Home Non Cigar Related

Hockey season right around the corner!!

Anyone else care?

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Shaun, these guys with the exception of Ron don't even know what hockey is LOL. Duty used to talk lots about it but it isn't a huge topic. I'm a Leafs fan however and I assume you may be a Canucks fan so hey we can't talk much either;) LMAO
  • TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    That's terrible news Doug! Are you a Leafs fan because you're originally from the Toronto area, or is because you have some sort of deficiency? :P
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    Shaun, these guys with the exception of Ron don't even know what hockey is LOL. Duty used to talk lots about it but it isn't a huge topic. I'm a Leafs fan however and I assume you may be a Canucks fan so hey we can't talk much either;) LMAO
    Umm, hi, I'm Luko, from Pittsburgh, home of the Stanley Cup Champions...watched damn near every puck drop last season. So what do you think the odds are the Pens and the Steelers will repeat?
    Who are the Steelers? And no the Pens won't repeat, but I sure am glad they won last year. One of my fav teams to watch.
    TheShaun:
    That's terrible news Doug! Are you a Leafs fan because you're originally from the Toronto area, or is because you have some sort of deficiency? :P
    BOTH actually.
    I think it may be some sort of LAW when you are born there, they gotcha for life!
    Luko:
    laker1963:
    Umm, hi, I'm Luko, from Pittsburgh, home of the Stanley Cup Champions...watched damn near every puck drop last season. So what do you think the odds are the Pens and the Steelers will repeat?
    Oh yeah, and there's Luko... but I am not talking to him until Crosby is in a Leafs uniform like god intended !
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Well, like Laker said, I too am a hockey fan and would love to talk crap to you all but don't feel that it is really my place yet with my team's showing last year.

I will still talk crap to all Red Wings fans though. (BTW, my team is the Avs)
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    C-A-P-S! CAPS! CAPS! CAPS!

I never watched hockey until just before half way through last season. My brother showed up on my doorstep unannounced (it's a 4 hour drive for him) and swept me off to DC. He got free tickets from a vendor who deals with the company he works for. The tickets were for the Capitals vs Bruins game in DC and the seats were about 4 rows up behind the goalie. I was hooked for life! I watched every game I got a chance to watch last season and followed the playoffs and Stanley Cup for the first time ever and enjoyed every second of it! I'm still learning the players names and all the teams and rivalries, but I can't believe I never got into watching this sport before! Can't wait for the season to start!

GO CAPS!
    clearlysuspect:

I never watched hockey until just before half way through last season. My brother showed up on my doorstep unannounced (it's a 4 hour drive for him) and swept me off to DC. He got free tickets from a vendor who deals with the company he works for. The tickets were for the Capitals vs Bruins game in DC and the seats were about 4 rows up behind the goalie. I was hooked for life! I watched every game I got a chance to watch last season and followed the playoffs and Stanley Cup for the first time ever and enjoyed every second of it! I'm still learning the players names and all the teams and rivalries, but I can't believe I never got into watching this sport before! Can't wait for the season to start!

GO CAPS!
    Ovechkin! Love watching that guy play. I would pick him over that sissy, Crosby any day.
    TheShaun:
    clearlysuspect:

GO CAPS!
    Ovechkin! Love watching that guy play. I would pick him over that sissy, Crosby any day.
    Hey now don't go there...
    I would love to have Ovechkin in a Leafs uniform too. And don't mistake classy for ***, they are not the same at all.
    What's that? You said Sissy, not ***. Ok I agree then :)
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I've recently started getting into hockey. I'm a Stars fan. I always liked them, but now I can truly say I'm a fan. I went to a game and was pretty much hooked. I have the Versus channel now, so can finally see some more teams play. Speaking of hockey, if any of you play fantasy, I'm trying to start a league. We haven't opened it yet, because we're trying to get interest, but there's three spots open. If you're interested, let me know.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's hockey? :)
    laker1963:
    TheShaun:
    clearlysuspect:

GO CAPS!
    I would love to have Ovechkin in a Leafs uniform too. And don't mistake classy for ***, they are not the same at all.
    Crosby goes to work and does his job with a broken foot, i'll bet you two stay home from work if you have a sore throat...sissies!
    Luko:
    laker1963:
    TheShaun:
    clearlysuspect:

GO CAPS!
    Crosby goes to work and does his job with a broken foot, i'll bet you two stay home from work if you have a sore throat...sissies!
    Well, I see where you are going here Luko... however. I am self employedd and haven't missed a day of work in over 20 years. I've never figured out who exactly I would phone in sick to :)
    laker1963:
    Luko:
    laker1963:
    TheShaun:
    clearlysuspect:

GO CAPS!
    Well, I see where you are going here Luko... however. I am self employedd and haven't missed a day of work in over 20 years. I've never figured out who exactly I would phone in sick to :)
    Well then you're like the Sidney Crosby of whatever it is you do - tough as nails.
    It might have been true that I would have called out sick for a sore throat ten years ago, but the military beat the idea of calling out sick out of me. I haven't called out since!
    Luko:
    How dare you!!!!
    I go to work hung over all the time :)
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    TheShaun:
    Luko:
    How dare you!!!!

I've even been known to get started on a good hangover at work ...of course I was the boss ...I'm just sayin ...
    gmill880:
    TheShaun:
    Luko:
    How dare you!!!!

I've even been known to get started on a good hangover at work ...of course I was the boss ...I'm just sayin ...
    :O
    Haven't gone to a live game in ages, and now I've wound up with some free pre-season tickets to next weeks exhibition game, Canucks vs Sharks. Likely my first and only game of the season.
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭

rdnstn:
    Well, like Laker said, I too am a hockey fan and would love to talk crap to you all but don't feel that it is really my place yet with my team's showing last year.

Hey hey hey, hey. don't be hatin on the Avs. We got third overall pick last draft. : ) gotta have some kinda bright light at the end of that long @ss tunnel.

• rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Thewelder:

rdnstn:

Hey hey hey, hey. don't be hatin on the Avs. We got third overall pick last draft. : ) gotta have some kinda bright light at the end of that long @ss tunnel.

I wasn't hatin' on the Avs. That's my team. I love em no matter how they do and probably always will. I was just sayin that I'm not really in a position to talk any s**t after last season.
    Went to the Canucks vs Sharks game last night. It was a super sleeper...... until the 3rd period. Canucks score 3 to take a 3-2 lead. Sharks tie it up with just few minutes to go. off to OT where nobody scores. Then a sweet shootout where the Canucks scored two of the sweetest goals you'll ever see. Youtube them if you have to. CANUCKS WIN!
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    The season starts on Oct. 1st, correct? Man I can't wait. I'm gonna try to hit up a Stars game the first week. What do you guys think of Dave Tippett coaching the Coyotes now? I think it's a huge upgrade for them behind the bench. He did some good things here in Dallas, and hopefully he can steer the team in a better direction than they're going.
    rdnstn:
    Thewelder:

rdnstn:

I wasn't hatin' on the Avs. That's my team. I love em no matter how they do and probably always will. I was just sayin that I'm not really in a position to talk any s**t after last season.
    How do you guys feel about the Great One resigning from his coaching position. I guess great players don't always make great coaches.
  • TheShaun:
    Anyone else care?
    *raises hand*

I've been a Capitals fan since the Hunter/Tinordi/Langway days.
    jlzimmerman:
    TheShaun:
    Anyone else care?
    *raises hand*

I've been a Capitals fan since the Hunter/Tinordi/Langway days.
    Mike Liut?
    I grew up a football and baseball fan, but I've since pretty much given up on baseball. I started getting into hockey a little bit in the 90s and now I love it (doesn't hurt that the Pens won the Cup). But in general, it's an awesome sport (especially to watch in person)...best spectator sport ever.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Lets go SABRES ...... too bad my teams whole salary is what Alex the Great & Sid The Kid make alone .......... its just pathetic that they arent willing to commit long term to players and wont pay more than 5 mil a season ....... although they did get the shaft on the Vanek deal when Edmonton threw sick money at him and the sabres where forced to give hime 9 a season ....... all thoughb we do have a lot of young talent coming up ....... I just love to watch exciting games ....
    kingjk729:
    Lets go SABRES ...... too bad my teams whole salary is what Alex the Great & Sid The Kid make alone .......... its just pathetic that they arent willing to commit long term to players and wont pay more than 5 mil a season ....... although they did get the shaft on the Vanek deal when Edmonton threw sick money at him and the sabres where forced to give hime 9 a season ....... all thoughb we do have a lot of young talent coming up ....... I just love to watch exciting games ....
    OK, so now with the pre-season well underway. I have had a couple of looks at my Leafs and I can confidently say, we will definately make the playoffs !!!

That might not sound like a very lofty goal, I know, but it the Maple Leafs !
    Been a fan for so long now, that when hockey season rolls around each year... I get this dull throbbing ache in my heart region, LOL. It last's until a month or so after the Stanley Cup is awarded. Month or two later, and it's right back again :)
    I don't even ask when the season starts anymore... just wait for the pain, LMAO