Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Counterfeit Cigar Received

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
I have discussed this with the person already, and not trying to jump to any conclusions or anything of the sort...but did want to put this out there.I received my end of a PIF game with member, BIGJ51, and got my sticks in the mail. After taking time to put them in the humi I realized one seemed odd to me. Long story short...The Rocky Patel Decade Torpedo was a fake. It was a very light, almost Connecticut wrapper and poorly constructed for a Rocky. The smell was distinctly incorrect, and I took it to my local B&M where there owner was in total agreement. In additon, the band on the cigar was similar in look, but not in color. BigJ51 stated he got this as part of a sampler from CCOM and it had never been in sunlight, ect. to fade the band. I do not know what is or isnt going on here or who to say would be at fault, but I just wanted to put it out there for people to be aware. P.S. I do not have pictures of the cigar, I should have taken them but I did not.

Comments

• Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    So did you smoke it then? You can't take photos now? That's very interesting. I'd be interested in finding where it came from...
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I did smoke a bit of it, just to try...and it was average and I put it out way early, but not at all a Decade in taste, appearance, anything. I would too Ren, very odd indeed.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    BigJ51 stated he got this as part of a sampler from CCOM
    I dont think cigar.com would send out a fake cigar.

im not sayin its real, or that BigJ is not telling the truth, but there may have been some confusion as to the origin of the cigar.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about that counterfeit stick. Hope you don't find anymore!

"Long ashes my friends."

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I did find that I have had inconsistencies with the Decades. I have received three shipments of the Decades from C.COM and There are about two or three that are NOTICEABLY lighter in color and I immediately thought FAKE too...

But I don't like to spend the money on Decades and have never bought them anywhere else but Cigar.com. I did receive all of my sticks in a sampler (COTMC, Troops, Etc) so I think it's Rocky's problem, not Cigar.com's

Here's a crappy cell phone pic, notice the one in the middle is a light brown, not a dark chocolate brown like the others, and the other one that is lighter as well
    Photobucket

Either way sucks, but I'd say it's a real deal, if you smoke it and it's 100% NOT real, then please let me know so I can call Cigar.com and see what they have to say
    Mmmm... I see a lot of yummy decades there, Lassy... You can send the lighter-colored ones to me ;)!
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol Ren-----I agree something should be asked, or at least come sort of clarification. The Decade I recvd was lighter that the one you even posted the pic of on here my man. The Decade was roughly the same color as the Natural Wrapper Red Dot Cohibas (2) I recvd as a part of the same PIF.....Which is a light colored cigar as you know.Those two Cohibas, the band was VERY loosely pressed on the cigar and the lightest touch caused the band to fall off. I hate to add any other fuel or speculation to any fire, but after knowing for certain the Decade was fake...for the bands on the Cohibas to be so poorly pressed or held together has also made me rather curious.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Vulchor:
    Lol Ren-----I agree something should be asked, or at least come sort of clarification. The Decade I recvd was lighter that the one you even posted the pic of on here my man. The Decade was roughly the same color as the Natural Wrapper Red Dot Cohibas (2) I recvd as a part of the same PIF.....Which is a light colored cigar as you know.Those two Cohibas, the band was VERY loosely pressed on the cigar and the lightest touch caused the band to fall off. I hate to add any other fuel or speculation to any fire, but after knowing for certain the Decade was fake...for the bands on the Cohibas to be so poorly pressed or held together has also made me rather curious.
    These sticks may have been poorly stored some time in their past lives as well. Perhaps that could explain the bands coming off (apart) so easily. Just a thought.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    laker1963:
    Vulchor:
    These sticks may have been poorly stored some time in their past lives as well. Perhaps that could explain the bands coming off (apart) so easily. Just a thought.

I think its a conspiracy and a government cover up !!! Damn Obama ...planting fake cigars right in our midst ...Seriously thats a shame the Decade is one fine cigar IMHO ...
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    Vulchor:

I think its a conspiracy and a government cover up !!! Damn Obama ...planting fake cigars right in our midst ...Seriously thats a shame the Decade is one fine cigar IMHO ...
    gmil... quit being a racist. you are only saying its Obama's fault because you are white and he is black.
    kuzi16:
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    Vulchor:

gmil... quit being a racist. you are only saying its Obama's fault because you are white and he is black.
    Ooooooh Gene... Just like my counterfeit Decades "You got SMOKED!!!"
    Lasabar:
    kuzi16:
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    Vulchor:

Come one now! He is simply a President...
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    Vulchor:
    Lol Ren-----I agree something should be asked, or at least come sort of clarification. The Decade I recvd was lighter that the one you even posted the pic of on here my man. The Decade was roughly the same color as the Natural Wrapper Red Dot Cohibas (2) I recvd as a part of the same PIF.....Which is a light colored cigar as you know.

Those two Cohibas, the band was VERY loosely pressed on the cigar and the lightest touch caused the band to fall off. I hate to add any other fuel or speculation to any fire, but after knowing for certain the Decade was fake...for the bands on the Cohibas to be so poorly pressed or held together has also made me rather curious.

Well if your gonna pull that card, he is only being mad at the white half. Damn white half Obama....planting fake cigars right in our midst

Thewelder:
    kuzi16:
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    Vulchor:
    Lol Ren-----I agree something should be asked, or at least come sort of clarification. The Decade I recvd was lighter that the one you even posted the pic of on here my man. The Decade was roughly the same color as the Natural Wrapper Red Dot Cohibas (2) I recvd as a part of the same PIF.....Which is a light colored cigar as you know.

Those two Cohibas, the band was VERY loosely pressed on the cigar and the lightest touch caused the band to fall off. I hate to add any other fuel or speculation to any fire, but after knowing for certain the Decade was fake...for the bands on the Cohibas to be so poorly pressed or held together has also made me rather curious.

Well if your gonna pull that card, he is only being mad at the white half. Damn white half Obama....planting fake cigars right in our midst

And besides that how do you know I'm white? I've never posted a picture on here . I might be a big 'ol 300 lb Samoyan(sp), ohhhh I see ...I type white ...now thats racist Kuzi LOL !!!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Hey, how in the he l l did a conversation about fakes and counterfeits get to obama? .... Oh, wait....never mind...dumb question
    gmill880:

And besides that how do you know I'm white? I've never posted a picture on here . I might be a big 'ol 300 lb Samoyan(sp), ohhhh I see ...I type white ...now thats racist Kuzi LOL !!!
    ever hear of "gay-dar"

yeah.... i have "white-dar"

kuzi16:
    ever hear of "gay-dar"
    Yeah... it means "backpiper" in Bulgarian... A man who plays the backpipe...
    cabinetmaker:
    Hey, how in the he l l did a conversation about fakes and counterfeits get to obama? .... Oh, wait....never mind...dumb question
    Really, what kind of question is that!?
    Even as a Canadian I have figured out that history is being re-written as we speak and that George W. was / is, NOT responsible for anything that happened to the economy of the US while Obama is / will be, responsible for EVERYTHING negative that has / is / or will happen to that same economy.
    Oh and Wall Street had nothing to do with any of it, nor did poor busines decisions made by ultra rich CEO's and board members of so many different company's.
    Is there a possibility that Obama himself is a counterfeit?
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:
    Even as a Canadian I have figured out that history is being re-written as we speak and that George W. was / is, NOT responsible for anything that happened to the economy of the US while Obama is / will be, responsible for EVERYTHING negative that has / is / or will happen to that same economy.
    Oh and Wall Street had nothing to do with any of it, nor did poor busines decisions made by ultra rich CEO's and board members of so many different company's.
    You are correct! He is a counterfeit! He is actually a 3 foot tall asian midget. Damn, and it took someone from Canadia to figure it out! haha
    PuroFreak:
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:
    You are correct! He is a counterfeit! He is actually a 3 foot tall asian midget. Damn, and it took someone from Canadia to figure it out! haha
    I sure hope Laker does have a good sense of humor :)! Way too many Canadian jokes recently...
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    PuroFreak:
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:
    I sure hope Laker does have a good sense of humor :)! Way too many Canadian jokes recently...
    He knows I don't mean anything by it. He is the best Canadian I know... Of course he may be the only Canadian I know... Hmmm... lol
    PuroFreak:
    Renaissance_Man:
    PuroFreak:
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:
    He knows I don't mean anything by it. He is the best Canadian I know... Of course he may be the only Canadian I know... Hmmm... lol
    We Canadians have a thick skin. (it's all the cold weather in the winter) I know it's all in good fun.
    On a more serious note however, there seems to be a real ugly combination of Zelous beliefs, and racial overtones seeping into the whole Healthcare debate.
    Too bad people can't / won't hold discussions on such important matters without allowing these types of distortions. The Conservatives in this world believe that winning at ANY cost is acceptable. That is as long as they are NOT in power. Once they gain control of power... everyone is supposed to act properly and behaviour such as their's is no longer "acceptable".
    It's the old... "do as I say, not as I do scenario.
    I think that watching some of the folks I have seen on TV, they would rather destroy the whole country rather then give an inch of ground on this issue.

PuroFreak:
    Renaissance_Man:
    PuroFreak:
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:

Speaking of him being Canadian. Is it true you guys are afraid of the dark?

Thewelder:

PuroFreak:
    Renaissance_Man:
    PuroFreak:
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:

No we are not afraid of the dark. But little fuzzy bunnies scare the **** out of us.
    Maybe you can help me out here with a question I have wanted answered for a long time?

Is it true that Welders like to smell other peoples farts?
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    The thing about healthcare, and really just about any political debate, is that belief and the 'personal' ethic code of individuals involved in the debate will always color the argument. It doesn't matter if you are conservative or liberal, we're all guilty of pushing our own agendas.
    laker1963:
    Thewelder:

PuroFreak:
    Renaissance_Man:
    PuroFreak:
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:

No we are not afraid of the dark. But little fuzzy bunnies scare the **** out of us.
    Maybe you can help me out here with a question I have wanted answered for a long time?

Is it true that Welders like to smell other peoples farts?

Nope just our own. We can be pretty smug. LOL. the only reason I brought that up is because of the show How I Met Your Mother. One of the characters Robin is from Canada, and one of the other characters from Minnesota is always making fun of her. He brings up the fact that all Canadians are afraid of the dark. It's kind of a running joke

That is a funny show.
    I loved the show where Robin keeps losing her gun.
    While it's pretty quirky... I also like Scrubs.
    Lasabar:
    kuzi16:
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    Vulchor:

Didn't even leave a mark ...take more than that to smoke me ...repelled it with my Miller Lite Shield ...hehhehheh ...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    ... well the subject now looks correct.
    I did hear that all Canadians are cheap...

"What's the difference between a Canoe and Canuck???"

"A Canoe can TIP"

I don't know if that's true.... but funny