Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Pony Express Pass

Comments

• Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    Since the theme is "Pony Express",optimize the package route so that it travels faster and for shorter intervals. The USPS doesn't need any help shipping slowly and the longer it's in their system, the more likely it is that they'll bungle something.
    I'm not sure how much diference it would make, it took longer to get a package from Temple, Tx (40 miles up the road) than it takes to get one from Florida! My faith in the USPS is sadly lacking! lol.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    onestrangeone:
    allsmokedup:
    Since the theme is "Pony Express",optimize the package route so that it travels faster and for shorter intervals. The USPS doesn't need any help shipping slowly and the longer it's in their system, the more likely it is that they'll bungle something.
    I'm not sure how much diference it would make, it took longer to get a package from Temple, Tx (40 miles up the road) than it takes to get one from Florida! My faith in the USPS is sadly lacking! lol.
    In the spirit of the pass I did take a look at a map and I did make some adjustments before I set the pass order, but like Nathan said, the USPS works in mysterious ways. I tried to generally shorten the distances between each of us but how they (USPS) route our pass through the different distribution centers will be up to them.

And the pass really isn't about how fast the post office operates. It's about how fast each of us operates. All we can do is closely track the packages and make our turn arounds as quickly as possible.
  • Options
    The pass closed to new participants.

(Starts TODAY MONDAY 28th - Check your PMs for addys)

UPDATED PASS ORDER as of 10/27/13
    SleevePlz
    TheHilk
    CigarMan37
    allsmokedup
    Tyland64
    buckeyecigar
    Bobbo2009
    onestrangeone
    Bob Luken

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    onestrangeone:
    allsmokedup:
    In the spirit of the pass I did take a look at a map and I did make some adjustments before I set the pass order, but like Nathan said, the USPS works in mysterious ways. I tried to generally shorten the distances between each of us but how they (USPS) route our pass through the different distribution centers will be up to them.

And the pass really isn't about how fast the post office operates. It's about how fast each of us operates. All we can do is closely track the packages and make our turn arounds as quickly as possible.
    Any time I do a pass, I order it geographically. The time isn't shortened much, but the cost can be. Shipping to the state next to you can be half as much as shipping across the country when packages get bigger..... Also Michael, I sent you a pm about the pass. And since this is officially traveling, I can safely tell you, we are all going to rape you when this gets back to you!!!!! Guys, you don't have to follow my lead, but you should..... ;)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Bob Luken:
    onestrangeone:
    allsmokedup:

Any time I do a pass, I order it geographically. The time isn't shortened much, but the cost can be. Shipping to the state next to you can be half as much as shipping across the country when packages get bigger..... Also Michael, I sent you a pm about the pass. And since this is officially traveling, I can safely tell you, we are all going to rape you when this gets back to you!!!!! Guys, you don't have to follow my lead, but you should..... ;)
    I was planing to add a tube of astroglide anyway!
  • Options
    No means no :(
  • Options
    Because I didn't mention ALL the pass rules in the first post I'll try and list anything I failed to mention now. And I'll also post this as an edit on the first post.

Take 3 or 4 cigars from the pass and put an equal number from your supply back.

Post pics of your takes and puts.

Since I'm posting a picture of the pass as it began from me to Tony, all you'll need to do is post pictures of your takes and puts.

Seriously, I don't need any extra cigars so don't go crazy with the puts.

And post your tracking numbers promptly.

If you have any problems or questions let me know. This is my first pass so forgive me for not getting all of these rules posted from the beginning. Here's the starting line-up. Just like I said in the first post. It's basic ccom sprint sale stock. So keep it simple. Don't go all fancy with your puts :)

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I wonder if they ever had any female riders?

• Options
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    I wonder if they ever had any female riders?

Maybe, but I bet they didn't look like this!
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    I had no idea that ccom started selling 4 Kicks stuff! Hopefully you guys will leave one in by the time it reaches me, I've been wanting to try them.
  • Options
    allsmokedup:
    I had no idea that ccom started selling 4 Kicks stuff! Hopefully you guys will leave one in by the time it reaches me, I've been wanting to try them.
    No callin' dibs! LOL (PM me for 4 kicks info)
  • Options
    Looks like this got held up in transit already :(
  • Options
    Yep, looks like it's had to move through two different distribution centers so far :(
  • Options
    Out for Delivery! Yeah!
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    Out for Delivery! Yeah!
    I'll be home in a couple hours. With any luck, I might be able to get it back out before the PO closes.
  • Options
    Sorry for the poor picture quality, but I was in a hurry :) Takes on the left, puts on the right. Since the pass started with 20 sticks, I opted to keep takes and puts equal. For some reason, though, the package got a littler fuller.........weird. I also tossed in a nice big boveda to help out the humidity in there. Untitled As soon as I have the next person's address, I will ship this back out. Thanks for allowing me to play, Michael!
  • Options
    9405 5036 9930 0110 6895 38 I will have had it in my possession for less than 2 hours despite needing to get the next address. How is that for speed???
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that is quick!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    You da MAN!

My apologies for the address problem. I sent PMs detailing providing the next addy needed to EVERYONE but you! I would have felt soooo bad if I had held you up :(
  • Options
    For the record, since the pic sucks, I put in a Camacho 10th Anny, MoW 52c, Padron Londes Maduro, and a Room 101 Serie HN. To the rest of the guys in this pass. Feel free to contribute to the "other" bag in the pass. I put a note in it to avoid any confusion.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    For the record, since the pic sucks, I put in a Camacho 10th Anny, MoW 52c, Padron Londes Maduro, and a Room 101 Serie HN. To the rest of the guys in this pass. Feel free to contribute to the "other" bag in the pass. I put a note in it to avoid any confusion.

Lol, I was thinking of doing that too, good thing it'll be in from the start for maximum exposure.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    9405 5036 9930 0110 6895 38 I will have had it in my possession for less than 2 hours despite needing to get the next address. How is that for speed???
    THAT is fanfrickingtastic!
  • Options
    Out for delivery today, looks like you're up, theHilk.
  • Options
    Heads up Jeff :)
  • Options
    thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Got it. Pic in a few
  • Options
    image This is my first pass, so I hope I did good! In case u can't see what I left: CAO 'VR' Cathedral, Pinar Del Rio Exclusivo, La Herencia Cubana CORE, MoW Little Devil
  • Options
    On my way to Post Office.
  • Options
    Tracking # 9114901123086189347803 for Wed 11/6
  • Options
    Nice picks and puts, awesome turnaround!