Home Non Cigar Related
Options

PRAYER REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mother in law was doing terrible. She ended up with a massive infection on her arm, which caused an infection throughout her body and brain. 
    She went in for surgery on her arm to clean out the infection and they discovered it is some staff infection called Mersa or something.

She's been loaded up on antibiotics since Friday and we went to see her Sunday, brought her flowers and a stuffed animal, cause she loves her 4 legged "kids".
    She made a comment about how I'm the only one who ever brings her flowers and I'm still an a$$hole, so I called her a cranky old lady and she smiled, so I know she's doing better.

Now, my wife's brothers and sisters are battling over control of her money and property. It's becoming a mess. They all have lawyers and are fighting for guardianship, conservator and control of everything.
    I asked my wife what she wants to do.
    She said let them all fight it out and screw everything up.
    If mom gets better to the point she goes home, there will be hell to pay and we don't even want to be caught up in it. Good plan. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love your wife's attitude! Smart lady.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MRSA (Mersa) is Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus.  Most antibiotics won't kill it, especially not penicillin derivatives.  Mycins don't seem to do much good either, but good old cheap Bactrim usually does it in.  

Usually.  

Problem is, so many folks are sensitive to sulfa drugs.  It is often found in the nasal cavity, and you may have it for decades without it causing any problems, until it gets through a break in the skin somewhere.  Once it's in the bloodstream, it's a beeyotch to get rid of.

Something worse, though, is lawyers and greedy relatives.  My heart goes out to her, and you.  Maybe some of the greedy ones will go see her and she can sneeze on 'em.  (Just kidding, I don't need any lawyers up my butt either.)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mersa is a **** to overcome  but can be done, good luck Tony.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    So if you have a family of greedy kids and all but one are greedy and getting lawyers and fighting over control and one of those kids has been screwed over by everyone one of their siblings, it probably isn't a great idea for them to talk to the probate person from the courts.
    Just saying. ROFL!

This is about to get very interesting.
    The court probate person called my wife last night and she said she didn't think anyone in the family should be in charge of the finances or property. Thinking someone's gonna be pissed. ROFL!

I love karma.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    So if you have a family of greedy kids and all but one are greedy and getting lawyers and fighting over control and one of those kids has been screwed over by everyone one of their siblings, it probably isn't a great idea for them to talk to the probate person from the courts.
    Just saying. ROFL!

This is about to get very interesting.
    The court probate person called my wife last night and she said she didn't think anyone in the family should be in charge of the finances or property. Thinking someone's gonna be pissed. ROFL!

I love karma.
    Speaking from personal experience...No matter what, don't you get involved in any of this.
    When my in laws died a couple of years ago, the lawyer and my brother in laws asked me to be the executor of the will cause all the in fighting that was going on. I was considered to have the coolest head in the bunch. 
    Hands down, it was the biggest mistake I've made in my life. It's still dragging on years later.
    Your wife is right.....Stay away, far away.

• Options
    Executor to an estate, anyone's estate, is one of the worst volunteer jobs there is; I wouldn't do it again even if I was paid. And if you do accept the job, have a good, sharp, not-as-lazy-as-most lawyer.
  • Options
    I was fortunate when my mother died. My mother made me executor of her will and my brothers and sisters left it all up to me to take care of. None of them wanted to deal with any of it.
    There really wasn't much, other than her house and I was the only one who could pay the state back $38k to keep it. Which was a mistake in itself. 
    But for the most part, it all went well. 
    This deal with my wife's family is becoming crazy.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My dad died this morning. It was a big shock to all of us. Please keep our family in your prayers.
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • Options
    Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my, so sorry to hear that Kevin. Especially today. You’ll be in my thoughts and prayers my friend.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such sad news, my thoughts are with you and your family.  :(
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you & your family Kevin. So sorry for your loss brother.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    GrawlsGrawls Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s awful. Very sorry to hear. God bless. 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin, my thoughts and prayers will be with you.  
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for you and your family 
  • Options
    My deepest sympathy, Kevin.
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sorry for your loss, Kevin.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry Kevin, let us know if you need anything.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Kevin

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear of your loss. Condolences from our house to yours.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sorry to hear of your loss, Kevin. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours. 
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this Kevin, my condolences. 
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry for your loss, Kevin.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss Kevin
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys it means a bunch. Just been an effed up day.
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My deepest condolences, Kevin.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh crap brother I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts and prayers go out for you and your family. 
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My heart goes out to you and your family.  There are no words that can fill the void you feel right now, may it be filled with the good memories as time goes on.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain