Home Non Cigar Related
Options

PRAYER REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doug prayers are definitely coming your way and I have a lot of experience taking Cael to Children's every month or two, I know it's scary but I have faith all will be ok! Keeping you're whole family in our thoughts and prayers, let me know how I can help my friend send a text. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

Prayers sent buddy.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,846 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts and prayers for your son, Doug.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers are with your son and family. Be strong for him.
  • Options
    tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Glad this thread is in here. Praying today for your son and yourself, Doug. I will be bookmarking this thread; glad to be able to support through the only One that can truly help.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, brothers. Sam's doing much better after a night on IV fluids. He should be ready to come home either later this evening or tomorrow morning. Docs want to see some improvement in a couple of areas of the bloodwork. This has been an ongoing thing for about 4 years. He has these sudden episodes where an allergy overload triggers him to start throwing up and once it starts, it goes for days and days. This time was the worst we've had as the dehydration got the best of him. Usually he's able to sip some fluids and avoid that until it passes.

Strange thing is the docs have no idea what is behind it. It's apparently something that happens with some kids and eventually they grow out of it. Some have called it "intestinal migraines" but they don't have a clue what to do about it. If we have early warning signs and get some Benadryl into him, we can usually head it off. But if it gets going, it just has to run its course.

Anyway, thanks again for your prayers. Y'all are the best!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Still in the hospital. Turns out Sam has pancreatitis along with his other illness. Waiting for doc's and test results.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Keep the faith and still praying.
  • Options
    Just got home. Crisis passed. Thanks for praying.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they've got it pinpointed as pancreatitis, that's treatable, isn't it?  In any case, I'm just glad things are better. 
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I have an older brother suffering through the ravages of cancer, started in the pancreasa couple years ago. They don't expect him to leave the hospital in St Petersburg at this point. My folks and his wife and children are at his side, am sure they can all use prayers. Thanks all 
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My prayers are with you and your family,Brother dirt.
    May your brother be at peace and comforted at this time.
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    MoleRatMoleRat Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    Praying too Dirtdude, stay strong!
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers headed to the Dirt Dude family.  We're thinking of you, may he find the peace he deserves.
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for you and your family dirtdude. Praying your brother finds comfort and peace. 
  • Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with your brother, you, and your family.
  • Options
    tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Praying for Sam and family as well as Dirtdude's family.
  • Options
    my bro is doing much better today, all his kids are by his side, his bilirubin count is still quite high but he is a tough ol bro, thanks for your prayers. you know, I have been out of work for a week or two and you get focused on things that really arent that important  in the grand scheme, appreciate all your prayers
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dirtdude, glad to hear he is doing better still sending prayers his way and his families as well as yours :)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Continued prayers 
  • Options

Prayers to the officers killed and hurt last night in Dallas and all their families. Also praying for all of our brothers that are officers here.

• Options
    Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭

Prayers to the officers killed and hurt last night in Dallas and all their families. Also praying for all of our brothers that are officers here.

Amen. Tell a cop you know that you appreciate him or her today.
  • Options
    Praying. Senseless and gutless.
  • Options
    Prayers gladly accepted for my Niece's robotic surgical procedure today. 
  • Options
    you got it bro
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Done
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will do 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers and best wishes for your niece's surgery, my friend. 
  • Options
    Hope and pray all goes well.