Home Ratings & Reviews

If you are a diesel fan

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
And have not tried the "Hair of the Dog" Robusto cigar, you are missing out.
Lots of flavor, but no so much "in your face".
At first, it does get in your face a little. A little bite and boldness, but then.............
The flavors go everywhere.
And I really found myself wanting the cigar to last so much longer, which is strange for me, because I tend to get down toward the end and my span of attention starts to disappear.

This is one I'm putting on my "add to humi" list.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Was that your first?

Aj
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a ton of Diesels, but had never had the Hair of the Dog.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must say it was a great stick..i was surprised how good it was.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear. I have a couple in the cooler resting, but haven't heard many good things about them. There was a recent thread somewhere about Diesel's and a couple people specifically bashed them. I like most of the Diesel blends with some age, so have to see how long they have been in there. Will let you know.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    There was a recent thread somewhere about Diesel's and a couple people specifically bashed them.
    Lol, I was thinking the same thing. Goes to show that it really is a matter of personal taste.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I like these a lot. That said, I could see why a fan of UHC would bash them. I don't find them at all similar and it's kind of surprising that HotD is a Diesel at all. So if someone was looking for basically UHC but with a twist/different wrapper, I think they'd be disappointed.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Good to hear. I have a couple in the cooler resting, but haven't heard many good things about them. There was a recent thread somewhere about Diesel's and a couple people specifically bashed them. I like most of the Diesel blends with some age, so have to see how long they have been in there. Will let you know.
    As was said, if you go in with a pre-conceived notion that it's a Diesel, then you will get lost on the cigar.
    It's not your ordinary Diesel and I'd even go so far as to say it's a completely different critter.
    I totally expected it to be like all the rest of the Diesels and once I got about 10 minutes into it, it pulled my full attention to it.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Had the beli, it was surprisingly good