Home Non Cigar Related

Cigar Dogs

First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
How many out there have cigar dogs? I have had a lot of dogs over the years ( 67). My dad was a small animal vet so we had dogs as far back as I can remember. Trixie, Cloie, Water Buddy, Chief,Peter Lake, Sam, Edwina, Gypsy, Molly ,Cleo, and now only one, Lady. Lady is a five year old Border Collie/ Mountian Fiest mix we rescued from the animal shelter. I think Lady enjoys cigars because when I fire up she sits right by my feet. So, you guys got dogs?

Comments

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have two rescue dogs from the same litter. Mom was a pure bread black lab and dad was a rotty/shepherd/something tall mixed mutt. Both are very tall and very long.

One is black with rotty markings and the other is tan with more of a shepherd look. The black one is 123 ponds and the tan one is 95. They both think they are lap dogs!

• twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've got 2 dogs,my wife's is a silky terrier kinda like a yorkie must a little bigger.my dog (Gus) is a rescue from the humane society he's a mutt.part lab part beagle part basset hound.my dog knows the sound my humidor makes when I open the drawers.any time he hears it he heads right to the back door.he's my smoking buddy.hell sit beside me the whole time I'm out there.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    14 and all rescued.....but for 4 they all found their way to us.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 yellow lab right now with a chocolate coming by the end of the year. My yellow likes to come outside and lay on the deck while I am herfing.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    I have an English bulldog, and he hates it! If I'm in the house or outside, he moves as far away from me as possible!.....at least I think it's the cigars!
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a Schnoodle and a mutt with probably some Silkie in her. Many of you know that I use to have a Bichon-Poodle mix Earl who was my Herf Dog, he'd sit on my lap while I smoked cigars. Neither of my two dogs will do that, Leah my Silkie will get on my lap but won't stay long when I'm smoking. She does keep me company, though.

When I'm out back on the patio, she'll curl up on the pad under the table next to my chair and I can reach down and pet her while she keeps me company and keeps an eye on the yard. She stays inside with the rest of the family when it gets too cold.

Recently I've set up a docking station for my work laptop in the garage so I can smoke a pipe or cigar while I work. When I smoke a pipe, the smell is not too bad so I keep the big garage door closed and open the side door into the alley. I'd bring Leah out with me and put a towel down for her to lay on, but she'd go inside and when she wanted to come back out would bark or scratch on the door. I started this just a few days ago and today she figured out that if she wants to see me she can just go out the doggie door into the back yard and come in the garage from the side door so she'll come and go, mostly sticking by my side, but going inside when she wants.

I'm glad she figured that out, she's smarter than I originally gave her credit for.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will soon

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apollo looks like he's looking for a cigar of his own, Bill.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

More like…’two coolers and no more damn beer?’

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• KsqsmokingKsqsmoking Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:

@Yakster said:

More like…’two coolers and no more damn beer?’

Good catch @OutdoorsSmoke_21191 ! They were drying out after holding copious amounts of PA IPA!

The obstacle is the way.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

He looks like a good boy.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

@ShawnOL said:

@ShawnOL He’s one of the guys. A real dogs dog. How do I pm you?

The obstacle is the way.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19

@Ksqsmoking said:

@ShawnOL said:

@ShawnOL He’s one of the guys. A real dogs dog. How do I pm you?

Click on @ShawnOL to navigate to his profile page and click on message.
    (Side note - when sending messages, be certain you are sending a message rather than posting to a member's "wall". The wall is public, the PMs are private.)

@rsherman24 said:

Jax

What’s up Jax?!

The obstacle is the way.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rsherman24 said:

Jax

If I had a dog again it would be that model, what breed is it?

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a big fan of setter/golden mixes. Had one as a kid. Best dog ever.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:

@rsherman24 said:

Jax

If I had a dog again it would be that model, what breed is it?

He is a mutt we rescued as a puppy. Owner said he was labradoodle and Rhodesian ridgeback, we had a DNA test done and it said golden retriever/pit bull/poodle/etc. everyone (including our vet) swears it is a wolf hound except he is only 85pounds. All we know is his mother was a **** apparently. Great dog though

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

sheltie?

• OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

Miniature Australian Shepherd…just like the big version but in a tiny package. My wife’s dog…he’s growing on me. He likes to try and herd my GSD when playing ball 😂😂

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.