Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

LFD Double Claro?

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've enjoyed every LFD I've tried so far, and a friend was recently trumpeting the virtues of the candela wrapper. I know there was a thread about these a while back, but nobody ever seemed to get around to posting an actual review.

Anybody tried this stick? What was your impression? Doesn't look like CCOM carries them. Anybody know where to get them?
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    I'm floored by the "Candela Revival" that seems to be making the rounds now. While this wrapper was once the American Market Selection, it's been out of favor for decades. My question is: Is it a St. Paddy's seasonal (the way Irish Red ales are this time of year) or is it a new trend in the trendiest, trend-seeking cigar manufacturers? Guess I ought to try a few before bloviating on the forum but I'm a suspicious man by nature.

side note: PD, glad to see you revived from that "death blow" hit... glad to see the EMTs in your area are cabal workers. :)
  • Options
    PAtoNH:
    I'm floored by the "Candela Revival" that seems to be making the rounds now. While this wrapper was once the American Market Selection, it's been out of favor for decades. My question is: Is it a St. Paddy's seasonal (the way Irish Red ales are this time of year) or is it a new trend in the trendiest, trend-seeking cigar manufacturers? Guess I ought to try a few before bloviating on the forum but I'm a suspicious man by nature.

side note: PD, glad to see you revived from that "death blow" hit... glad to see the EMTs in your area are cabal workers. :)
    Haha! Thanks, Mike! The ol' mailbox definitely took a pounding this week, but I'm still breathing and starting to plan some counter-attacks. ;^)

My friend who was touting candela wrappers is not a trend follower. He's been into cigars for many years, and really prefers the candela over the currently popular brown wrappers. I couldn't really engage him in discussion/debate because I've never tried the candela. When I saw this LFD stick, I thought if there would be a candela worth sampling, this might be it. Hopefully there are some folks here that have tried it and can offer their impressions here.

When I track one down, I'll post my thoughts as well.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    looking forward to a review... so many candelas, so little time :)
  • Options
    Found this short clip of John Carney from LFD talking about the Double Claro...