Home Non Cigar Related

30 Republicans Senators Support Gang Rape

I know most of you guys swing to the right and a few swing to the left and some of us suck at swinging and are in the middle. But I saw this the other day and it caught my eye. You can also look it up at ABC and they have the story. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/oct/15/defence-contractors-rape-claim-block . I do know that i will not be voting for Mike Johanns when he is up again because he was one of the thirty that voted against it. t give you the low down Jamie Leigh Jones was a twenty year old girl who decided to put her life in danger and be a civilian contractor over in Iraq. In her first few days there she was drugged, gang raped and locked in a storage container. She was locked in it so she couldn't tell anybody. She tried to sue the company and couldn't be cause of the fine print (can anybody else think of a company that had small print problems and people wanted legal action from the government recently. TC) She had her case taken up by Al Franken. it came up for voting in the Senate Luckily it got passed, but 30 republicans voted against it. I guess Republicans do support gang rape Here is a list of the Republicans who voted to protect a corporation over a victim of rape: Alexander (R-TN) Barrasso (R-WY) Bond (R-MO) Brownback (R-KS) Bunning (R-KY) Burr (R-NC) Chambliss (R-GA) Coburn (R-OK) Cochran (R-MS) Corker (R-TN) Cornyn (R-TX) Crapo (R-ID) DeMint (R-SC) Ensign (R-NV) Enzi (R-WY) Graham (R-SC) Gregg (R-NH) Inhofe (R-OK) Isakson (R-GA) Johanns (R-NE) Kyl (R-AZ) McCain (R-AZ)-no not the guy who just tried to run for President of the USA McConnell (R-KY) Risch (R-ID) Roberts (R-KS) Sessions (R-AL) Shelby (R-AL) Thune (R-SD) Vitter (R-LA) Wicker (R-MS)

Comments

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I think the title of this post might be a bit biased. Just because they voted against this amendment does not mean they voted for gang rape.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    I think the title of this post might be a bit biased. Just because they voted against this amendment does not mean they voted for gang rape.
    I don't buy that. They protect their interest. These contractor's were hugely compensated and built up by the last administration. Instead of using our own military contractors were used at many times over the price. Saying that they support gang rape might be a bit far but it does show how they regard her well being thus being raped. Over the good of a company. So voting against this amendment is saying they want to save A COMPANY rather than a woman or women of having this tragedy. This company, and the people involved should be thrown in jail and rapped in the same way. It's Freak'n sick that people in power keep getting away with crimes and others take the fall. Now if she was pregnant and they gave her an abortion maybe they would be all over it. It's good to be a republican these days that's for sure...
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    This is pretty nauseating. I don't claim either party, but crap like this is why I'm not a republican. I can't believe McCain would vote against this. I've had a lot of respect for him through the years, but this kills my opinion of him. And whoever said that the government should not interfere with a contract between an individual and a company is a freakin idiot!

Civil suites go to arbitration not criminal charges. Criminal charges are settled in a court of law by an appointed judge or a body of the defendents peers. To stand in the way of due process is obstruction of justice! And furthermore, the law of the land supercedes any agreed upon contract. If the contract does not follow the law, then is null and void.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    This is pretty nauseating. I don't claim either party, but crap like this is why I'm not a republican. I can't believe McCain would vote against this. I've had a lot of respect for him through the years, but this kills my opinion of him. And whoever said that the government should not interfere with a contract between an individual and a company is a freakin idiot!

Civil suites go to arbitration not criminal charges. Criminal charges are settled in a court of law by an appointed judge or a body of the defendents peers. To stand in the way of due process is obstruction of justice! And furthermore, the law of the land supercedes any agreed upon contract. If the contract does not follow the law, then is null and void.
    It should, and this whole thing makes me sick, and the thing is I "think" there were others that had this same sort of thing happen to them, though they didn't come forward.
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    I do agree with you that the title is very biased. It was done with that very idea in mind to be biased. While this a is a very horrible tragedy and I will not be supporting Mike Johanns from now on. I put this up here because of the Obama and his cronies post. The title of the article is or at least the subject is All Black People Must Be Democrats. While that entire article isn't about that it doesn't matter because people only read the headlines, make a decision on what they want to read, then actually read the article. Please read the actual articles in front of you and do a bit of research. Not just what you read from one site.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    cabinetmaker:
    I don't buy that. They protect their interest. These contractor's were hugely compensated and built up by the last administration. Instead of using our own military contractors were used at many times over the price. Saying that they support gang rape might be a bit far but it does show how they regard her well being thus being raped. Over the good of a company. So voting against this amendment is saying they want to save A COMPANY rather than a woman or women of having this tragedy. This company, and the people involved should be thrown in jail and rapped in the same way. It's Freak'n sick that people in power keep getting away with crimes and others take the fall. Now if she was pregnant and they gave her an abortion maybe they would be all over it. It's good to be a republican these days that's for sure...
    Well said Squirrel, and again it makes another sad day for me to say I am still a registered Republican. Lord knows there are plenty of bad dems, and indeps too----but the list of these 30 reads like something from a fearmongering, anti-woman, homophobic, cluster F------Alexander, Brownback, Graham, Sessions......theres a list of heroes for ya, lol.
  • These are some of the most conservative and faith based people in Washington. Some of them even ran for president. This title is defineately biased.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    no, all republicans are Fascist, homophobic, anti-women, racist, war mongering, hate mongering people who want to do nothing but but take over the world via corporations.

there is nothing political about this at all, and there are no things that the media left out that may have caused them to vote against it.

i never make it a point to to make such serious accusations without getting all of the facts.
    that being said,

i still think there are issues here. I dont know the facts that are not reported in this story. i do want to learn more. ill have to do some reading.

hmmm would this mean that some democrats were in favor of murder?
    or was there something more to that story too?

kuzi16:
    ...homophobic...
    ok...
    that one is true...

at least to a good percentage.
    kuzi16:
    no, all republicans are Fascist, homophobic, anti-women, racist, war mongering, hate mongering people who want to do nothing but but take over the world via corporations.

Yeah. That's all anyone was trying to say but we couldn't quite find the words for it. Glad you could clear that up for us.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    This story is such BS.
  • I vote for Michael Savage for President in 2012!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I call BS
    jacketsrule:
    These are some of the most conservative and faith based people in Washington. Some of them even ran for president. This title is defineately biased.
    LOL!!!Faith based....they may be the number 1 problem in govt. Oh wait, no Jesus rules all-----just as Sanford or the Teg Haggard (love those pics of him and Bush).
    ::::said with pretentious British accent::::I never make accusations or incorect statements, I am above such hogwash and rubbish...now get my tea and blindly follow my thinking.LOL!!!!!Michael Savage, the man who thinks autism is a plot to screw the prosperous and who is banned in the U.K. because he is "considered to be engaging in unacceptable behaviour by seeking to provoke others to serious criminal acts and fostering hatred which might lead to inter-community violence". SPeaking of people who the Patriot Act should lock up without cause.
    Vulchor:
    jacketsrule:
    These are some of the most conservative and faith based people in Washington. Some of them even ran for president. This title is defineately biased.
    LOL!!!Faith based....they may be the number 1 problem in govt. Oh wait, no Jesus rules all-----just as Sanford or the Teg Haggard (love those pics of him and Bush).
    i have some interesting thoughts on this concept.... anyone mind if i thread jack? (it is a bit off topic)
    Go for it Kuz------we may agree on this one (my fingers are crossed we wont, lol ....j/k)
  • Vulchor:
    jacketsrule:
    You left coasters are all alike! Florida, California, it's all the same.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    I have been to that camp in Baghdad. I'm not saying that what happened to that girl was not an awful, unfortunate, and criminal situation. But you all must realize that NONE of you or I know all the facts. Period.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    The main reason I have a problem with this story and can tell it doesn't give all the facts is that it talks about sueing the company... When you sue a company that is a civil case and NOT a criminal case. This article does not address the criminal charge of rape. All this story says is that the company that she worked for can't be sued because she was raped by co-workers. It does not address the fact that criminal charges can still be filed against the suspected rapists and criminal charges can be filed against the company for tampering. All this says is she can't file a civil suit against the company she worked for.
    PuroFreak:
    The main reason I have a problem with this story and can tell it doesn't give all the facts is that it talks about sueing the company... When you sue a company that is a civil case and NOT a criminal case. This article does not address the criminal charge of rape. All this story says is that the company that she worked for can't be sued because she was raped by co-workers. It does not address the fact that criminal charges can still be filed against the suspected rapists and criminal charges can be filed against the company for tampering. All this says is she can't file a civil suit against the company she worked for.
    I see that now and I apologize for my inaccurate statement earlier. However, I think she should be able to sue to company if they tampered with evidence. Just my opinion though.
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    Thewelder:
    I put this up here because of the Obama and his cronies post. The title of the article is or at least the subject is All Black People Must Be Democrats.
    Thank You!
  • I am not a lawyer and I have no expeirence in these matters, but I to my understanding these abritration agreements are not worth the paper they are written on, and I am pretty sure that I have had to sign one for every job I ve gotten in the last few years. That being said there is alot more going on here that what is stated in this article.
    from Wikipedia:
    On May 16, 2007, Jones filed a civil lawsuit against KBR and former parent corporation Halliburton, and Charles Boartz (a "person of interest" in the case).[2] KBR requested a private arbitration, and claims this is required by her employment contract. On September 15, 2009 the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans ruled Jamie Leigh Jones' federal lawsuit against KBR and several affiliates can be tried in open court.[17]
    from the same article:
    Jones testified before the Senate Committee on the Judiciary on October 7, 2009, concerning Senator Al Franken's amendment to the FY 2010 Defense Appropriations Bill,
    Im sure Mr. Franken's amendment has an agenda that these Senators object to, and it seems that with or without it, Ms. Jones will get her day in court.
    Vulchor:
    Go for it Kuz------we may agree on this one (my fingers are crossed we wont, lol ....j/k)
    well... it isnt THIS topic....
    but something close to it. i dont have time now. i gotta get stuff done on my only day off this week.

been way to busy lately.
  • "30 Republicans Senators Support Gang Rape"

By this logic I support school shootings because I am against gun control.
    I am not for killing kids....therefore I am better than Zimmer----lol.
    Vulchor:
    I am not for killing kids....therefore I am better than Zimmer----lol.
    In who's eyes? lol
    Quite right Puro-----and I misspoke, I am not for killing ALL kids. :)
    Vulchor:
    Quite right Puro-----and I misspoke, I am not for killing ALL kids. :)
    Haha Thats more like it! Most maybe... but not ALL. lol