Home Cigar 101

negotiating online retailers on large orders

kos22uskos22us Posts: 47
im not one that seeks to try a bunch a different sticks, i have about 10 sticks i really like, i was thinking about just buying a box of each stick, you guys that order bulk do you ever try to bargain for extras or anything like that ?

Comments

• New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    for something like that, id call
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    I've never tried to bargain, but the nearest B&M is about an hour away so I've placed multiple orders online. The tobacconists at Ccom are pretty approachable. I've also had some good luck with some other online retailers. The key is reaching out and speaking directly with someone. Once that relationship is established you might be surprised what comes of it!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, give cigar.com a call. Say you are interested in multiple boxes or bundles... If you don't need the actual box many cigars also come in bundles and can be significantly cheaper. You'll be surprised at some of the deals!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are buying 10 boxes, I am sure they will give you a good price. Give them a call. Great service
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Give them a call or email a rep they will work with you. Just tell them what you want they will give you the best price they can. For my B-Day order I get quite a few boxes and other goodies for the discount. Buying boxes you get extras, or upgrades, you can work with that. Sometimes get a better price per stick if you go outside the box so to speak. Have placed large orders besides that and they are very negotiable. Got a great deal on a humi I spotted elsewhere. Called and told them if they matched the price I would just as soon give them the business. They matched it plus, just sayin. Don't hurt to ask.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have not started dealing with one of the Ccom people, you are missing out.
    Find a rep and stick with them.
    One you get a good relationship with the one you are dealing with, stick with them.
    They will work with you.
    Other than the daily deals, weekend blitz and sprint sale, I don't even use the online part to order.
    I email them what I am looking for and get an email back with what they've come up with.

If you work with them, they will work with you.
    And I will say this. If the rep you are dealing with isn't meeting your expectations, there are several others at ccom who will.
    And once you find the rep who matches your "personality", stick with them.
    That may sound odd a little, but will make sense eventually. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    If you have not started dealing with one of the Ccom people, you are missing out.
    Find a rep and stick with them.
    One you get a good relationship with the one you are dealing with, stick with them.
    They will work with you.
    Other than the daily deals, weekend blitz and sprint sale, I don't even use the online part to order.
    I email them what I am looking for and get an email back with what they've come up with.

If you work with them, they will work with you.
    And I will say this. If the rep you are dealing with isn't meeting your expectations, there are several others at ccom who will.
    And once you find the rep who matches your "personality", stick with them.
    That may sound odd a little, but will make sense eventually. LOL!

+1
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    well i only agree partly with some of this,
    i have had large orders well over $1000, multiple box's etc, c.com's idea of the deal was a cigar sampler thrown in,worth say $30, and free shipping, that slow smart post crap,
    so no they do not get my large orders, ci was the same,
    most of the time i go to other online places
    and yes i have delt with the better reps that get talked about here, that was the exact dealing outcome the last i did talk with someone
    another place beat the whole deal by 25% plus next day ship.
    i only see decent daily deals that might interest some peeps on c.com, but other online joints seem to pop up more often now with better deals, just have to keep an eye out. make a few calls to several joints and see what happens
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    I have to be honest I have never tried Ccom for my large orders. I have never asked for a better price but I do place 1 or 2 max orders a year that are well above the 1K mark. I do use ccom for other orders etc. the daily deals are good too. It's not that I would not use them they have great service and I am a little surprised that on a 1K+ order a $30 sampler is the best they can do but it is not really the extras that I care about just the bottom line. I will also say that the 25% mentioned off list prices above while possible is on select items not every purchase could be beaten like that. Check pricing everywhere and then I would just call them and ask. You never know what you might get.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    J.S.:
    I have to be honest I have never tried Ccom for my large orders. I have never asked for a better price but I do place 1 or 2 max orders a year that are well above the 1K mark. I do use ccom for other orders etc. the daily deals are good too. It's not that I would not use them they have great service and I am a little surprised that on a 1K+ order a $30 sampler is the best they can do but it is not really the extras that I care about just the bottom line. I will also say that the 25% mentioned off list prices above while possible is on select items not every purchase could be beaten like that. Check pricing everywhere and then I would just call them and ask. You never know what you might get.
    couldn't agree more, you have to check around, on that particluar order not every place was cheaper, it took a few days of calling around to get the best pricing, which i was happy with, but not all dealings will be that way, good example was last month on some tats c.com had them basicly $100 off reg price,so of course i will buy them,all just depends on your timing.