar down of of Hawethorn behind The Bagdad theater. I haven't been there but I heard you can bring your own smokes. :)
    thats Greater Trumps McMenamins which is a good spot. Also 82nd ave tobacco is good but out of courtesy of them we should at least buy a stick. I'm down with Trumps one of these days. I have to get my Bells Palsy under control though, only half my mouth can draw from a cigar. The other half won't hold so I have no tension in my left side of my lips making it unable to puff.
    phobicsquirrel:

yeah thats the one i was talking about earlier. Depending on how many people are up for it that might be a good bet. The 82nd tobacco that dennisking mentioned isnt too bad either. It has seating for like maybe 4-6 people. so it could be an option too. Plus its just up the street from an AWESOME Chinese food place! lol
    dennisking:
    LiquidChaos66:
    thats Greater Trumps McMenamins which is a good spot. Also 82nd ave tobacco is good but out of courtesy of them we should at least buy a stick. I'm down with Trumps one of these days. I have to get my Bells Palsy under control though, only half my mouth can draw from a cigar. The other half won't hold so I have no tension in my left side of my lips making it unable to puff.
    I have yet to be too Greater Trump... have you been there? it looks like it has plenty of space and plus its a McMenamins! I love their cajun tots!
    LiquidChaos66:
    phobicsquirrel:

yeah thats the one i was talking about earlier. Depending on how many people are up for it that might be a good bet. The 82nd tobacco that dennisking mentioned isnt too bad either. It has seating for like maybe 4-6 people. so it could be an option too. Plus its just up the street from an AWESOME Chinese food place! lol
    and they have outside seating if its nice out
    I'm fine with that place. we just need a day
    Im good for the weekends. Sundays would be my preferred of the two. :) As long as i have a week notice i should be fine! :)
    Saturdays or sundays is generally good for me too.
    I work 9/21 and 9/28 I'm at the coast.
    What's everyone's thoughts on Sunday the 15th?
    I'm open the 15th so far.
    lol, the 15th? well that would work but I'd have to be done by 3 though. got a poker game going on around 530
    Poop. They don't open till 4pm. I work the 14th and would like the evening with my family so that's out for me. Thoughts?
    Anyone have any hang ups for Sunday 22nd?
    LiquidChaos66:
    Poop. They don't open till 4pm. I work the 14th and would like the evening with my family so that's out for me. Thoughts?
    You guys could all meet at Greater Trumps instead of 82nd Ave. I'm still out of commission until my face starts to work normally again. I can't puff on a cigar because half my lip is paralyzed. Sucks
    dennisking:
    LiquidChaos66:
    You guys could all meet at Greater Trumps instead of 82nd Ave. I'm still out of commission until my face starts to work normally again. I can't puff on a cigar because half my lip is paralyzed. Sucks

How long does that usually happen? I don't mean to pry or be nosey medical things fascinate me.

We could do 82nd ave on the 15th... I forgot they were an option. Lol
    Greater Trumps works, never been there. So I'm down for the 15th.
    Trumps is the one that doesn't open till 4pm. 82nd is open at like 10am. Lol 82nd then?
    Or did something happen with you poker game?
    okay so there is a place on Hawthorne and 30th or so. I can't find the place via google but it's a small little bar that sells cigars and you can drink there. I think we should go there, but if it fails then I suppose 82nd. I'll go swing around there tomorrow and report back... or maybe sunday either way I'll figure it out.

Well my game this weekend fell through cuz of people crapping out last minute and next week ... we'll see. I need more reliable poker players.
    The place on Hawethorn is Greater Trumps that opens at 4pm it's the Mcmenamins we were messaging about a while back. That would be my first pick... Lol cause they might have Cajun Tots. Lol I have yet to see their menu. It's tucked off of Hawethorn on a side street behind the Bagdad Theater and I drove passed it a couple times before actually finding it. Lol

82nd st. Isn't too bad. It's a smaller place. Totally check it out. It would work great for about 4 people. It's a little cramped. Either way I'm good for both options.
    ah, okay your right. Thing about 82nd, is I have to buy something and also have to pay to go in their lounge. I don't like that one bit.
    There is broadway cigars that opens at noon. 3615 NE Broadway Portland, OR 97232. I haven't been to that one but looks nice.