Home Non Cigar Related

The fishing thread

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Well tomorrow's high is 47!! So I'm gonna go hit the water for some bass. Just finished cleaning reel gears and bearings and just put some fresh flourocarbon on. I can't wait it's been a long winter and I'm itching to set the hook and reel in something. Wish me luck
    I'm taking my son this Sat. Bass and bluegill are coming in. I gotta get all my gear ready too. Good luck Lee. Take pics bro
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Well tomorrow's high is 47!! So I'm gonna go hit the water for some bass. Just finished cleaning reel gears and bearings and just put some fresh flourocarbon on. I can't wait it's been a long winter and I'm itching to set the hook and reel in something. Wish me luck
    I'm taking my son this Sat. Bass and bluegill are coming in. I gotta get all my gear ready too. Good luck Lee. Take pics bro
    I will if I catch anything lol it dips a little below freezing tonight so it's gonna be a tough mental day
    Money can't buy taste
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    danielzreyes:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I will if I catch anything lol it dips a little below freezing tonight so it's gonna be a tough mental day
    i have been out quite a bit lately, the reds are not in yet but the water is warming up so should be good fishing soon. Last time out my son landed a 4 lb bass and I landed a 2 pounder.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very jealous. Just breaking into the 40's here. Still a little cold. Have some great small mouth fishing on the Susquehanna river. Getting the itch now.
    rsherman24:
    Very jealous. Just breaking into the 40's here. Still a little cold. Have some great small mouth fishing on the Susquehanna river. Getting the itch now.
    what part of pa are you in??
    Money can't buy taste
    Scranton, up in the NE.
    Damn I'm outside of Philly
    Money can't buy taste
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Damn I'm outside of Philly
    Maybe we will split the difference sometime and meet up for a smoke
    Getting ready for warm weather I blended this flippin jig for my custom jig box. Can't wait too try them out!!photo 288BCA48-023C-461E-8D97-36E50E705324.jpg
    Money can't buy taste
    Pulled out this football today...god bless the red eyed shad!photo 9989E751-9A05-4D10-8CC5-81CAC7462D8D.jpg
    Money can't buy taste
    The biggest of 3 today. Robo worm texas rig.
    photo 6625E64D-orig.jpg
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    photo 6625E64D-orig.jpg
    Nice!! You eating him tonight? How u prepare??
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    photo 6625E64D-orig.jpg
    Never pegged you for a fisherman. Nice catch!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    photo 6625E64D-orig.jpg
    i pretty much hate you.....i went out and the water is still way too cold still in the high 40s. Need it to get to 50-55 so they can start that prespawn feed.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a good looking fish Daniel!! I bet y'all had a blast!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    I found my old tackle box that I thought I had lost many many years ago. My mom had it in her shed all these years.
    photo 532765B6-orig.jpg
    photo 16B5C825-orig.jpg
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    I got almost that same box, except mine is brown not blue and the pull out utility boxes are two more trays. Just last year my wife got me a new bag with all utility box's. I still haven’t moved everything over yet but it sure is a nice system.

here is a link, its the Super Magnum

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fishing/Tackle-Storage/Tackle-Bags|/pc/104793480/c/104777280/sc/104619780/Cabelas-Advanced-Anglers8482-Tackle-Bags-without-Utility-Boxes/1391169.uts?destination=/catalog/browse/tackle-bags/_/N-1100378/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_104619780?WTz_l=SBC%3Bcat104793480%3Bcat104777280&WTz_l=SBC;cat104793480;cat104777280;cat104619780
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    I took my 2 nieces, 4 and 7, fishing yesterday for 3 hours.
    Very nice Thantos, what is the limit there in TN?
    As sad as it is, I'm not even sure. I caught these fish in a small over stocked lake in a family member's backyard
    I'm a catch and release guy...only fish I'll eat that I catch is walleye! Delicious when fried right up
    Money can't buy taste
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Thanatos0320:
    As sad as it is, I'm not even sure. I caught these fish in a small over stocked lake in a family member's backyard
    that's awesome. We have several ponds like that where the limits don't count too and when you get invited it is a ton of fun.....basically you could throw just about anything in those types of lakes and you will catch fish.
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I'm a catch and release guy...only fish I'll eat that I catch is walleye! Delicious when fried right up
    +1 bluegill though. we don't have walleyes out here
    Lee.mcglynn:
    You know, usually I am too because I want to teach my nieces to don't take what they dont need but this time I made an exception. I didn't need the fish but a friend of mine, who has no food at all, did. I love keeping pompano though. That is a really good fish!
    Lakes open April 26.... Very cool
    Bigshizza:
    They close??? Is this a up north because it was frozen kind of thing? We dont have that here...
    Took a noob out today it's a cold front but still hit some 3lbs so not all a loss. I do love my flippin rod though and it was not used. Ugh I can't wait for warmer weather
    Money can't buy taste
    FireRob:
    Bigshizza:
    They close??? Is this a up north because it was frozen kind of thing? We dont have that here...
    I'm not sure but yeah the ice just melted in the last couple of weeks.
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Getting ready for warm weather I blended this flippin jig for my custom jig box. Can't wait too try them out!!photo 288BCA48-023C-461E-8D97-36E50E705324.jpg
    you selling these Lee?
    danielzreyes:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    you selling these Lee?
    hahahaaa all your stogie stand man!! I just gotta pack them up!!
    Money can't buy taste