Home Non Cigar Related

Prayers requested, brothers and sisters

ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
Medic45, Brian Rogers, was involved in an accident earlier today. He and his partner were struck by another vehicle, causing the ambulance to flip. Brian suffered a broken leg and some ribs while his partner suffered a broken arm. The occupants of the other vehicle were killed upon impact.
Brian is in pretty serious condition at a local trauma center. I'd like to ask each of you to send prayers and good vibes his way for a speedy and full recovery.
I'll update this post as more information becomes available.

Comments

• Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Prayers sent! and will keep sending
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this, prayers go out for the families of everyone involved.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible. Tell him all of his ccom brothers are praying for him if you talk to him Dan.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Positive vibes that way brother.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers sent...
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    wow, that's crazy. I will keep him in my prayers
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the Prayers, brothers.
    Last update is the Brian's partner has been released and is on his way home. Brian has a badly fractured leg, several fractured ribs and a fractured sternum. He'll be having surgery on his leg tomorrow.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    What a tragic event. I'll assume that Brian was driving due to the rib injuries, were they responding to a call. Sorry to hear that there were deaths.
    The Kid:
    What a tragic event. I'll assume that Brian was driving due to the rib injuries, were they responding to a call. Sorry to hear that there were deaths.

They were returning from an interfacility transfer. Brian was in the passenger seat and the ambulance landed on the drivers side.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    The Kid:

They were returning from an interfacility transfer. Brian was in the passenger seat and the ambulance landed on the drivers side.
    Wow, crazy, Please let Brian and his partner know theyre in our thoughts & prayers.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sucks. Sending out prayers.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers to Brian and his partner...that sucks
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying...
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bad deal all around, Please let him know that we are praying for a speedy recovery.
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for all involved.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Praying for the Medic and all involved. B was my newb trade sponsor, and he sent me a really tasty cigar or six. Even with the lights and sirens, every time I see an emergency vehicle going through an intersection, my guts pucker. Scary stuff.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Just to keep everyone in the loop. Found this on FB.

http://www.lex18.com/story/27723394/ambulance-involved-in-crash-in-clark-county
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers sent....thinking of everyone involved!
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Sending best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, just saw this. Hope he's doing well
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    Brian's partner was released home last night and is doing well.
    Brian went into surgery earlier today to repair his leg but, I haven't heard if he's out or not. As soon as I get new information I'll post it.

Regardless of how much we squabble with each other, or whether we know someone who works EMS, we're all a huge family much like the cigar world. We call each other brothers and sisters and I'd like to think I speak for the entire community when I say thank you for the thoughts and prayers. When I speak with Brian I'll let him know that everyone kept him in their thoughts. Thanks again, Brothers.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I will be keeping him in my thoughts. I hope the surgery went well. Thanks for the update!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    definitely in our thoughts and prayers!!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

The surgery went well and two fractures were repaired in his left leg. The concern now is swelling which could cause muscle and nerve damage. He's been admitted to the ICU and placed on C-PAP because of some breathing difficulties but he's stable and in quite a bit of pain while he's awake so they're keeping him sedated for now.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news. Still a long road ahead, but I am sure he is in great hands.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Man, really sorry to hear this. Seriously a tragic story, and I´m praying that these guys recover healthy and strong.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Prayers and good vibes still heading out to all involved! Thanks for the updates! :)
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I hope he's doing well, I had wondered why I hadn't seen anything from him on Fb... Brian has definitely been an influence on me and I hate I didn't get to meet up with him last year! Maybe this year man!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers sent
    Brian had a rough day yesterday. Hiccups turned into vomiting which aggravated the broken ribs and sternum. Meds kept him comfortable but he still felt pretty bad.
    If anyone is interested, I'm going to send a get well card around and get some BOTL to sign it. If you want to participate, PM me your address and I'll put you on the list.