Home Cigar 101

Mike Ditka Kickoff Series

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Anyone else see these?Just noticed them here on CCom.

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the HOF coffins in robusto. Haven't tried them yet though..
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I picked up some HOF and Coach, but also haven't tried one yet. I have to finish smoking 50 gifted cigars before I will smoke something I personally bought for myself. So it will be a couple months.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Too bad they don't make a Tony Romo line...I could get them for cheap.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Yeah but then they would just get intercepted by EVERYONE
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Rain:
    Yeah but then they would just get intercepted by EVERYONE
    ^^^Very nice!
    Can I get a mod to close this thread down??Too much hatorade!
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Well i do gotta give you props for being a ND fan...ya dig?
    smoke em if you got em:
    Rain:
    Well i do gotta give you props for being a ND fan...ya dig?
    Oh f***, I forgot to take that off after the BCS National Championship game!
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone carry them online, cause my B&M's don't carry them. I understand u can't put it out there, so if anyone knows just pm me where to get some. Thanks
    Glock1975:
    Anyone carry them online, cause my B&M's don't carry them. I understand u can't put it out there, so if anyone knows just pm me where to get some. Thanks
    Bro, they sell em through CCom.
    Oh, did not know that. Thanks bro. It never showed them selling them when I googled it. Guess I just thought they didn't and didn't look for myself. Good looking out.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    Oh, did not know that. Thanks bro. It never showed them selling them when I googled it. Guess I just thought they didn't and didn't look for myself. Good looking out.
    Don't forget, you have one coming from me...
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    SleevePlz:
    Glock1975:
    Don't forget, you have one coming from me...
    My man Tony, u don't owe me anything.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Glock1975:
    Bro, they sell em through CCom.
    Good eye, Rain. Looks like they have all 3 lines now too...

Don't know the names, but got one of the red coffins and black coffins from the B&M. Hope to smoke at least one of them later this week.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

FWIW --- just smoked 5x50 hall of famer (the one in the black coffin). I was impressed....will be picking up a couple more,,, might even think about a box.
    definitely recommend trying 1 if you get the chance.

• Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Rain. Pm to you.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    FWIW --- just smoked 5x50 hall of famer (the one in the black coffin). I was impressed....will be picking up a couple more,,, might even think about a box.
    definitely recommend trying 1 if you get the chance.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I have a local B&M/Liquor Store that carries them. I thought about picking up one the last time I was there, but, I had never heard of them so I stayed away. The next time I go there I will pick up 1 or 2. Thanks again!
    Camacho Adding Ditka ‘Throwback’
    http://www.halfwheel.com/news-camacho-adding-ditka-throwback/

WANT!!!!

• FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Hello to all, this is my first post and hope I don’t break any rules (didn’t find a rule guide for n00b’s) and I also don’t want to offend anyone here.

Would anyone be interested in taking a chance and making a trade with a new guy to your forum? That is if you still have some of these stashed away for a rainy day or have been waiting for just the right deal to come along

I am a very big fan of the Throwbacks and am dying to try the KickOff series. I got into the Camacho’s a little late and missed my chance and everyone is all sold out of all the Kickoff’s
    I want to try at least all three (Player, Coach and HOF, any size is fine) but interested in any that you might still have.

What I have to trade:
    Ditka Throwback’s
    Ditka 89
    Camacho 10 Year Anniversary limited edition 60/6

I am also willing to go buy whatever it is you prefer or send the green U.S. currency in the form of a check or Paypal.

Me being the new guy, if someone else vouches for you, I have no problem sending my trades to you first and you send yours after.

Thanks and let me know if interested,

Robert
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Robert, I do not have any of the cigars you seek, but wanted to welcome you to the forum.. There may be someone here that can help you. I hope to see you around even if this particular deal doesn't work out. I will check around to see if I can locate some of these. By the way, are you a Bears fan ?
    Thanks Kaspera79!

I have every intention to stick around to learn and contribute if I can in any way. I will probably not be an avid poster and my post count will be a very slow climber but I will continue reading a lot of what is said around here.

As a matter of fact I am a HUGE Bears fan! Such a big Bears fan that my 16 month old twin boys are named Walter and Halas after Walter Payton and George Halas, and my two and a half year old little girl knows all the words to the Bears fight song. Being a Bears fan was the reason I tired the Ditka cigars in the first place but really became a fan of the Throwback cigar for the cigar itself. I have five boxes of the Throwbacks and one of the 89’s in my humidor. The 89 is good but I really prefer the Throwback.

I figured it would be a long shot just finding someone who still has any of the Kickoff’s and is willing to trade with a n00b and even harder to find someone willing to part with them.

Thanks again,
    Robert
    After spending all afternoon reading hear I think I have figured out what a “bomb” is and that yall like to surprise your buddies and new guys with a welcome package. Am I on the right track here? If I have misunderstood the actual definition of a “Bomb” please explain it to me and how it works. (for example, how do you get the address to send it to, without the receiver not knowing what is coming?) I may be making a fool of myself, assuming cause in one post one guy said he got a welcome to the forum package, that yall like to do this often for other new guys.

I just want to make something clear.

I am not looking for freebies in any way shape or form. Just a guy who really wants to try three specific cigars and is willing to work out a deal to do so.

Also, If no one has these cigars but still has the band and an empty coffin that they came in just laying around, I am interested in that as well. I have an idea for a display/collection I want to make and it involves collecting all the different types from the Ditka series.

kaapera, you might notice I added a Bears pic to my avatar. Figured it was as good as any pic
    OK help the Newb out... What happened to the spaces between my paragraphs and how come it got all bunched together??
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    OK help the Newb out... What happened to the spaces between my paragraphs and how come it got all bunched together??
    you have to use html coding to add the line breaks, welcome to the forum, what you looking to try rob?
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    I've had the Throwback... good smoke.
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    welcome to the forum, what you looking to try rob?
    Thanks for the tip, on my phone now but when I get on a Computor I'll try again to fix it.

Want to try any and all of the Camacho Ditka Kickoff series. Above in my previous post I have listed what I have to trade and willing to get what ever you like or pay for them as well.

Thanks for the friendly welcome
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    welcome to the forum, what you looking to try rob?
    Thanks for the tip, on my phone now but when I get on a Computor I'll try again to fix it. Want to try any and all of the Camacho Ditka Kickoff series. Above in my previous post I have listed what I have to trade and willing to get what ever you like or pay for them as well. Thanks for the friendly welcome
    well i dont have any of the camacho lines, anything else your wanting to try?
    FireRob:
    I am a very big fan of the Throwbacks and am dying to try the KickOff series. I got into the Camacho’s a little late and missed my chance and everyone is all sold out of all the Kickoff’s I want to try at least all three (Player, Coach and HOF, any size is fine) but interested in any that you might still have.
    Good luck finding these Robert. I haven't seen them in quite a while.
    The couple I smoked were good, wish I had bought more...

It's a long shot .... but you could try emailing or calling one of the sales reps at cigar.com and asking them. They may have a couple singles "hiding" somewhere in the warehouse even though they're not listed on the website.

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    The coach is one of the best new blends by camacho/davidoff!! It's htf and I have a few maybe I might part with one...what else do you look for?
    Money can't buy taste
    Lee, you tell me what it would take (that I can find online just in case my B&M don't carry it) and I'll send it to you and you will have a best friend for life!!

The Kickoff's are really the only ones I have ever thought of to scour the earth for, just for the sake of trying one. I generally say I like the maduro's and spicy cigars and ones that have a obvious flavor change hidden in there. I am still figuring out my likes and trying different stuff regularly. If you have a suggestion I am always open to a new smoke. Let me know what I can do to make it an even trade for you. Thanks