Home Cigar 101

Well.. Got my first cooler!

EoLEoL Posts: 182
image I know this looks exactly like a previously posted thread. So I apologize on that. But for the next couple of days I'll be prepping my cooler (maybe doing some small designs on it for fun lol) and figured I would start a thread.
I went for a decent size one. Plenty of room to grow!

Comments

• New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Hard to tell, is the that CAO Soprano's stick?

I was so very anti-cooler until I got mine. Easy to set up, easy to maintain!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Jacob....take the training wheels off and get a 300qt cooler!!!That one is fine for now, though.
  • EoLEoL Posts: 182
    New Boots:
    Hard to tell, is the that CAO Soprano's stick?

I was so very anti-cooler until I got mine. Easy to set up, easy to maintain!

it is indeed!!

Rain:
    Jacob....take the training wheels off and get a 300qt cooler!!!That one is fine for now, though.
    hahahah xD if I wasn't moving in a couple months I would have! XD
    I still have 1 of those sticks. I dont smoke it, because I only have 1.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Duly noted.
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    Bob Luken:
    New Boots:
    Duly noted.
    There he goes again, not thinking before posting.

There have been so many times I have started a comment or post and deleted it because it could be taken as an opportunity to bomb me. You have to watch your mouth around here.
    New Boots:
    in the same boat haha
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!! I suggest you start on a second cooler
    Money can't buy taste
    Lee.mcglynn:
    hopefully won’t have to quite yet hahhaha
    EoL:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I bet you never thought you'd need the first one ;)
    Money can't buy taste
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Pssh...i use that as a herfador! LOL seriously though good investment, lloks like you need help filling it :)
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Pssh...i use that as a herfador! LOL seriously though good investment, lloks like you need help filling it :)
    I knew it was comin' surprised it took this long!
    Lee.mcglynn:
    EoL:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I bet you never thought you'd need the first one ;)
    didn’t think i needed one so big….

Jetmech_63:
    ummm………. I think either way there is no way to say anything. so………. Hi lol
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    EoL:
    image I know this looks exactly like a previously posted thread. So I apologize on that. But for the next couple of days I'll be prepping my cooler (maybe doing some small designs on it for fun lol) and figured I would start a thread.
    I went for a decent size one. Plenty of room to grow!
    Awesome bro good luck!!!
    just a small little update. Got it cleaned off and currently resting over night with cleaner and water in it. Will dump in the morning and leave in the sun for about 8 hours. Then pulling it in and either putting baking soda in a bowl and placing inside and closing, or newspaper to soak up any smell. then will check back in the morning to check for smells!
    EoL:
    just a small little update. Got it cleaned off and currently resting over night with cleaner and water in it. Will dump in the morning and leave in the sun for about 8 hours. Then pulling it in and either putting baking soda in a bowl and placing inside and closing, or newspaper to soak up any smell. then will check back in the morning to check for smells!
    I wouldn't leave it overnight with "cleaner" sitting in there. And my concern may be unfounded but I would worry a bit that the cleaner might infuse it's odor into the plastic. I may be wrong about that but if it were mine I'd go ahead and rinse it out with warm/hot water and get all that cleaner rinsed out now and start letting it air dry overnight. Then tomorrow go ahead with the other preparations you mentioned. Just my 2 cents.
    Bob Luken:
    EoL:
    I wouldn't leave it overnight with "cleaner" sitting in there. And my concern may be unfounded but I would worry a bit that the cleaner might infuse it's odor into the plastic. I may be wrong about that but if it were mine I'd go ahead and rinse it out with warm/hot water and get all that cleaner rinsed out now and start letting it air dry overnight. Then tomorrow go ahead with the other preparations you mentioned. Just my 2 cents.
    Very valid concern... I may do that actually... thanks for the advice (hence why i posted this)
    EoL:
    Bob Luken:
    EoL:
    Very valid concern... I may do that actually... thanks for the advice (hence why i posted this)
    I followes Bobs advise on mine...not a hint of plastic smell
    New Boots:
    EoL:
    Bob Luken:
    EoL:
    I followes Bobs advise on mine...not a hint of plastic smell
    went with this advice. Airing out now! Goodnight y'all.
    image Small update Just trying to get the beads to soak up some water and letting the couple of boxes I'm ganna use for storage get up to par.
    maybe someone can help me out. My cooler wont drop below 80 on the hygrometer (it reads 3 high. lol) I have tried everything that I have read up on to lower the humidity. Any suggestions??
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    14-ish lbs of kitty litter did it for me.
    Rain:
    14-ish lbs of kitty litter did it for me.
    thats... a lot of kitty litter. lol. so, just put it in there to suck out some humidity? hahah
    What do you have in it?
    Money can't buy taste
    How long has it been reading 80? And what is the humidity of the room? How full is your cooler?
    Bob Luken:
    How long has it been reading 80? And what is the humidity of the room? How full is your cooler?
    its been reading 80 for about 12+ hours. I have been trying to get it lower before I put all my cigars in. I have some silica beads in there currently. Tempted to try boveda packs. Honestly, everywhere down here is majorly humid. Thats florida. hahah xD
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my first kl experiment myself, but I read a thread on another forum about someone using kl in Florida. The poster had a similar issue and would put the kl in the oven to reduce the rh before putting it in the humi. I found the thread searching for someone using the ambient wireless hygrometer, which this guy was. Search on that and u should find it. Pretty detailed
  • That's small cooler but looking nice.. IS it cigar cooler...
    You can get some Kitty Litter (Test the RH in a closed container) and add it straight to the cooler or bake it if needed. (Google that.) KL is cheap and you can experiment with it, toss it aside, and you still got 7 more pounds to play with.
  • Nice cooler, wish you to be full of all kind of cigars. I am still deciding whether to buy myself one or not.