Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Auction for my daughter. Lots of things to win!

Comments

• bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Jake, if they do show up.... you just keep them for yourself! I am certain that no one would mind that. No one has participated here in order to 'win' a prize, but rather to support a brother in need. Maybe whoever was sending them knew your contest deadline and delayed it so that you would just get them! :) P.S. I AM SERIOUS...KEEP THEM!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearb:
    Jake, if they do show up.... you just keep them for yourself! I am certain that no one would mind that. No one has participated here in order to 'win' a prize, but rather to support a brother in need. Maybe whoever was sending them knew your contest deadline and delayed it so that you would just get them! :) P.S. I AM SERIOUS...KEEP THEM!
    I appreciate that but part of all of this was to say thanks and give something back for all of your support. Trust me when I say guys have bombed the crap out of me and I am not short of cigars at all. I really wish I could send every single person who donated, said a prayer, or just reached out with friendship a box of cigars. I can never put my gratitude in words. My daughter is doing great and that is all that really matters to me. Tonight we took her to Disney on Ice for Girl Scouts night and we made some memories. Every moment like this means so much more to me now. I am blessed to still have her and for all the amazing friends I have.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    bearb:
    I appreciate that but part of all of this was to say thanks and give something back for all of your support. Trust me when I say guys have bombed the crap out of me and I am not short of cigars at all. I really wish I could send every single person who donated, said a prayer, or just reached out with friendship a box of cigars. I can never put my gratitude in words. My daughter is doing great and that is all that really matters to me. Tonight we took her to Disney on Ice for Girl Scouts night and we made some memories. Every moment like this means so much more to me now. I am blessed to still have her and for all the amazing friends I have.
    Beautiful sentiment, Jake. That is what it's all about. Nothing more important than family and friends, and we are all blessed to be able to support you and yours. Enjoy all those precious moments with your wife and your kids.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearb:

I agree 100%. This is not about the cigars, it is about helping out a brother and his family. Thrilled to hear the great progress she has made, and hope we helped contribute to your goals. If anyone complains about the 2 boxes not showing up, just let us know. I am sure we can get together and compensate them.
    I was going to have my daughter draw names on vherf tonight but I am headed out the door for work. I have the names together and ready for her to draw. She will draw names tonight still and tape a name on each prize. I will post a list of the winners tomorrow afternoon. Thank you everyone for your support. I will post how many entries we had as well.
    Ok everyone the drawing has been done and the winners of all prizes are posted below. I tried to use forum names but I just turned 40 and am getting confused in my old age. Should you like to do something with your prize let me know. A few guys mentioned sending something they won to someone else. If you see your name listed please PM me. I will try to have all packages out by the end of the week with DC#.
    Gurkha Rogue - C. Sherman Jr.
    Gurkha Rogue - ejgorman
    Eddie Ortega Serie D Box - Fire Rob
    Eddie Ortega Sampler - J. "Disco" Diamond
    Eddie Ortega Sampler - mtuccelli
    Eddie Ortega Sampler - W Basil
    Eddie Ortega Sampler - N. Tyler
    Nestor Miranda Box - The Goat
    Xikar Cutter - jd50ae
    Xikar Lighter & Butane - perkinke
    Xikar Travel Humidor - J Karl
    Viaje 2X Hoodie - bearb
    Viaje Beanie - A Bertrand
    Viaje Baseball Cap - D. Williams
    Knife - Hilk
    LGC Serie R - E Fruehwith
    Partagas - Alienmisprint
    262 Manifesto - CurtPick
    Oliva Serie V - R. Thornberg
    Padilla - K. McGlothlin Jr.

There was supposed to be 2 more boxes arriving and they never did. Should they arrive my daughter drew 2 extra names and they will be posted if the items are received.

We did not reach our goal but we did very well with 270 entries. We will be able to make a toy donation to the kids at the hospital and hopefully bring a moment of happiness to some sick kids. I wish I had something for everyone of you. My family cannot thank you all enough for the support, thoughts, prayers, and donations. My daughter is doing well and with warmer weather here we should have no worries. She goes back for more testing in April and hopefully some of the unknown can be answered. Thank you all so much!!!!
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Good Luck with all your daughters future tests Snake, I was glad to be able to help!!
  • ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    You did give something to all of us. Thanks!
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to all the winners! Which should be everyone who participated! Thanks for the opportunity Jacob!
    Congrats to all the winners, and especially to the biggest winner of all... Addy and her wonderful family!!! We've all been so blessed to get to know you all better through this experience, brother... and to pray with you and do a little something for the kids. God bless you and your family!!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Congrats to all the winners, and especially to the biggest winner of all... Addy and her wonderful family!!! We've all been so blessed to get to know you all better through this experience, brother... and to pray with you and do a little something for the kids. God bless you and your family!!
    Agree
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Thanks bro was great to participate.
    And your family will be in our prayers !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Well said!!!!!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Stubble:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Well said!!!!!!
    +1 Thanks for everything Jake and I hope everything goes well for your daughters next tests.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I might suggest if you've won... Offer to paypal shipping costs... This could easily be over $100 worth of shipping there...
    WaltBasil:
    I might suggest if you've won... Offer to paypal shipping costs... This could easily be over $100 worth of shipping there...

Walt, great point. I just sent over some funds to help cover the costs.
    Thanks rsherman24. I sent over enough to cover mine plus another one I think...
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    That is a good point! Good lookin out Walt!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
    Thanks guys but you have all done enough. I appreciate the extra help. Guess I should have realized I have a lot to ship. Hope to get a majority out tomorrow.
    If you haven't PMed your address to me please do so I can get these out. I am missing a few. Can't find my addy list.

perkinke
    jd50ae
    WaltBasil
    Carl Sherman Jr.
    alienmisprint
    PM
    I have to find a few more boxes to mail out the last few things. I have listed the tracking numbers of the packages mailed out and the delivery status of the others. The ones with no status will have tracking numbers ASAP. If you receive cigars please let them rest a little while. They have done much traveling.

Daughter goes back in for more tests on Wednesday so if you can keep her in your thoughts and prayers I would appreciate it. She is doing very well right now so looking for some positive news.

Gurkha Rogue - C. Sherman Jr. - 9114901159815109579537
    Gurkha Rogue - ejgorman - 9114901159815109579520
    Eddie Ortega Serie D Box - Fire Rob - 9114901159815109659994
    Eddie Ortega Sampler - J. "Disco" Diamond - Delivered in person
    Eddie Ortega Sampler - mtuccelli - Donated to the troops
    Eddie Ortega Sampler - W Basil - 9114901159815109579568
    Eddie Ortega Sampler - N. Tyler - Delivered in person
    Nestor Miranda Box - The Goat - 9114901159815109660006
    Xikar Cutter - jd50ae
    Xikar Lighter & Butane - perkinke - 9114901159815109579544
    Xikar Travel Humidor - J Karl - 9114901159815109579513
    Viaje 2X Hoodie - bearb
    Viaje Beanie - A Bertrand
    Viaje Baseball Cap - D. Williams
    Knife - Hilk
    LGC Serie R - E Fruehwith Delivered in person
    Partagas - Alienmisprint
    262 Manifesto - CurtPick - 9114901159815109579551
    Oliva Serie V - R. Thornberg - Delivered in person
    Padilla - K. McGlothlin Jr. - Delivered in person

• FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Jake, they arrived today. Thank you very much. I'll be sending a thank you package in the next couple weeks. I should had just had you open it and take and take a hand full before you sent them
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Wait, so who won his daughter?
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Received today! Many thanks Jake! And, most importantly, thanks for letting us all be a part of this!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
    My daughter had more tests today and her blood work was all at normal levels. Since they ruled out all sorts of viruses being the actual cause they are going to run some genetic tests in July. They have to wait until her body has replaced all the donor blood she received which they said takes about 3 months. I initially thought they discovered the virus that caused this but I misunderstood. They just identified a virus she was sick with after the fact but did not lead to this blood disorder. She is doing well and we thank you for the ongoing support and prayers.
    Encouraging update, Jake. We'll keep praying for definitive answers and a complete resolution. So glad she's feeling better!
    Received mine yesterday. thanks Jake! My photo service isn't liking me today. Not sure why... Did post a pic on facebook.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is your daughter doing today..?
    You and your wife feeling and doing better..?
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Always hoping that no news is good news. Our collective thoughts are certainly with you.