Home Non Cigar Related

PRAYER REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayer for all. Martel i hope you do well in your job interview. Double post double prayers.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Please say a prayer for 2 families on my son's football team. First, the Aunt/Uncle of 3 children were going through the adoption process to formally adopt their nieces children because the mother and the father had the children taken away from them because they are drug addicts and will be going to jail if not are already there and no other family was stepping up to take them so they were going into foster care. They are in their 70, but since there was no one else and they are relatively affluent they were going to give it a go.

Unfortunately about a month ago the Aunt went into the hospital and found out she had stage 4 lung cancer. She has been undergoing Chemo, but the outlook is not good. The uncle was going to continue with the adoption process, but last week started having issues with swelling in his brain and now has lost all of his long term memory. That combined with the lung cancer has stopped the formal adoption process.

the children were set to be put into a foster home, but a member of our football community whose sons were close to the boy on the football team has stepped up and is going to either long term foster the children or adopt them depending on what the state feels is the proper path to follow.

they already have 3 children themselves and need all the prayers they can get to help them through this time.

Thanks!
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Praying sir.
    One God, One Truth
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Prayers sent.
    Fellas, I need prayers for a little while. Iv had a sore nose for the past few days and just blew it off due to weather. Saturday, i woke up to some swelling and today I look like a monkey with my nose, upper lip and face swollen. Hurts like a big dog too. Cant go to dr till this afternoon.
    Thanks guys
    One God, One Truth
    After an hour and a half Dr visit, he said internal staff infection........hooray me.
    One God, One Truth
    Do what the Doc says. Staff infections are tough to shake. Prayers for you Roland and for the kids mentioned in the earlier posts.
    Bump
    One God, One Truth
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are ya doing, Roland? After this much time I'm hoping you're back to normal. ??
    Yeah, antibiotics helped a bunch, then got a sinus infection on Christmas Eve. Still getting over that. Doing better though. Thanks for asking.
    One God, One Truth
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, I've been out for a bit dealing with the holiday craziness and been missing my ccom family lately...

We've got a bit of an issue here and could use all of the prayers you can muster. My eldest daughter was just diagnosed with a brain tumor. I'd like to say that I'm handling it well, but I'd be lying. She's got a pre-op appointment on Thursday to talk to the surgeon. It looks like the surgery will be in a week or two. Please just pray that the surgeons are successful in removing it and that she recovers... Thanks.

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I am deeply saddened to hear this. Hang in there brother I know it must be hard! Maybe some of the other brothers here can help you set up a non profit charity fund. I know thats been done here before. I also know we would all like to help in some way shape or form so dont hesitate to ask. Prayers for your daughter and family!
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    This is my first time in this area of the forum. I want u to know that ur family are now in my families prayers and I prayer that u will be a strength to ur family during this time! If it gets too much to bear, we are here to help hold u up so that u can be that rock for ur family. Please keep us posted. God bless!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jbohon:
    Hey all, I've been out for a bit dealing with the holiday craziness and been missing my ccom family lately...

We've got a bit of an issue here and could use all of the prayers you can muster. My eldest daughter was just diagnosed with a brain tumor. I'd like to say that I'm handling it well, but I'd be lying. She's got a pre-op appointment on Thursday to talk to the surgeon. It looks like the surgery will be in a week or two. Please just pray that the surgeons are successful in removing it and that she recovers... Thanks.
    Prayers coming for her and your family.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Jay, your family will be in my prayers.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Jay, I am sorry to hear this news.. Your family will be in my prayers. If there is anything you need, I, along with many others, are right here with you.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just now saw this, Jay. Praying hard for your daughter and for the family.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers out for you and yours, Jay. Wish I could do more... ??
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Praying for you, your daughter and family, Jay.
    jbohon:

Prayers for You and TaraLee and your daughter and the rest of your kids Jay. Keep us informed brother. We will share the burden. Semper Fi, Rodger
    Thank you everyone for all of the prayers and the encouraging words. I wanted to give you all an update.

My daughter and her mother went to see the surgeon today. At this time, the surgical staff believes the risks might be too high to go forward with the surgery. They (the surgical staff and the neurology dept) are going to have a meeting and discuss options early next week. What is sounds like is the old "damned if you do, and damned if you don't" scenario. The tumor is causing seizures and a world of other problems, but the surgery is very high risk and they're not sure she'd make it through.

Please just keep praying... we really appreciate it.

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I don't have the words, keep strong.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Jay, We are all here with thoughts and prayers for your daughter, you, and your family.
    Jay, your family is in my thoughts and prayers. What is your daughters name? I think if i know her name the prayers will have more strength. Semper Fi
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Warrior:
    Jay, your family is in my thoughts and prayers. What is your daughters name? I think if i know her name the prayers will have more strength. Semper Fi
    +1, I don't know what else too say,
    First Warrior:
    My daughter's name is Brooke.

I can't offer enough thanks for everyone's prayers. You guys are the best...

Jay, thanks for your daughters name. Now my prayers will go where they are supposed to go. Semper fi
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    My 2yo nephew, Everett, was just admitted to the University of Minnesota Children's Hospital today. He was sick over the weekend and woke up with a severe stutter and was unable to recall words he previously knew (cow, shoe, his dog's name). Your prayers and thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
    My prayers for Everett and his family.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wife Ashley is going in for thyroid surgery at 8:30. Praying it goes well, no problems, and is benign.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America