Options

PRAYER REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers sent
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers of peace needed for the children of Central America.
  • Options
    Prayer request for my 94 years young uncle, Bill Bass. Bill crossed over this AM. Bill was a tail gunner on a B-17 and had to bail out over occupied France. The French underground got him back to England. Prayers for Bill on his last flight in this world. Thanks
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Warrior:
    Prayers of peace needed for the children of Central America.
    Thank you for this post, the right perspective is sorely needed. Amen!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    First Warrior:
    Prayer request for my 94 years young uncle, Bill Bass. Bill crossed over this AM. Bill was a tail gunner on a B-17 and had to bail out over occupied France. The French underground got him back to England. Prayers for Bill on his last flight in this world. Thanks
    Three of my uncles were Navy, Pacific during WWII, gone now. I hate losing that generation. Prayers for your Uncle and those who loved him.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Warrior:
    Prayers for you and the family, brother. Your uncle was one of the true American heroes.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fellas...my father in law lost his battle with cancer last night. Tough times ahead for my wife and her family. If you all could send some prayers and good vibes our way I would greatly appreciate it. I am going to step away from the forums for a few days and focus my time and attention on my wife and her family right now. Thank you.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Man, sorry to hear about this Ro. Prayers for peace and comfort for you and your family.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Prayers sent for your family in this time of mourning. Have a ceremony to celebrate his life.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers going out to you and your family, Bro. May peace be with you all....
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    fellas...my father in law lost his battle with cancer last night. Tough times ahead for my wife and her family. If you all could send some prayers and good vibes our way I would greatly appreciate it. I am going to step away from the forums for a few days and focus my time and attention on my wife and her family right now. Thank you.
    Prayers for your family. Take your time and take care of the family. We will still be here when you have time. I am.sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    My friend, my thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife and her family. God Bless!
  • Options
    Just having a really crummy month. Been in a funk for a few weeks now and can't seem to shake it off. Prayers would be appreciated.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Just having a really crummy month. Been in a funk for a few weeks now and can't seem to shake it off. Prayers would be appreciated.
    Put on some good music and shake it off!! Sending prayers your way sir.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    I'm with ya! It's hard feeling this way; I'll pray for you.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Puff_Dougie:
    It really has been a tough time for a lot of people. Definetly will be mentioning a lot of families.
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Martel:
    Puff_Dougie:
    It really has been a tough time for a lot of people. Definetly will be mentioning a lot of families.
    You must be doing something right, the devil works hardest to bring down those who do good. I'm praying for you, too.

• Options
    Amos Umwhat:
    Bigshizza:
    Martel:
    Puff_Dougie:
    You must be doing something right, the devil works hardest to bring down those who do good. I'm praying for you, too.
    Thanks, brothers. Your prayers mean more than you know. I know a lot of folks are going through way worse stuff than me. I've been blessed in so many ways, not least of which by this awesome online community.
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Bigshizza:
    Martel:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Thanks, brothers. Your prayers mean more than you know. I know a lot of folks are going through way worse stuff than me. I've been blessed in so many ways, not least of which by this awesome online community.
    Enough with the bad, I like to pray about good stuff. Dr. Kent Brantly was released from the hospital today, Ebola free, along with his colleague, Nancy Writebol. I love Kent and his family. There's still lots of suffering because of this disease, and others, I know, but this news brightened my day in the midst of some personal darkness.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Started a new semister with 5 classes today. Prayers needed please. And thank you.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for my family would be appreciated.

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    If we made the decisions we make in life based on how those decisions will affect the children seven generations from now our world would be safe for those coming generations. A pinch of tobacco and prayers for all the children.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Warrior:
    If we made the decisions we make in life based on how those decisions will affect the children seven generations from now our world would be safe for those coming generations. A pinch of tobacco and prayers for all the children.
    Problem is, we don't make decisions. We just let it happen.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost:
    First Warrior:
    Problem is, we don't make decisions. We just let it happen.

Sad but true. Of course, just letting it happen is also a decision. Like Getty Lee said, "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
  • Options
    TaraLeeTaraLee Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    I don't mean to come in as a noob asking for stuff, but I need help. I need prayers (lots and God knows the details). Please pray for my kids, husband and me. What I'm dealing with is beyond me, and at this point, only He can help. Thank you guys, in advance.

• Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    You and your family will be in my prayers...I hope they are answered.
  • Options
    TaraLee:
    I don't mean to come in as a noob asking for stuff, but I need help. I need prayers (lots and God knows the details). Please pray for my kids, husband and me. What I'm dealing with is beyond me, and at this point, only He can help. Thank you guys, in advance.

TaraLee, you and Jay and your family are in my prayers.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tara Lee, prayers and good thoughts are going out for you, Jay, and your family asking for help and guidance in your time of need. May He bless and be with you.
  • Options
    Praying for you Tara Lee.

Guys, I have a job interview this weekend; I'd appreciate you praying for me.

• Options
    Yessir.
    One God, One Truth