Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Official 2014 Holiday Gift Exchange

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
Its that time of year again.

Official 2014 Holiday Gift Exchange

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE SIGNING UP

the spirit and reason:

For the guys not around previous years, this is a Gift Exchange that happens once a year and is done in a "Secret Santa" style. It is done this way because there are too many people to make this a "traditional box pass." We all want to give our Ccom family members great gifts but we cant give to everyone so this is what we do.

this pass is intended to be a pass to show appreciation to those who we have mutual respect for. this is not a pass to try and get totally sweet cigars for free. this is between brothers and sisters (of the leaf), not strangers. this is our cigar family. this is not for everybody. this is a gift exchange about giving, not receiving. some examples include:

.image

imageimageimage
imageimageIMG_20121219_191353_zpsd65d812c

imageIMG_20121219_191306_zps054933cb

The point is to appreciate the fellow members for their contributions to the community at large.
this is why it has to have some level of exclusivity.

The Qualifications:

you must belong to the forum for more than 4 months (cutoff is 7-1-2014 any join date after is too late.)
you must have 500+ posts.
you must be in good standing as a trader.
you must sign up before Thanksgiving. (Sign up will end Wednesday November 26th at 11:59pm)

I do apologize but i feel that i must stand firm on these.

if you dont qualify, then check out the Newb secret santa. HERE

the logistics:

send me your name and address (via PM) and i will redistribute names to everyone.
the name you get from me is the name that you will send a cigar related package to.

Included in your PM to sign up should be the following:
-your name and address you want the package sent to
-a short list of things (cigar related accessories) you want.(lighters, ashtrays, etc...)
-a short list of things you specifically DONT want. (Brands you hate, accesories you would never use)
-your preferences on cigars (favorite blenders, brands)

the names will be distributed either Thanksgiving night or early the next day.
gifts can start going out on Wednesday December 10th. and must be sent by Saturday Dec 20th. (10 day span)
put a return address on the box you send out but not your real name or forum name.
return Addy should be "Ccom Holiday Pass" or "Ccom Secret Santa" or something of the like.

after you have sent me the PM, post here that you signed up so we can all see who is participating. I will also be posting a list in this first post as a way of confirming signup.

the "rules of thumb":

dont try and figure out who your "Secret Santa" is. if you know right off the bat, dont spoil it for the others. i will post a list of who sent to whom when all is said and done with.

the price guideline will be in the spirit of $45.00. this $45 is for the "main" gift not cigars. any cigars are on top of that. the guide on cigars will be no less than 5 cigars. you are welcome to send out any cigar you chose. (no "crap" of course).
of course you can send out more cigars if you want. (and as you have seen in the pictures above, most send out WAY more)

dont buy things that people dont want (duh)

Do not ask for Cuban cigars. Sale and trade is illegal in the US and there is a good chance you will be let down. nobody will stop you from sending out Cubans if you so choose but nobody should expect it or ask for it.

if you cannot stick to the guide and spend in the spirit of $45 for the main gift and be able pass out at least 5 good sticks, dont sign up.

if you cannot ensure that you can send out in the predetermined time, do not sign up.

If you cannot ensure that you will not move or change your adress during the shipping time frame, do not sign up

If after you sign up, there is an emergency that will prevent you from conforming to the rules and guides above, please PM me and we will work it out in private.

i hope that takes care of it all. If there are any issues or questions please PM me. If the rules should, by some strange disaster, change I will go back and edit this post so that all of the rules are in the first post and easy to find.

on that note:
lets have some fun!

Participation list:
kuzi16
rsherman24
jimmyv723
mmccartneydc
smoke em if you got em
flowbee
Bobbo2009
Bigshizza
onestrangeone
No_one21
brianetz1
Tyland64
Darktower007
Vulchor
bert873
kingjk729
Jetmech_63
greg2648
scarlin
OchoZacho
Glock1975
Chuck N
RCY Cigars

Comments

• benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    This looks really cool. Next year I'll be "old" enough :)
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    As always I'm in .......
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Count me in! I will never be able to undo the damage that "the bear" did to me on my first go at this, but I will try every year!!!!!
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Definitely in for this. Was too new the first year I joined and missed the last couple so really looking forward to this big time. Was awesome seeing it all unfold that first year so will be cool being a part of it this time.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in please
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Remember I need info Vai PM to be able to count you in. Only have two PMs.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM incoming!!! Love this time of the year around here.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love seeing this happen again but I will not have the resources to participate this year. Once again thank you for hosting this Matt :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    I would love to be in this, count me in!!
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I am in. PM sent. Thanks!
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would, but I'm scared.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhh yeah I'm in Kuzi
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Ohhh yeah I'm in Kuzi

PM sent
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely want in this year, PM sent.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    CharlieHeis:
    I would, but I'm scared.
    This is my excuse too
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    PM to you Kuzi
    ok.... i think i have everyone thats PMed me on the list in the first post.
    if you signed up and you are not on the list please PM me so i can correct that.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Screw it I'm in.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    CharlieHeis:
    I would, but I'm scared.

Me scared too, out of my league guys.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it will be nice to sit on the sidelines and watch the destruction. Maybe next year.
    First Warrior:
    it will be nice to sit on the sidelines and watch the destruction. Maybe next year.
    do what i do: as soon as this years is over, start saving cigars for next year.
    every time i make purchases through the year i buy one or two for the holiday pass. every box i buy gets one pulled out from the get go and added to a bag for this pass.
    all i have to buy for this years pass is the "main gift" and maybe one or two special cigars picked out for whomever's palate i end up with.

this has worked for me the last few years. its a much easier hit to take than buying a main gift then a ton of cigars all at once. plus i cam completely destroy my mark. works out well for us both.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    First Warrior:
    do what i do: as soon as this years is over, start saving cigars for next year.
    every time i make purchases through the year i buy one or two for the holiday pass. every box i buy gets one pulled out from the get go and added to a bag for this pass.
    all i have to buy for this years pass is the "main gift" and maybe one or two special cigars picked out for whomever's palate i end up with.

this has worked for me the last few years. its a much easier hit to take than buying a main gift then a ton of cigars all at once. plus i cam completely destroy my mark. works out well for us both.
    Hmm... good idea
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn that 7-1 join date gets me everytime.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i'm going the Sam route and saying screw it, I'm in.
    i think i have everyone who has PMed me to sign up on the list.
    send me a PM if i missed you.
    22 days left to sign up.
    brianetz1:
    i'm going the Sam route and saying screw it, I'm in.
    Woot! Time to nut up or shut up.
    it is a bit spendy but i have never felt better about spending the money on a fellow lover of the leaf.
    kuzi16:
    it is a bit spendy but i have never felt better about spending the money on a fellow lover of the leaf.
    My main worry is limited access to good/aged stuff. A few good b&m around but my personal collection is seriously amateur in comparison to you all.
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    I am in. Looks like lots of fun.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    In plez pm coming