Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    dr_frankenstein56:
    kaspera79:
    A.J. I read your post several times and gather this opinion even with the missing pieces. ( like what is it that you do). I heard a quote one time, " I can accept failure, everyone is human.. What I can not accept is never trying." Your wife supports something you do, and apparently do well if you have people blowing up your phone. You say that she makes enough money to pay bills, that's good money is not a problem.. So what is the problem.. Nothing I can see. So what's this about you don't want her to constantly remind you of your failures.. That can be stated equally for never trying if a person was so inclined to make such statements..
    You mention your dream is already coming to fruition just by making the contacts in this industry. You have the skills, the ability, the right people to make it work, and a years worth on work.. Dude, what's to think about ? Security is nice, but there's only one way to learn to fly, jump out of the nest.
    Re-read your own post, how can you say no ?
    I know its slightly broken... "they" (management) are very rough on us about anything we say on the internet so I avoid putting myself in a position for them to have any kind of ammunition on me to get in trouble weather it be from saying to much, or from saying anything at all. but my current job is as an electrical engineer. The job im shooting for, is as a small buisness owner building race cars.

But what you said is pretty much what I needed to hear. I know ive talked myself into it.... i just need the nudge off the cliff.

Thank You

A.j.
    Do it man! Life is too short.
    What they said. Your wife is behind you, you have a trade that will always be in demand if it doesn't work out, and you have people with funds recognizing your skill/talent. Plus there is what I have referred to as "the happiness quotient" how much is your happiness, and by extension your family's, worth?
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    That my weather app is broken or something. It says the low today is going to be 29 (I hate that, too), but the current temperature is 26 (I hate that, too)! What is wrong with you, Weather Channel!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Getting a call at home at 4am and it's gibberish/drunk sounding. Falling back asleep thinking it could be your daughter who's away at College. Getting another call at 6:30am from her saying she's sorry for the last messsage, she was on morphine, and she's at the hospital with kidney pain. Turns out she's ok, just had a UTI in her Kidney but scary nonetheless. She's still my little girl but man that was rough.
  • Options
    **** hipsters. I swear every time I'm in Portland I have to constantly fight the urge to just beat the crap out of the next smarmy, thick glasses wearing, no balls in girls jeans douchebag that crosses my path. And I'm generally a pretty accepting, peaceable fellow, but those asshats just irritate the hell out of me.
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    A system that rewards the lazy leeches that refuse to work to better themselves. Thus costing me approximately 12 K a year for the next 4 years.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I hate that pulling double shifts 6 days a week is causing some family stress. See thing I love thread.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    macs-smokes:
    A system that rewards the lazy leeches that refuse to work to better themselves. Thus costing me approximately 12 K a year for the next 4 years.

+++9873420958675758797450-4509185025720-580-258-257309750398670-39580-345

and plus me too. rediculous what it has come too.

Aj
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Being taped, butterfly stitched I think they call it, in my groin instead of the tried and true old fashioned way of sewing up with sutures my eight inch cut.
    Pulls like a................!
  • Options
    Family. Dear lord.
  • Options
    Want to play videogames family wants to watch TV. Ugh.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    macs-smokes:

+++9873420958675758797450-4509185025720-580-258-257309750398670-39580-345

and plus me too. rediculous what it has come too.

Aj
    and one
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Someone broke into our offices, busted out a ton of glass, shot one of our work trucks and tried to steal the other truck, used our American flag stand to bust windows out of that truck. Thankfully the battery was dead in that one. All this took place the night before Thanksgiving. Happy Monday morning everyone.
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    ^^^^^ That sucks... and a lot.

The sad though of loosing a four footed family member. Dad took one of his dogs hunting yesterday and she laid down. They called for hours still no word yet. She has a collar and tags but still. I am sick to my stomach...and she is Dad's dog.

Edit <--- She is found and on her way home!
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really hurts and people who don't have a dog never really understand. Glad you found her.
  • Options
    jd50ae:
    It really hurts and people who don't have a dog never really understand. Glad you found her.
    Put "found the dog" in the things I love thread! I had a dog that had to be put down about 3 years ago and I haven't wanted another one since. She was epileptic and no longer responded to meds. She got to that point slowly, but had a series of back-to-back seizures for about 3.5 hours on a Saturday. I had to hold her the whole time so she wouldn't hurt herself. That was rough. The Monday after even rougher.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my job.....

don't work with family.....
    ....especially if they have a tendency to do stupid $hit and p!ss you off.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    I haven't had a cigar in months.
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    I haven't had a cigar in months.
    Well....why not?
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    jgibv:
    my job.....

don't work with family.....
    ....especially if they have a tendency to do stupid $hit and p!ss you off.
    What about working with The Family?

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate SNOW!!!
    The more it snows, the more I work. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    My kids school couldn't decide to cancel on Friday, but they decided to dismiss early. That just ruins the day, but to make it worse, they wouldn't announce the dismissal times until after the kids were at school. They went from 8 AM to basically 11 AM (11:20, unless you ride a car/walk, then 11:05). My son said only 8 people were in his class and one got picked up early. They played games and watched movies all day. Just so the school could keep it's precious schedule intact and not have to make it up...but wait, it amounted to a lost day of instruction that they won't make up now! Idiots.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cowpunks. Hate the Cowpunks. Hope they lose tonight.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this is trivial,........ but I hate canned music at college football games. Let the bands play. Fire the DJ.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Right on! Either way, that snow game was killer!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    webmost:
    Right on! Either way, that snow game was killer!
    Cowpunks? Are those the ones with half-shaved heads and a ring in their nose?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Advertising disguised as Christmas/birthday cards. "Hey, first cards of the season...ah what the hell? SCREW YOU DIRECT TV AND CHASE!!!"
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I hate worse than snow? Freezing rain.
    Roads are like a skating rink.
    This weather is a pain.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    A Filthy RAT.

Aj
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    A Filthy RAT.

Aj
    You mean "vermin" or a person acting an a$$?
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    dr_frankenstein56:
    A Filthy RAT.

Aj
    You mean "vermin" or a person acting an a$$?
    I mean a dirty rotten SNITCH! if this were the mafia.... it would be a meeting with Charlie the Tuna.

Aj