Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Delivery date Contest!! WinnerS!!!

I've slacked on this with the holidays, but here's a contest to guess when my first son will be born!! Because there very well might be more contestants than dates, as a tie breaker, also guess his weight. Closest to the weight of those who guess the correct date wins!!

A couple (maybe) relevant points: Due date is 1/8/14, this is my wife's first pregnancy, it's a boy.

EDIT: The OB just told us she will likely not let us go more than 41 weeks without induction. That deadline is the 15th (give or take when we can schedule). So if you guess the 15th or 16th you can keep your guess if you like, or change it. If you guess the 15th (many did) realize your weight might matter A LOT, so feel free to change that even if you keep your date. Please do this in a second post, don't edit your first, because I might miss that.

Also, this is when the baby is born, not when labor begins, juuuuust in case something funky happens where those aren't the same!

GOOD LUCK!!

James Royce light was born at 4 AM on 1/11/14! He weighed only 6 lbs, 7 oz. That means the date correct and closest to the weight was blutattoo! Why would I stop there though? I mean, 0Patience lost by a single oz., he wins too!

That's it? Nah. I'll go by weight as well. Closest to the weight, off by just ONE oz., was Bad Daddy Rabbit with 6 lb, 8 oz! You win too! And what the hell, Vulchor was 2nd place here, you win too!

blutattoo, 0Patience, Bad Daddy Rabbit, and Vulchor ALL of you PM me your addy's so I don't have to go hunting for them and tell me your likes/dislikes please and don't cop out there, I really want to send something you'll enjoy. Congrats and thanks to all who played!! Also, here's James:

photo image_zps0cffdd7a.jpg
^Troll: DO NOT FEED.

Comments

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    1/9 11:45 7 lb 2oz

Congrats!
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Ken Light:
    I've slacked on this with the holidays, but here's a contest to guess when my first son will be born!! Because there very well might be more contestants than dates, as a tie breaker, also guess his weight. Closest to the weight of those who guess the correct date wins!!

A couple (maybe) relevant points: Due date is 1/8/14, this is my wife's first pregnancy, it's a boy. Also, this is when the baby is born, not when labor begins, juuuuust in case something funky happens where those aren't the same!

GOOD LUCK!!
    She will go over: 9 Jan 14 - 7lbs 14oz
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    1/9 11:45 7 lb 2oz

Congrats!
    1/10, 6:66pm and 14lbs 2oz
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Surprise of the say, that was his finger...its a GIRL!
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    1/11 10lbs 2oz
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Congratulations Ken.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Ken!!
    1/14 8lbs 8oz
  • Treasure those precious moments!
    1/6, 735pm, 6 lbs. 8 ozs.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    No need for a time! Weight will be tie breaker
    New Boots:
    Surprise of the say, that was his finger...its a GIRL!
    Don't even joke. We were completely unable to come up with a girl name LOL
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats man! Best wishes too you
    Money can't buy taste
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1/12 and 8lb 11oz.

and congrats brother!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    1/11 9lb 1 oz
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    1/12 8.6 lbs
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    let's go 1/8 7.2
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Ken, I will say 1/15 and 8.4
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just been through this so prayers for a healthy son and mommy, you may be in for a long ride, and you will gain a whole new respect for women. That said, 1/15/14 and 7 lb 13 Oz. Best of luck to you and your new family. It will change your life
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1/11
    7lbs 11 oz.
    If that happens, you best buy a lottery ticket.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:

A couple (maybe) relevant points: Due date is 1/8/14, this is my wife's first pregnancy, it's a boy. Also, this is when the baby is born, not when labor begins, juuuuust in case something funky happens where those aren't the same!

GOOD LUCK!!
    I'm going to go with 1/16...first one might run late, but the doc could schedule an induction if it goes too long, so let's put it at a week later. Docs like to golf on Wednesday, so they may schedule you to come in late in the evening to get settled in and induce the next day after the nurses do all the overnight work.

And, if you run a week late, that kid could be big, so let's go with 8 lb, 8.5 oz.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and congrats!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    January 5th. 7lb 7oz- Congrats buddy
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 10th, 8lbs 2 oz!! I win!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to you and your wife Ken!! I would like to see jr. on Jan. 7th. So your son and I could share the same birthday. Selfish I know, but that's how I roll. As for weight how about 7lbs. 15 oz.
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    1/11/14 7lbs 10oz and congrats on the baby boy. I just had my first 11/24 and besides not sleeping it is absolutely amazing. It's true what they say it changes everything. Here's to good health for baby and mama.
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!
    I have 2 boys and both couldn't wait till the due date. With that said...I'll say Jan 6 and 8lbs 2oz.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats brother,best wishes for you and the wife!!and I'll guess 1/15/14 and will say 8lbs 3 ounces.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Ken, I'm going to guess 1-7-14, 8lbs 9oz.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    1-5-14......6lbs 15 oz
    Thanks for all the well-wishes guys!!! So no one at all thinks I'll get a tax break this year, eh? :D
    bumpity. I haven't set a time limit