Home Non Cigar Related
Options

PRAYER REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers, Jake, that the whole family will be delivered from this cycle of sickness and that you will have peace and encouragement and be able to rest.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pneumonia is what it is. When my daughter was 3 she had a bad reaction to immunizations and at the same time she was on penicillin so the Dr. said to play it safe she was allergic to penicillin. So she is going in at 1 today to have a test to see if she is really allergic or not. Surprised they didn't do this years ago. This is what kicked off the entire ordeal we went through and other antibiotics aren't working so praying they can get her a good treatment plan and we can prevent another hospital stay. As long as she stays warm the blood disorder shouldn't kick in. Trust me we are taking all precautions.

4 year old is doing ok and on antibiotics for the same thing. High fever scared us. Dr. said worry at 106 but I always thought it was 104 when I was younger. IDK but we are overly cautious now. Thank God for great insurance.

Just wanted to update you all and say thank you!
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Glad to hear they are at least getting somewhere with it all jsnake. Will keep praying.
  • Options
    Thank you all again. Daughter had new blood work done and all looks good. No pneumonia either. Just a virus giving her a fever and cough.

4 year old is doing much better and the wife went to Dr today and got put on 2 meds. Think all this stress and running around made her susceptible to getting sick. So far it hasn't hit me.

I think we will be on edge for a long long time after what happened. Hate to cry wolf every time a kid coughs but we will probably be visiting the Dr. more often.
  • Options
    bump
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Bump, hows everything going Jake?
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Addisyn is doing well. Back in school and doing her activities. Next Dr. appointment in June. Thank you God we got to celebrate her 8th birthday a few days ago. Just a heads up I will be launching a charity auction tomorrow. I have tons of amazing cigar stuff for it. Thanks for the continued prayers.
  • Options
    So great to read of Addy's progress, Jake! Rejoicing with you! I'm taking Sam tomorrow for allergy testing. Hopefully, we'll get some clarity on what triggers his episodes.
  • Options
    I pray you get some answers buddy
  • Options
    jsnake:
    I pray you get some answers buddy
    amen to that!
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    So great to read of Addy's progress, Jake! Rejoicing with you! I'm taking Sam tomorrow for allergy testing. Hopefully, we'll get some clarity on what triggers his episodes.

Continued prayers going out on behalf of Sam as well as you and your wife, my friend. May God bless....
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully I'm the only one here that never noticed this thread. I pray God answers everybody's prayer request on here. With that bieng said I'd like to request prayers for my new grandson the doc's say he has a heart murmur. No idea how bad it is yet. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Rhamlin:
    Hopefully I'm the only one here that never noticed this thread. I pray God answers everybody's prayer request on here. With that bieng said I'd like to request prayers for my new grandson the doc's say he has a heart murmur. No idea how bad it is yet. Thanks in advance.
    Prayers goin' up for your grandson, Ricky, and for you and the rest of the family.

Sam's allergy tests proved uneventful. He's allergic to grass, mold and dust, as well as maple and ash trees, milk and horses. Nothing in the results that puts us any closer to figuring out what is triggering his episodes, so the next step is probably going to be a gastro-scope.

In the meantime, if we can just keep him from playing baseball in a musty stable after eating pancakes with maple syrup and milk, we should be good to go. :^)
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin

You are in my family's prayers!! Hope he feels better!!
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    Rhamlin:
    Prayers goin' up for your grandson, Ricky, and for you and the rest of the family.

Sam's allergy tests proved uneventful. He's allergic to grass, mold and dust, as well as maple and ash trees, milk and horses. Nothing in the results that puts us any closer to figuring out what is triggering his episodes, so the next step is probably going to be a gastro-scope.

In the meantime, if we can just keep him from playing baseball in a musty stable after eating pancakes with maple syrup and milk, we should be good to go. :^)
    Thanks brother. I used to have some real bad episodes with allergies and asthma when I was a kid took shots every week for many years my daughter did as well. Luckily hers wasn't real bad and no food allergies. I've known people who when they had episodes it required hospital trips. Praying Sam's doctors find out soon what his trigger is.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    Addisyn is doing well. Back in school and doing her activities. Next Dr. appointment in June. Thank you God we got to celebrate her 8th birthday a few days ago. Just a heads up I will be launching a charity auction tomorrow. I have tons of amazing cigar stuff for it. Thanks for the continued prayers.
    Glad to hear Addison is doing ok Jake. Pneumonia is rough especially if you got lung issues I've had it 3 times. No fun at all hope the rest of the family is doing well now.
  • Options
    Bump
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Rhamlin:
    Praying for your family and that sweet baby. Nothing rips at my heart more then a sick or hurting child.
  • Options
    Adding our prayers to yours.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    At the ER with Sam... might have busted a finger in a roller skating mishap.
  • Options
    Praying all goes well and the pain is under control. Fingers hurt.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    At the ER with Sam... might have busted a finger in a roller skating mishap.
    oh man that stinks.
  • Options
    Looks like it's not broken, thankfully. This is the second nearly broken finger in the past two months... both at roller skating birthday parties.
  • Options
    Prayers get answered every day. Glad to hear its not broken. Now to invest in bubble wrap.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Pray for my Aunt gents, she's not doing well. My mom has three sisters, all very close, and all had terrible marriages other then my folks. We were very close to all my aunts and cousins, helping support them throughout their tough times. Been a rough week, cancer sucks... Hoping she has the fortitude of my grandma, but fear the end is near any day. Here name is Rene, and is a believer, as is most of my fam. Gentle soul with tons of love, and tough to go through. Thanks in advance, I believe in the power of prayer.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Pray for my Aunt gents, she's not doing well. My mom has three sisters, all very close, and all had terrible marriages other then my folks. We were very close to all my aunts and cousins, helping support them throughout their tough times. Been a rough week, cancer sucks... Hoping she has the fortitude of my grandma, but fear the end is near any day. Here name is Rene, and is a believer, as is most of my fam. Gentle soul with tons of love, and tough to go through. Thanks in advance, I believe in the power of prayer.
    Sorry to hear this Dustin. I know the Lord has a plan for everything. He loves his children to death w/o a doubt. I'll be praying for your aunt and family.
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Just saw this tread, it is great. Please know that I will be praying for you too. Dustin, I know how hard cancer is first hand.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Continued prayers for all you guys and your loved ones. May God grant you comfort.
  • Options
    Praying for your Aunt Rene, Dustin, and for you and the rest of the fam. May God grant her an abundance of grace in this very difficult time.
  • Options
    Hey yall, my mom just went to the ER with severe stomach pain. ER DR. thinks it might be her gallbladder. Pray please.
    One God, One Truth