Home Non Cigar Related

Workin on the RR

The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
A BOTL asked me to post some pictures of my empire, yup I play with trains. Decided to get into a model railroad, loved trains when I was a kid, and had a set. Did some research and got busy.

Built 3 tables with 2x4's, screwed, and 1/2 inch plywood tops, glued and screwed. Attached the tables together for the complete layout. Can be taken apart in sections if needed, can't see that happening. Track is operational, every connection soldered, by the book. Power pack wired to a terminal block and has drops soldered every 3 feet of track so no power loss when running slow.

Now the fun begins, doing the terrain and landscaping. Building the structures, wiring for the inside lighting is all done. Keep changing my mind though. Doing some weathering on this boxcar.

Where I sit and play.

So that's my empire, such as it is. Fun to listen to music, watch the train go round while you build a model. Oh, and smoke a cigar.

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big boy toys.....ya gotta love it.
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks awesome. I always wish I had train set when I was growing up.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool, George! A buddy of mine has a set up above his garage. Fun stuff!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet! And that cigar ad on the boxcar? Very sweet.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice George, huge fan of trains, never been on a real one--it's on the list! Thanks for sharing.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I grew up around trains and always liked them. Didn't know what I was getting into when I started this but it sure is fun. That boxcar is kind of of special, my father was an El Producto smoker.

The only difference between men and boys
    Is the size of their d*ck's and the price of their toys
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice set up. Trains opened up this country. Don't tell us you wear a engineer hat when running your trains.
    First Warrior:
    Don't tell us you wear a engineer hat when running your trains.

Wise ass friend of mine made sure I had one

• flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    That is awesome, my brother is a big train guy!! Have you seen the new Locomotives that have real sounds? pretty neat stuff enjoy!!
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome, I've got an N gage set with about 25' of track in a closet somewhere. might have to take a look
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Looks like so much fun and you bet I'd be wearing that hat with a big smile on my face
    flowbee:
    That is awesome, my brother is a big train guy!! Have you seen the new Locomotives that have real sounds? pretty neat stuff enjoy!!

You can spend a lot of money on this stuff, there is so much. I have 4 engines already.
    onestrangeone:
    That's awesome, I've got an N gage set with about 25' of track in a closet somewhere. might have to take a look

Those are good for doing a large coffee table set-up under glass too, very cool. Get yourself a Walthers catalogue, or check out their website, you won't believe the stuff available.