Options

PRAYER REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Will do Doug.

Doug, how are you doing ?
    Thanks for asking, Bob. I'm doing OK. Diverticulitis is still not under control. Following up with my doctor tomorrow and then with a surgeon on May 1st. In the meantime, work's been really slow and we're behind the 8-ball with bills and taxes, so I'm sure that helps keep the old belly in an uproar.

All things considered, though, we are blessed and are trying to stay focused on the many many good things, which includes friends like you, sir. :^)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Still praying for you Doug.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Doug, I hope things turn around for you sir.

My 12 year old boxer Stella has a softball sized mass either on her liver or spleen. If it's the liver, it's terminal. It's its the spleen, 50/50 she's terminal or okay. It's $500 bones today and another $1000 on Monday for the diagnosis exploratory surgery. I'm very optimistic, even though I'm crying now, that we can remove her spleen and she will be okay. Any good thoughts, karma, prayers is most appreciated. My pets have always been family members so it's quite emotional right now. Thanks.
  • Options
    Prayers for Stella, bro! Hope she's OK. Pets are definitely family members, and the bonds we form with them are very strong. Keep us posted on her progress.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best for Stella and your family.
  • Options
    Prayers that your pup will be ok.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Bob Luken:
    Will do Doug.

Doug, how are you doing ?
    Thanks for asking, Bob. I'm doing OK. Diverticulitis is still not under control. Following up with my doctor tomorrow and then with a surgeon on May 1st. In the meantime, work's been really slow and we're behind the 8-ball with bills and taxes, so I'm sure that helps keep the old belly in an uproar.

All things considered, though, we are blessed and are trying to stay focused on the many many good things, which includes friends like you, sir. :^)
    So good to hear your positive outlook :) Hang in there. I'll keep you in my prayers.
  • Options
    james40:
    Doug, I hope things turn around for you sir.

My 12 year old boxer Stella has a softball sized mass either on her liver or spleen. If it's the liver, it's terminal. It's its the spleen, 50/50 she's terminal or okay. It's $500 bones today and another $1000 on Monday for the diagnosis exploratory surgery. I'm very optimistic, even though I'm crying now, that we can remove her spleen and she will be okay. Any good thoughts, karma, prayers is most appreciated. My pets have always been family members so it's quite emotional right now. Thanks.
    Hope she can pull through. Dogs are important to our well-being and are definitely "family". We've beed through our share of doggy medical adventures too so I feel like I can relate.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you all in my prayers!
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Praying for you Doug and James
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Drop a few for my family. As some of you know my wife has MS, and it has been pretty stable for the last 18 months. A few days ago her right pinky and ring finger were losing feeling and she came down with an infection which has caused her MS to flare back up enough to where the can't work right now which is hard on everyone. Any thoughts and prayers will be appreciated.
  • Options
    Just prayed and will keep praying for you and your wife, Brian!
  • Options
    Praying for you and your wife man.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    I hope everything turns out okay Brian.
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers heading your way, Brian, for you and your family.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your wife Brian. Have you guys in my prayers.
  • Options
    My dog had her spleen removed today and her liver looked fine. I pick her up in about 30 minutes so I'm very happy. Thank you for your support, I'm very grateful.
  • Options
    Sending up prayers for your wife and you Brian.
  • Options
    james40:
    My dog had her spleen removed today and her liver looked fine. I pick her up in about 30 minutes so I'm very happy. Thank you for your support, I'm very grateful.
    Glad to hear she's OK :)
  • Options
    james40:
    Great news, James! Saying a prayer of Thanks!
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just need some prayers brother. We found out this morning that my wife's grandfather in the Philippines passed away this morning. He had a stroke a few weeks back...left the hospital last Friday and was given 2 weeks to live. My mother in law will be flying to the Philippines and will be there for about 3 weeks. I just ask that you keep my family and my extended family in your prayers.
  • Options
    Praying my man.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    Praying my man.
    Thank you sir.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Just need some prayers brother. We found out this morning that my wife's grandfather in the Philippines passed away this morning. He had a stroke a few weeks back...left the hospital last Friday and was given 2 weeks to live. My mother in law will be flying to the Philippines and will be there for about 3 weeks. I just ask that you keep my family and my extended family in your prayers.
    in my prayers big man
  • Options
    Praying for you and the fam, Royln!
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeping you and the family in my thoughts and prayers Royln
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Very sorry to hear this. I will be praying for your family.
  • Options
    For all the people affected by the tornados.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Just need a few prayers. I just heard that my brother found a lump on his neck and he's thinking it's a tumor. He's going to the doctor to get it checked out. Hoping it's not cancer.