Home Non Cigar Related

saying goodbye to my harley.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
It looks like tonight might be my last ride on my baby.
Certain circumstances have led me to make the decision to let it go.
I will sorely miss this bike, but it is what it is.
It's possible that everything will fall through, but not likely.

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw, man, that's a bummer. I'm sorry to hear that circumstances have forced you to part with something you love but I guess that's part of life. You're a stand-up guy to be able to make the decision to do this. Some guys would avoid such a decision to their ultimate detriment.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    My condolence's. Always remember the good times
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's a beauty, Tony! Saying a prayer that circumstances will change and you'll be able to keep her.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss mine too.... :( hope things are going ok otherwise my friend.
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    That's a bummer. As My boys get older, and free time disappears, I find myself parting with some toys as well. There is always retirement ;)
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is, they cost too much. If you were to ride a $1,200 beater rice burner, then you would be able to say: "I'd get next to nothing for it. I get 50 mpg. Insurance costs next to nothing. I ride it every day to work. I can't afford to sell it."

Go that way. Get yourself a UJM, or a dual sport, or a faux hog, you still have your legs in the wind but you aren't out much at all. That's been my method all along. I been through medical bankruptcy and still kept my ride. You can even turn beemerista, score an old K75 with the smoothest most rock solid bike motor ever made for a couple grand, outperforms that Harley in every single category except resale. Pick up something some old fart left parked twelve years needs brought back to life, ride it, and make a couple bucks flipping it. Loads of ways to keep on riding. Course, the flip side is, with a serviceable beater you'd look silly dressed up like a pirate.

Me, I could not live without a bike.

Once circumstances improve, your next hog will be that much nicer. But you know what? I bet you will look back wistfully at those beaters you had so much fun riding and wrenching.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Nice ride, for sure. Can't say it better than Webmost did, so I won't.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    cant say ive ever said goodbye to a harley.... but i have said goodbye to a few cars that I cried for hours over when they left. I can relate to the feeling. Its rough...

Aj
  • RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    As a gearhead and car lover, I feel your pain.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    I love the rims on that machine! I hope you can work out how to keep it.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks Tony. Once you get everything back on track, you will be enjoying a new bike.
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I feel for ya my man. Sometimes giving up a bike or car can seem like a little loss of yourself. I felt that way when I sold my race car. Hopefully you'll get another real soon.