Home Non Cigar Related

Marysville tragedy...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Praying for the families in Marysville, WA where a shooting just happened at a local high school. Three killed and several more injured, according to local reports.

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always troubling to hear things like this.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My prayers and thoughts go out...

...and please no political stupidity...let the families grieve...
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    Freshman pulled out a 9 mm and shot friends. Or who he thought were his friends. I chose specific target. Not a gun freak. May have resulted from being jilted by his girlfriend. The recently broke up. Was a decent kid.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for the fallen.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Praying for the families in Marysville, WA where a shooting just happened at a local high school. Three killed and several more injured, according to local reports.

One of the districts I work with pretty regularly and a very good friend of mine is the VP. And, if she hadn't enrolled in running start my niece would have been at the high school eating lunch when it happened. Pretty crazy day at work today.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Bad_MonkeyBad_Monkey Posts: 110
    this kind of thing sucks the big one. Just dealt with a school shooting a couple years ago with my old fire dept. (I'm retired now) back in Ohio, now today I had to make the rounds at work and talk to everyone who might possible have kids of high school age. We're only a handful of miles away from Marysville. I'm thanking my lucky stars that no one has kids at that school.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lived very close to Marysville and shizz can happen anywhere at anytime-- unfortunately. I pray people recover but they won't forget cause these tragedies scar us all.
  • TaraLeeTaraLee Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    Prayers for all the families involved!

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Terrible thing, such a loss for what appears to be a jealous motive. More may come out later but we used to settle these things with fist's and move on. The disregard for a human life, including his own, kind of baffles me.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our prayers go out to all. Also, a classy move by a rival high school who was scheduled to play them for the league championship Friday night. They forfeited to give the chamipionship to Marysville.

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never easy to hear of something like this happening. Makes me scared for my boys future. Prayers going out.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!