PRAYER REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got you and her covered.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for your mom and the fam, Dane.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    Hey yall, my mom just went to the ER with severe stomach pain. ER DR. thinks it might be her gallbladder. Pray please.
    Happy thoughts heading your way! Been there with my own mother so I can relate to what you're going through.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    Hey yall, my mom just went to the ER with severe stomach pain. ER DR. thinks it might be her gallbladder. Pray please.

Prayers and good thoughts are headed your way, Dane. Moms are pretty special and need all the love and care we can give them. Blessings to you and yours....
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for your mom Dane.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    Praying. Hope all is well.

The biggest scare of my life was when this happened to my dad. The BIL and I were coming over to put a new roof on dad's shed. We walk in the house and he's ashen, moaning, and writhing prostrate on the sofa. We thought for sure he was having a heart attack. I hope the results are the same for you as they were for me. That happened before I had kids and my oldest is almost 12, so it was probably 13 years ago.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the prayers. No new updates this morning, she was put in a room last night and is supposed to see the surgeon this morning. I cannot express enough how much I love this community. Thank you!
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Her white blood count is 22,000 this morning and she is on 2 different types of IV antibiotics as well as a pain pump. CT and ultrasound showed an enlarged gallbladder, but they are still waiting on the surgeon.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Surgery scheduled for 1100. Thank you again to everyone.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    Surgery scheduled for 1100. Thank you again to everyone.
    Praying now, Dane, and will continue to uphold her throughout the day. Keep us posted, buddy. May God grant a successful surgery and a speedy recovery, and comfort to all as you wait.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Just took her back to operate. Based on the CT scan the Dr said it was the worse looking gallbladder in his 15 yrs. he was hoping to do it laposcopically, but with her climbing white count he thinks that it may have already ruptured.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Still praying...
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers sent...
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Praying for your Mom, you, and the Dr...
  • Options
    Thank you everybody. Her gallbladder, which is supposed to be the size of the thumb, was about the size of a grapefruit. A few days to recover and she should be good to go. Thank you for praying.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    So glad to hear they were able to catch it in time!
  • Options
    Good news
  • Options
    Crappy weekend progressing into a crappy week. Would appreciate some prayer support.

This weekend brought news of the passing of a beloved client, followed by news of the death of a dear family friend. Then, I overdid some chores on Saturday and ended up hobbling around like an old man (OK... I AM an old man) all day yesterday. This morning, I woke up with a bad flare up of Diverticulitis. Drove over an hour to the office but it didn't let up, so now I'm headed to the doc to see about getting on antibiotics.

Oh yeah... also, the wife smelled gas in the basement this morning and called the gas company. They found a leak in the line by the street, so now we'll have some excavating, hopefully before the house blows up.

Then, heard from my accountant and between what I owe for 2013 plus first quarter estimated taxes, my cigar budget is shot for a few months.

OK... I think I'm done whining. Prayers welcome and appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    Doc started a course of antibiotics and scheduled a consult with a surgeon in a few weeks to talk about the possibility of a partial sigmoidectomy.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Doug, when things go bad for you, they really go bad. Thoughts and prayers are headed your way.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts and prayers going out for ya, Doug. Sorry to hear about all that's befallen you recently. Like I always say, some weeks have four or five Mondays in a row.....
  • Options
    Hey man, prayers headed up for you.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Prayin' for you Doug.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Doc started a course of antibiotics and scheduled a consult with a surgeon in a few weeks to talk about the possibility of a partial sigmoidectomy.
    Feel better man, got ya in the prayers
  • Options
    Thanks, brothers. Your prayers and encouragement means more than you know.
  • Options
    Wow Doug I am so sorry to hear so much is happening at once to such a great guy. You are in my thoughts and prayers for sure. Keep your head up.
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Praying for ya Doug!
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Nothing but positive, healing thoughts heading your way from Wisconsin!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    One year ago today, my good friend and colleague, Jeff, passed away at age 39 from sudden heart failure. Please remember his wife Jamie and their two boys, Jayden and Jesse in your prayers.
  • Options
    Will do Doug.

Doug, how are you doing ?