Home General Discussion

Whats your Daily/Go to cigar?

Does anyone have a daily cigar or just one they keep coming back to? Not necessarily your favorite but just one you always smoke. Mine is the No. 59 Factory Throwout sweet. Its really good and super cheap.

Comments

• No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Right now the Undercrown just because I have a box, I've never been let down by one, and they suit my desires. Otherwise, when I get a box, the Perdomo Lot 23 likely.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it great when you find those brands you like, that you can keep coming back to and you know they won't let you down?

My "daily/go-to smokes" are all budget-conscious cigars, mostly under the $5 mark.
    Most anything AJ fits the bill: Overruns, Diesel, MOW, San Miguel (discontinued) ... Davidoff 3x3 is a newly discovered favorite too ... JdN Celebracion never lets me down either .... and I can't forget about my old favorite 5V CSII but I don't have many of those left (guess I'll have to restock soon)

You'll find that your tastes change over time, ask this question again in a year or two bet you'll give a different answer :-) ....
    This topic has been discussed before and it's interesting (at least I think so) to look through those old threads and see some of those past answers...
    A thread from 2010 http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/118050.aspx
    And 2012 http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/458865.aspx

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lately it is the Davidoff 3x3's. Also keep a supply of the 5 Vegas Animals. Great smokes for yard work.
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    I don't smoke every day but my go to smoke is Padron Londres Maduro. Always consistently yummy
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    Personally i like Perdomo 10th anniversary reserve champagne nice cigar all around and really inexpensive.
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Oliva MB3 robusto between $3-$4 when you catch them on sale and the La Aurora 1495 robusto $2-$3 on sale Perdomo Habano $3-$4 on sale
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say the Undercrown as well for me. I love the smell, burn, taste, etc of it. I know it's always going to perform to my liking.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    if i can't figure out what to pull i grab a AB prensado
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man O' War Ruination or Puro Authentico. Having a Ruination right now. FTW
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Automatic go to would be 5-Vegas Classic. MOW is a daily too, but later for pure enjoyment. The more expensive ones I try and plan ahead, damn my conscience.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I agree with the 5 vegas Animal.... perfect everyday cigar

Aj
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    It used to be JDN Antano, now it's Diesel Unlimited
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    For me probably the 601 Green oscuro, ep Carrillo real just cause I have a box or the 3x3 since I just discovered their cheap goodness.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I change a lot but if I have one I keep coming back to it is a Melanio robusto. Catch them on sale and they are about $5

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Beaker38:
    Personally i like Perdomo 10th anniversary reserve champagne nice cigar all around and really inexpensive.
    Great smoke. I like the MoW Puro Authentico.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I don't smoke every day, but my 'go to' cigar would be a Hemingway Best Seller. Yummy every time!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My "go to" would be the Torano 1916.
    If I were to be out of everything else, there would be 1916s in my humidor.
    Second up would be the Torano Salutem.
    Third would be any cameroon I could find at the time. LOL!
    Other than that, I stand at the cabinet door, stare at the shelves and then grab one, look at it, put it back, grab another look at it and put it back. On a good day, I walk away with one.
    Most often, on the third trip, I will find one. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    This describes my nightly ritual to a tee!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Park Avenue, Diesel Unlimited, The old 5 Vegas Miami. I smoke all three on a pretty regular basis. I have been hesitant to grab a Miami since they were discontinued.
    If I'm looking for a smoke I know won't let me down, a cigar to smoke on a day I am not intrested in trying something new, I grab AJ 99% of the time.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UC is my fav smoke I go to when I know I'm getting a great smoke.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaime Garcia Especial..any MF.. When you want a good solid cigar without any worries.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I don't smoke daily but AF Gran Reserva Chateau Maduro is a constant pleaser and reliable smoke for me.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chemnitz:
    Unfortunately, I don't smoke every day, but my 'go to' cigar would be a Hemingway Best Seller. Yummy every time!
    The Thumb Print limited edition?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Vegas Gold. Finally got down to the box patrickbrick bombed me with and they have reached that stage of a perfect burn and almost creamy full bodied flavor. A joy to smoke....thank you Patrick.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Chemnitz:
    ???
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chemnitz:
    danielzreyes:
    Chemnitz:
    ???
    I'll bump
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my go-to recently have been the Room 101 connecticut and the Avo XO

in the past they have been the JdN Celebracion, LFD airbender, and camacho havanna.

my wallet fears that my next goto with be the SCdLH La Punta...
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    my go to daily cigars have been
    Torano Loyal, or the Sosa Third Harvest
  • TexvetTexvet Posts: 39
    Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 50 Years
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    The two I've been smoking the most are the padron 64 maduro exclusivos and the room101 mc1's
    Money can't buy taste