Home Non Cigar Related

PRAYER REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for you 
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Puff_Dougie sending prayers your way my friend. Remember (as you always do) that God doesn't give us anything He knows we can't handle. 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers to both of you fine fellas. Hope things work out for the best.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Thoughts and prayers to both of you @Puff_Dougie @arch72
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for praying. Please continue. Sam had a very difficult time with the colonoscopy prep. Loaded up with laxatives and couldn't go. Then started vomiting. Taken to ER this morning. They got him stabilized enough to do the scope but had to stop because of a stricture in his intestines. Admitted him immediately. MRI needs to happen ASAP and then possible surgery. He is very discouraged / sad / angry. We are very concerned. 
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Looks like Sam is coming home tomorrow. No surgery needed at this time. They will use infusions of anti-inflammatory meds to relieve the restricted area. He has been diagnosed with Crohn's Disease, so this is the beginning of a life long challenge, but we are hopeful that it can be managed. Thank you for praying. 
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't stop yet, praying will continue.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much research is happening recently on the relationship between gut bacteria and intestinal disorders including Crohns, so it may be better treated or cured in the near future. Best wishes for Sam and the family.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers are needed for two of my friends Bobby and his wife Penny. Bobby is a disabled Marine combat vet and Penny is the love of his life. They are both deeply religious. Penny taught bible study. Bobby was at church last Sat evening by himself as Penny stayed home cause she didn't feel good when He got to his truck there was a message on his phone that their house was on fire. When he got home the house was engulfed and he found that Penny never made it out.  She was found in the AM right at the back door. 
    Please prayers for Penny soul and for Bobby , 
    Thanks 
    What a tragedy Rodger! I'll be praying!
    How sad.  Praying for Bobby.
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers sent.
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that my Prayers are with Bobby. 
    Non Crux sed lux
    I Talked to Bobby this AM.He has been to the VA to get his meds theat burned up and to spend some time with a shrink. 400 folks turned out for Penny funeral. Bobby is staying with a daughter , son in law and two of his grandbabys. Just wanted post to tell he appreciates the prayers. I expect he will hit the wall in a couple of weeks so keep up the prayers.
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh that is terrible. Prayers coming.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
    @First_Warrior I can't even begin to imagine what that poor man must be going through. Prayers being said on his behalf for sure. If there's anything we can do to help please let me know. Will they be taking up a collection?
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers needed for my Mom, Grace. She was "non-responsive" this morning. She's been ill for a long time.
    Thank you

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be praying, @IndustMech
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Okay, John.
    Praying for Grace!
    Prayers for your mom
    Thank you, all

Prayers sent your way. 
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers sent.
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers to you and your mom @IndustMech

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    Praying for you and your mother @IndustMech Hope all goes good
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My prayers are with you and your mother
    Non Crux sed lux
    Thank you, all. My Mother passed just before noon today. I greatly appreciate your support.

John

Oh my...  
    So sorry, John. Continued prayers for you and your family.