AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this,will pray for Scott 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, please pray for the folks in Kokomo, In. Had a pretty bad storm last night there and some tornados. I am working with some Churches and the United Way right now on getting a day trip  together for Sunday to lend some helping hands.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats great to hear you helping so much Larry thank you and way to go, will keep them in my thoughts and prayers!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Also, please pray for the folks in Kokomo, In. Had a pretty bad storm last night there and some tornados. I am working with some Churches and the United Way right now on getting a day trip  together for Sunday to lend some helping hands.
    I've been to that Starbucks.  Scary.  Thanks for helping.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm privileged to pray for Scott, @Martel
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Thanks, @peter4jc and everyone!

Scott is doing better.  He's not out of the woods, but today he spoke, asking what happened, when yesterday they weren't sure he could breathe on his own (or ever would).  One of the nurses told his wife that if he ever got up and walked out of the hospital, she was coming to church with us.  I'm giving her the address to our building today.  He's not up, yet, but the progress over the last 24 hours has been remarkable.  Prayer works.  Thank you all.

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Martel for the update that is wonderful to hear!!! Continued prayers heading his and y'alls way!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for your buddy @Martel
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    prayers sent
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My prayers to all those I've missed. May God bless you all in your time of need and sorrow. 
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somehow, I missed this thread. Sorry I'm late with the prayers, Martel, but prayers for Scott are going out along with good wishes for  his family and you. Thanks for being his friend and for asking the BOTLs for prayers on Scott's behalf..... 
  • Options
    @jlmarta Thanks!  Scott's recovery has been nothing short of a miracle.  He's even back to leading worship at church.  He should start back with his regular employment soon.

• Options
    Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome @Martel! Thanks for keeping us in the loop. God is good!

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic!!  I'm exceedingly happy to hear this. Thanks for letting us know.  
  • Options
    Hey, I can't believe this thread hasn't been used since last fall!

I'm struggling here, guys.  Some of you may know I'm a preacher.  Yesterday I just preached my first funeral for a child.  I've probably handled a hundred funerals before this, but this one was hard on another level.

The 10 year old made a huge impact on the local community.  He suffered from a rare genetic condition, but never complained.  

I'm trying to figure out how best to help his family and his best friend, another 10 YO boy who's just incredibly strong and insightful.  They all need prayers more than I do, but since I'm struggling so much I just can't imagine what they're going through.

The visitation and funeral went really well, but now that those busy days are over, things get really tough.

• Options
    You got it, Martel.  Good to see you again, brother.

There have been a few other, more specific threads regarding prayer requests, and those got all the attention.

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reviving this thread to ask for prayers. We are pretty overwhelmed at the moment.

1. Some of you have prayed in the past for my son, Sam, who has had a long struggle with Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. Last summer it got much worse and he was admitted to the hospital 8 times between May and August. They now think on top of that he has Crohns Disease. I'm helping him prep today for a colonoscopy, which is a crazy thing for a 16-year-old to have to do.

2. My oldest son had surgery this morning for an infected gallbladder. Seems to have come through it ok.

3. My mother-in-law broke a hip two weeks ago and is in rehab, but not progressing well. Her husband is shut-in at home so we're running back and forth to attend to both of them. Not sure what we'll do if she can't get back on her feet. 

When it rains, it pours. Prayers welcome.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers sent Doug.
  • Options
    Gladly praying for all this Doug.
  • Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You and your family will be in our family prayers tonight. 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've got it, Doug.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for your family. Stay Strong.

You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    Praying for you and yours @Puff_Dougie I know the brothers on here have help me out a lot with pray too. I could also use some pray its hard losing my mother I have never lived a day with her here and now she is gone there is a big hole in my life. We just had the serves for on sat and I really lost it  then. I took care of her for the last 2 1/2 years being there for her at all times now I have so much time on my hands I am a little lost
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Puff_Dougie your whole clan is in my prayers, also your too @arch72
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for you 
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    arch72 said:
    Praying for you and yours@Puff_Dougie I know the brothers on here have help me out a lot with pray too. I could also use some pray its hard losing my mother I have never lived a day with her here and now she is gone there is a big hole in my life. We just had the serves for on sat and I really lost it  then. I took care of her for the last 2 1/2 years being there for her at all times now I have so much time on my hands I am a little lost

So sorry for your loss @arch72. You are in my prayers too. 
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your family is in my prayers.