Home Non Cigar Related

Your favorite collectable?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
I got accepted to Hogwarts! Ok... I didn't... BUT I do love the series (books and movies). My wife and I are finishing up the series on Blu-Ray and only have one movie left. This is where you all get to laugh. I ordered myself a wand. LMAO! Whenever I finish up a TV/Movie/Book/Video game series I always order some sort of knicknackery. I collect random crap like that. :) Whats your nerdy collectible that you are proud of?

Once it arrives in the mail... Mine is replica of Snape's wand. :)
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    One sheets. AKA "movie posters," but not the crap ones you buy at the store in the mall. Double sided-sent to the theater posters.

One of these days I'm going to professionally frame my LOTR and SW:I-III sets. I haven't even taken them out of their tubes for so long. Now I'm gonna have to check. My Field of Dreams got damaged a while ago. I have some other neat movie collectible stuff. Old film cans and reels. I have a nice set of hefty decorative reels that I want to cut down the middle and turn into handles on double doors into my home theater. One day. When I have all kinds of $ to blow on something like a private home theater. One day.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    I have a giant storage container of comics, do musical instruments count? , if they do my axe is at the top (I also have a banjo, pretty shoddy collection lol) Also I'm really diggin collectin stogies at the moment
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    I got accepted to Hogwarts! Ok... I didn't... BUT I do love the series (books and movies). My wife and I are finishing up the series on Blu-Ray and only have one movie left. This is where you all get to laugh. I ordered myself a wand. LMAO! Whenever I finish up a TV/Movie/Book/Video game series I always order some sort of knicknackery. I collect random crap like that. :) Whats your nerdy collectible that you are proud of?

I collect funny words, like "knickknackary."
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    comics and comic collectibles. I have several bottle openers that are geek related too.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Nice thread! My Star Trek Hallmark ornaments. Looks like a friggin dominion war on my Christmas tree.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Dang. You caught me off my game. I meant to say, my used rubber collection.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .GIFs & Memes --- they are the best

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Also I forgot the wife and I collect shot glasses Got super heroes, star wars , and then different locales like Japan, Guam, Jamaica and whatnot
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    LiquidChaos66:

I collect funny words, like "knickknackary."

This guy... Right here. lol

As for the other stuff... SWEET!~ lol Let your inner nerds out! :)
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a collection of small stone Zuni hunting fetishes. I think we have 20 at least. The small sculptures were originaly used for the hunter to connect with the spirit of the animal being sought. Buffalos, badgers, turtles, eagles, wolfs, deer, mountian lions, elk, sheep and so on. Most of our fetishes are about two inches long and some have flint points attached. A traditional Zuni hunter would go to a spiritual leader and have the fetish" woken up" and then keep it in a clay pot with corn meal until it was taken on a hunt. If you can find good fetishes not made for the tourist trade they range in price from $250--and up.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Do Magic the Gathering cards count?
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    First Warrior:
    We have a collection of small stone Zuni hunting fetishes. I think we have 20 at least. The small sculptures were originaly used for the hunter to connect with the spirit of the animal being sought. Buffalos, badgers, turtles, eagles, wolfs, deer, mountian lions, elk, sheep and so on. Most of our fetishes are about two inches long and some have flint points attached. A traditional Zuni hunter would go to a spiritual leader and have the fetish" woken up" and then keep it in a clay pot with corn meal until it was taken on a hunt. If you can find good fetishes not made for the tourist trade they range in price from $250--and up.

That's pretty neat! I love things like that!

Magic cards do count... ONLY if you have a Black Lotus. ;)
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Passport stamps... I have, ohhh, about 20 or so by now I think (a few duplicates).
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Hays:
    Passport stamps... I have, ohhh, about 20 or so by now I think (a few duplicates).
    Because you're always on holiday?
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Right now.... Vinyl records
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Guns........
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    Hays:
    Because you're always on holiday?
    Haha I wish, I haven't had a holiday in way too long. Looking forward to 9 days in Italy this coming May: Venice, Florence, Pisa, and Rome. Not gonna be another stamp as I'm coming from Spain (and this is my 4th time to Rome), but excited for the trip.

Oh yeah, and I just counted...actually, I was wrong - I have 22.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently it's whiskey
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."