Home Cigar 101

wedding

I'm getting married in a month and was wondering what everyone thought was the best cigars to buy? Looking to purchase around 30-40 cigars? Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on a lot of factors including whether you'll have serious cigar smokers or people that will only have a cigar because it's your wedding. It will also depend on how much time you have and how much money you want to spend. And whether you want people to have a cigar as a souvenir or as a legitimate smoke. My wedding is in three weeks and for a lot of reasons I'll have seven boxes of cigars, various sizes and strengths.

Say more about that you want and expect, who is coming, how much you want to spend and so forth and we can help you figure out a good plan.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • That's also another problem I have, I'm new to the cigar world and not really sure what size or style, any suggestions on maybe a sampler that could steer me into the right direction?? Thanks much
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From just what I read here I would do maybe 3 boxes. A Connecticut a Maduro and either a Habano or a Cameroon. Sounds like (to me anyway) you are going to want to stick to more popular named stuff than more boutique blends. Don't know how many "seasoned vets" you will have and unless you and a chunk of your crowd are these types (you know the people that peruse this and other forums) popular is the way to go. Not sure what your budget is. Some potentials that you could look into are Punch Montecristo #2 Oliva serie V, O, or Melanio Fuente Hemingway. Alec Bradley Connecticut. Cohiba red dot (higher priced) Many different Padron (also higher priced) My father line. DPG San Latano I know there are many others out there just a couple thoughts. The other thing you could do is contact CCom customer service. They will easily be able to put something together for you and your special day. Including cutters and lighters etc. good luck. Have a great time sir.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Depends on budget and if there are any serious smokers. My suggestions would be 5 Vegas Classic and / or J Fuego Origen and / or Maduro, (you can get a good deal if you call CCom) Good budget sticks that are great smokes.

If budget is no issue then I would go with Padron. (and also invite me)
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    MOW Ruination.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so many ifs,...... Here's one thing to consider - If you don't have a humidor large enough to store them in, you should maybe purchase a box or two from your local cigar shop a day or two before you need them. That way you won't have to worry about how to store them until the wedding. And remember not to leave them in a hot car. That's bad.

I've provided cigars at gatherings before. It's fun, but you probably won't get as much participation as you may expect. Don't over-think it. Just remember to enjoy yourself.

Good luck and congratulations.
  • AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    travis2618:
    I'm getting married in a month and was wondering what everyone thought was the best cigars to buy? Looking to purchase around 30-40 cigars? Any suggestions appreciated.
    I would say to just get a box or two of the 5 Vegas Limitada TENTH. Perfect for a "white and gold" wedding theme. The box is white, they come individually packaged in fancy glass tubes with a cork (think champagne!), the band is white, and the cigar is a solid smoke in the medium range so everyone can enjoy. They are currently on sale too I believe. So, thats my suggestion.
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    By the way, the cigar itself (5 Vegas TENTH) is a knockout! Flawless construction with a dark oily wrapper and a fancy Belicoso shape. Its as fun to look at through the glass as it is to smoke. I'd be worried about people snatching more than one lol
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    MOW Ruination.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AshMe:
    travis2618:
    I would say to just get a box or two of the 5 Vegas Limitada TENTH. Perfect for a "white and gold" wedding theme. The box is white, they come individually packaged in fancy glass tubes with a cork (think champagne!), the band is white, and the cigar is a solid smoke in the medium range so everyone can enjoy. They are currently on sale too I believe. So, thats my suggestion.
    I have to say, this is a good recommendation.

However, you've given nowhere near enough info for anyone to recommend something.

Are you a cigar smoker yourself?
    Are your/her friends/families cigar smokers?
    Perhaps her Dad? or brother?
    I mean, why cigars?
    That may sound strange to those of us who hang out here, of course we would have cigars, they're integral to who we are.
    But what about you?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AshMe:
    +1
    This might be my favorite single brand suggestion so far. Decent price, solid construction, nice flavors, and very very good presentation.

The longer this thread goes on, the more suggestions you'll get and if it becomes too much to choose from.....

..... go with matkn's suggestion
    matkn293:
    The other thing you could do is contact CCom customer service. They will easily be able to put something together for you and your special day. Including cutters and lighters etc. good luck. Have a great time sir.
    Since you're "new to the cigar world and not really sure what size or style" --- this may be your best bet. The folks at CCOM are experts and will do you right. Shoot them an e-mail or give a call, tell them your situation --- budget, the occasion, number of cigars you need, etc. and they will hook you up.

and congrats on the upcoming celebration.
    stick around this place if you decide to keep with cigars. lots of good info, people, and conversations here.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    4x4's they are mild to medium tasty and cheap! Plus it's technically davidoff! So yeah your welcome
    Money can't buy taste
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    4x4's they are mild to medium tasty and cheap! Plus it's technically davidoff! So yeah your welcome

This is the best suggestion in the thread. However, I would modify it slightly to say 3x3, the tubo makes it look "pricier".
  • Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    I am no expert but maybe something infused with a made ring ban with you wedding date and names for wedding favorites. most sticks I got from friends and family before I ever smoked as tick went in the draw or put on a shelf. and for those who you know are BOTL get something you like for them. mho
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Retircs1:
    I am no expert but maybe something infused with a made ring ban with you wedding date and names for wedding favorites. most sticks I got from friends and family before I ever smoked as tick went in the draw or put on a shelf. and for those who you know are BOTL get something you like for them. mho
    Just my opinion but I'm not a fan of the bottom shelf cigars for the masses and a few special sticks for the ones you think will appreciate it.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    I see your point, why not do the same for all it's wedding for crying out loud :)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    Lee.mcglynn:

This is the best suggestion in the thread. However, I would modify it slightly to say 3x3, the tubo makes it look "pricier".
    yes. people who know cigars will like them. people who dint know cigars wont understand them but they are cheap enough that it isnt an issue.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and go corona!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    FTW!