Home General Discussion

Foundry Feedback?

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Stopped at the local B&M today and saw this stick. Made an impulse purchase, cuz I got sucked in by the fancy marketing. Pretty cool looking cigar. Looked it up on the interwebs and see that it's a new stick by a new company that uses non-traditional fillers from undisclosed countries to create unique blends.

Also searched the CCOM forum history and found a thread where everyone was discussing how cool the gear band is, but no one seemed to have ever lit one of these babies up.

Anybody actually smoked one yet? What did you think? Did I get seduced by flashy packaging?

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rating and reviews??.....never had one myself.
  • i also just bought one, have seen some reviews on youtube that have been mostly positive.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Hmmmmmm
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Hmmmmmm
    Stop
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Bigshizza:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Hmmmmmm
    Stop
    Hmmmm.. Never...
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I have now smoked 3 of the foundry's and enjoyed them all not super complex good amounts of smoke and medium bodied.... I'd rate it a 7/10
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm.... looks interesting. Can't blame ya for falling for the band. I would too. Reminds of that Macanudo wedding band they throw on their vintages. I'll have to go look for one now.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really cool boxes too. Would look nice in a display cabinet. Haven't seen any local yet. Have to get my hands on some to try.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    thehilk has had some foundry stuff.....i think he even has the humidor that the cog works with
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I had 2 so far and they are a good stick, nothing over the top special but a good consistent flavor. My B&M has almost all of the foundry line as well as the elements line(H,2,0, carbon, plutonium, uranium etc...) Suprisingly it is one of the more affordable sticks in the humidor
  • ill second this. just finished one, its has pretty good flavor which changed a little bit. burns pretty fast but was fairly cool. went well with coffee.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks fellas! Looking forward to trying it now. May let it age a bit first. I'll post a review after I smoke it.

Shizz... always glad to help a brotha identify a need. ;^)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    I had 2 so far and they are a good stick, nothing over the top special but a good consistent flavor. My B&M has almost all of the foundry line as well as the elements line(H,2,0, carbon, plutonium, uranium etc...) Suprisingly it is one of the more affordable sticks in the humidor
    Do they carry the vanadium?
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    twistedstem:
    Jetmech_63:
    Caaaant remember if i saw that one, i'll check on my way home for ya!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    twistedstem:
    Jetmech_63:
    Caaaant remember if i saw that one, i'll check on my way home for ya!
    Cool,only if if its no trouble for you.they don't carry them at mine.all they carry sre the the uranium and carbonium.
    no matter where you go, there you are.