Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Applying for jobs.
    Seriously it's the most joyless task of all time.

• Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I hear ya man, doing the same myself at this very moment.
  • Options
    Falling asleep fully clothed.
    So uncomfortable.

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A hangover... Google chat does it to me every time!
  • Options
    Looking for a place...I'm amazed everyone isn't homeless.
    Waiting lists is the name of the game.

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I hate this stupid ups smart post crap!! Just put the package on my step! Stop sending it to USPS to do it!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I hate this stupid ups smart post crap!! Just put the package on my step! Stop sending it to USPS to do it!!
    yup
  • Options
    That it's almost noon and it's 57 degrees...ugh
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    That we must all pass one day, friends and family lost to one another.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    dealing with people who cancel at the last moment and f-uck up my poker games!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    phobicsquirrel:
    I'd love to play poker with you man. Please put back the old squirrel gif... I love that thing.
  • Options
    Android still after all these years its not stable.
  • Options
    Bee stings, hundreds of bee stings.
  • Options
    james40:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I'd love to play poker with you man. Please put back the old squirrel gif... I love that thing.
    +1 Love that gif
  • Options
    My car. I will never buy a Toyota again because of this piece of sh*t.

• Options
    A family divided!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    That I live in a world where I (or anyone) gets assigned the job of running all of the people we serve at my job through sex offender databases.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    When you sleep weird but don't know it and the next morning you feel fine. Fine until you make some random movement, you hear something pop in your neck/shoulder. Then for the next 2-3 days you can't turn your head.
  • Options
    So far iOS 7. I've had it a day and so far it combines the worst of Apple and Microsoft: pretentious, over-engineered, changes to things that didn't need changing AND complicated.
  • Options
    That on the last day of my honeymoon while I'm making salmon as a grand finale of sorts the gotdamn piece of sh*t oven decides to explode.

• Options
    perkinke:
    So far iOS 7. I've had it a day and so far it combines the worst of Apple and Microsoft: pretentious, over-engineered, changes to things that didn't need changing AND complicated.
    I hear ya! The visual aspect alone is horrible...pisses me off!
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    perkinke:
    I hear ya! The visual aspect alone is horrible...pisses me off!
    Exactly, the way it goes in and out of apps screws with my eyes too. The color/design scheme reminds me of "The Incredibles," which i liked in the movie but not on my phone.
  • Options
    It's 52 and I'm already freezing outside..damn I need a shed.
  • Options
    Putting together furniture.
    How is a nightstand 47 pieces?!?!

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:

He's baa-aack...seriously, though, screw Ikea.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    stephen_hannibal:

He's baa-aack...seriously, though, screw Ikea.
    whaaaaaat? meatballs!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate new words and phrases that replace perfectly good, well defined words and phrases in our (English) language.

For example - impact - has nearly completely replaced both effect and affect in modern usage. Is it lazyiness? Because I know that figuring out whether to use effect or affect isn't the easiest thing to do but damn if they haven't worn out the new ways to use impact. It's even a adjective now. Impactful. I still can't get over the TV weather forecasters absolute LOVE and AFFECTION for all the new ways to use the word impact. "How will the fog impact your morning commute? Stay tuned for the forecast." Hell, I think the fog will just hang in the air. Now hail? That might be an impact. In fact it might even leave marks where it hits the hood of your car. THAT'S a real impact.

Other examples:

Issue – I know it's too late to put this genie back in the bottle but why can't we just call a problem a problem?

Going forward - Do you mean some sort of forward motion or did you really mean "in the future"? Then say "in the future",........please.

Own it - WTF does this mean? I still don't know what they mean with this slang but sadly, it looks like it's here to stay.

And don't bother trying to make me understand how language evolves. I know how it works.

But...............

Just because a word can be imaginated and popularfied by a cleverful person, and even if they can utilate it and everyone eventually comprehendizes it's new understandation, that still don't make it right.
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Bud Foster
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    My back. Im only 22 and im already having some issues with it.
  • Options
    That I wasn't caught up on Breaking Bad. And the show ended.