Home Non Cigar Related

Race tracks

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
If you could race on any 3 which ones would you race on?

Nürburgring
Laguna Seca
VW Test track

The first two all the way... The VW Test track is kinda a novelty to me... just for kicks.
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    The strip in Las Vegas
    Texas Motorplex
    Pomona Raceway
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    The strip in Las Vegas
    Texas Motorplex
    Pomona Raceway

would i be right to assume you prefer the drag more than a circuit track?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The boxing glove in Pole Position. "prepare to qualify"
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    The boxing glove in Pole Position. "prepare to qualify"
    rotfl good one.
    Road Atlanta
    The Ring
    Lemans
    I've never driven these, but my current favorite is Sonoma aka Infineon aka Sears Point. I like it better than Laguna even.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    In no particular order:

Nurburgring
    Circuit de Monaco
    Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans)
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VW test track or Pomona.
    Ehra-Lessien has a 5 mile straight stretch, so all out would be awesome.
    But as an old Hot rodder, Pomona has other appeals.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    firetruckguy:
    The strip in Las Vegas
    Texas Motorplex
    Pomona Raceway

Isn't that the only racing?? ;)
    firetruckguy:
    LiquidChaos66:
    firetruckguy:
    The strip in Las Vegas
    Texas Motorplex
    Pomona Raceway

Weeeeeeellllllllll.... I dunno. I do enjoy drag racing... But I so love hitting corners hard and fast. Guess it all depends on the car I get to drive. :)

All the tracks on here are awesome choices! I'm thinking I might try to score a trip down to Laguna Seca some time when they have an open track day. Maybe rent a mustang and take it through a couple times.
    firetruckguy:
    LiquidChaos66:
    firetruckguy:
    The strip in Las Vegas
    Texas Motorplex
    Pomona Raceway

Real racers drive "straight" to the finish line.
    All the rest drive around looking for it.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    firetruckguy:
    LiquidChaos66:
    firetruckguy:
    The strip in Las Vegas
    Texas Motorplex
    Pomona Raceway

Bwahaha anyone can go fast in a straight line. All you to do is hit the go fast pedal and hold on for ten seconds lol. If they want to make drag racing more difficult they outta make you swerve around objects at least. Throw some flaming tires across the track during the pass that'd be way cooler. I'd do that!
    LiquidChaos66:
    firetruckguy:
    LiquidChaos66:
    firetruckguy:
    The strip in Las Vegas
    Texas Motorplex
    Pomona Raceway

Weeeeeeellllllllll.... I dunno. I do enjoy drag racing... But I so love hitting corners hard and fast. Guess it all depends on the car I get to drive. :)

All the tracks on here are awesome choices! I'm thinking I might try to score a trip down to Laguna Seca some time when they have an open track day. Maybe rent a mustang and take it through a couple times.
    Well if we can find a weekend event that I can get to I might be able to let you lap my 135 or my e36. Usually the week they have all the pebble beach hoopla they have a few days of open track with various groups. That's a good as time as any. Plus they have all the collector car auctions going on at the same time. It's like a week of car madness. Oh and I've rented a Mustang GT from Hertz and took it to the track. It was fun, but the stock brakes will be gone in half a day at Laguna. They have some local places that rent Spec Miatas with track support I can try to see what the cost would be if you want. Just let me know.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I used to work at Mid-Ohio. Not sure if anyone knows of the place, but it's a great track. If I remember right, 2.3 mile road course.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Aww hell nah it takes more then just some driver to drag race.... turn a mid 8 and you will think entirely differently. Plus.... real racing is grabbing gears street light to street light!

Aj
    blutattoo:
    LiquidChaos66:
    firetruckguy:
    LiquidChaos66:
    firetruckguy:
    The strip in Las Vegas
    Texas Motorplex
    Pomona Raceway

Well if we can find a weekend event that I can get to I might be able to let you lap my 135 or my e36. Usually the week they have all the pebble beach hoopla they have a few days of open track with various groups. That's a good as time as any. Plus they have all the collector car auctions going on at the same time. It's like a week of car madness. Oh and I've rented a Mustang GT from Hertz and took it to the track. It was fun, but the stock brakes will be gone in half a day at Laguna. They have some local places that rent Spec Miatas with track support I can try to see what the cost would be if you want. Just let me know.

that would e pretty sweet!
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Aww hell nah it takes more then just some driver to drag race.... turn a mid 8 and you will think entirely differently. Plus.... real racing is grabbing gears street light to street light!

Aj
    I agree sub 10 second cars are hard to get down the track with any consistency, but average joes do it all the time. Average joes aren't running around road courses with identical times as the pros. As for street racing I would neeever do that, nope not me.
    blutattoo:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    I agree sub 10 second cars are hard to get down the track with any consistency, but average joes do it all the time. Average joes aren't running around road courses with identical times as the pros. As for street racing I would neeever do that, nope not me.
    That all depends. If we're talking bracket racing, then yes. I would agree to that statement.
    There is a big difference between bracket racing and heads up racing.
    Anyone can build a 10 second car. Yes.
    But getting that 10 second car to be faster than the guy next to you? A bit harder.
    And power up a car that is heavily modified and getting it to go straight is far more difficult than people believe.
    If you've ever hit the wall halfway down the strip, you know what I'm talking about.
    It'll get away from you in a hurry and recovery isn't that easy, especially if you are trying to feather the front end back down, while still trying to put power to it.
    And when to are too far up, cause you jumped on it too hard and about the time you give up wrangling it in and try to back out of it, the front end contacts and shoots the car sideways into the wall, you forgot about trying to win the race. Now you are into survival mode.
    Then the thought flashes through your mind, "Ah crap, this is gonna hurt."
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Walls schmalls. That's why they make roll cages lol. Just gotta have brass ones I suppose. I'm not getting in a top fuel car that's for sure. I've driven my buddies 700hp camaro though and that thing is surprisingly easy to get down the track. Just put it in drive and go. No throttle modulation that thing just hooks up. The hardest part is the burnout lol. I'd like to try something that freakin wheelies that'd be awesome, but I'm sick like that.