Home Pipes

CAO Pipe tobacco VS. CAO Flavorz Cigars

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
How do the flavor profiles compare between the two? They have the same "flavor" names but how does the tobacco stack up to whats you put in your pipe?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Sorry my friend I really cannot help with this one. What I can tell you is that the pipe tobaccos are about average. I have never got into the flavored cigar craze.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I know my B&M carries the flavourz cigars. I hope they are fairly similar cause I wouldn't mind picking a few up to see what they are like so I don't buy some tins of the pipe tobacco and be disappointed. Lol
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Pipe stuff is smooth .still have to try the cigars. My girlfriend doesnt smoke and ive had her take a whack at my pipe with cherry bomb and she loved it.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
    If you like cherry, I have been sampling several for the past couple of years. I have not tried them all but my favorite right now is Sam Gawith's Celtic Talisman. Strong heavy cherry with lighter vanilla, yet I can still pick up a foundational VA flavor too. Very good stuff.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I found these Hit and Miss.

The Moontrance is better as the cigar, in a pipe it doesnt reflect the same qualitys as the cigar. Just doesnt "pop" with that coconut/fruit aroma in the pipe, and to me it taste like PG and vanilla with bourbon aroma.

Cherry Bomb is fantastic in the pipe. Here this blend cooks well in the pipe and taste very true too its name just wonderful. The Cigar i find slightly off, but as in a more cigar way then a just flavor way and its still pretty good just more cigar like. The downside I find to Cherry Bomb is that you really need to dedicate a pipe to this blend. It can ghost hard and taint everything else after a run with it. Plus the finished pipe has that lingering aroma that just smells aweful to me. A cooked Cherry Bomb Pipe stays outside once done!

Aj
    That worries me... The pipes I have are really old.... I think the youngest is at least 50 years old... I really wanna avoid ghosting anything too strong or something that wouldn't compliment most other tobaccos... Might have to order a corn cob for that one.
    Thats the spirit lol. Id do that for heavily flavored stuff anyhow. At least if it sucks its not an issue with a cheapo pipe.
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    definitly suggest a cob for the heavy aros... they really do add some ghost. The only ghost that I have found to be fairly acceptible is vanilla. It goes well with just about anything... kinda like frosting. But cherry dont jive well with a hard english or a delicate virginia.

If you truly like the blend, buy a nice pipe that you use just for that, A nice baraccini would fit this bill pretty well.

Something else I learned with Aros, is that they have a longer pipe recovery time. You should always let your pipe rest after smoking to allow it to dry out, and strong aros or goopy ones really take a few good days to dry back out so that you get a good smoke. Smoke it wet, and the flavor will sour half bowl. I have several cobs per each aro class, 3 or 4 for vanilla/ chocolate/mocha/coffee blends , 3 or 4 for cherry/ bright fruit blends, 2 or 3 for wine/bourbon/whiskey blends. This gives you time to smoke your blend fairly regularly and still allow for some drying time by rotating the collection.

Aj
    Agreed. Aros. will ghost and cherry does not mix with much, although a little cherry ghost with a strong lat. blend is nice once in a while.

I will say that most aros. goop but some do not. My favorite cherry blend, SG Celtic Talisman, smokes very dry. I have time and time again smoked a bowl immediately while the bowl is still warm dumped the ash and reloaded with the second bowl still dry at the bottom. There are some high quality aros. out there like that but you do pay a premium for them.
    Just found a package deal of 10 corncob pipes for like $15... not bad.... lol might pick those up along with my tobaccy when I get the funding.
    That is a very good deal. Especially if they are MO Meer. There are others out there but MM seem to be the best quality I have found but then again I don't smoke a lot of cobs. Treat them right and they will last a very long time.
    Ordered some of the cigars....not as good as pipe. Taste is more chemical. The pipe stuff my girlfriend likes. Not a fan of the cigars. Sucks cause they waste a good Cameroon on em.