Home Ratings & Reviews

Surprised by aj!!

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
The new world robusto was a solid not normal aj stick! It was a ton lighter on pepper and more earthy then any aj I have had rott. I was really pleased with the cigar over all and would recommend it for a must try. I think with age it would become a much better smoke but only time will tell
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I've heard good things, I got to remember to pick a few up on my next purchase
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    The new world robusto was a solid not normal aj stick! It was a ton lighter on pepper and more earthy then any aj I have had rott. I was really pleased with the cigar over all and would recommend it for a must try. I think with age it would become a much better smoke but only time will tell
    Excellent pepper bomb! One of my favorites.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that the stick is blended as a 55 ring through out all the vitolas offered except the gordo that is a 60. It is meant to be a 55 I think. I smoked a robusto yesterday and the first 1/2 inch was kind of harsh but it was probably me lighting it to hard. The cigar then settled down to be a right long tasty smoke. I've got some resting now and maybe when the holidays kick in I'll break out another. I'm glad I bought a few..
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Sooooo being that it's an AJ, would you say New World FTW?
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    how is the first inch of it?

im usually most let down by the first inch of an AJ cigar and then it grows on me as it goes along.
    in fact, he would probably be my favorite blender by a long way if the first inch wasnt so spicy in almost all of his blends and if in general they were a bit more mild.

grain of salt though. I like mild and medium cigars best. i can see what he is going for and i respect the complexity in many of his blends but its usually too much for me.
    ill have to check this one out.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried one a while back. Liked it, but it was still an AJ to me. I think if it mellows out with age it would be right in my wheelhouse. Great smoke, just a little full for my taste. Have a couple resting with high expectations