Home Non Cigar Related

A different word game

raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
I didn't invent this, but I have posted this as a topic on a couple other forums. The best version lasted four years and 2,000+ posts.

Anyway, it works like this: I post a sentence with a word in bold. The next person posts a new sentence where can either 1) change one letter to the word and, if you wish, rearrange the letters to make a new one; 2) add one more letter and arrange the existing letters to make a new word; or 3) subtract one letter from the word (WITHOUT adding another letter) and rearrange the existing letters to make a new one. We try to stay away with proper nouns and names of people, states, etc. just so it doesn't get too easy. It's pretty challenging, especially when you qs and zs in there. And you don't want to create a word that's nearly impossible to change because that makes you need to reboot. But it's fun vocab test. And we gots tons of smart people around here. So, I'll post the first few so you can see how it works.

I really like to smoke cigars

Comments

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I think it's tragic that the federal gummint wants to legislate premium stogies
    When someone gives me cigars I feel very happy. (Okay, this violates the rule since it uses a word that was done before, but too late to change. Try not to do this if you can)
    When a box of Hemingways graces my mailbox, I feel like a new person.
    When I once found what I thought was a beetle in my humidor, it gave me quite a scare.
  • rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    I smoke outside to stay in my wife's good graces.
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To not be would be scarey
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Sorry for the dupe word. I was working on it before the Hemingway post.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is great for yackers.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    I've heard that meat packers are also very good at this game.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    Some call me a Spanker.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    raisindot:
    Some call me a Spanker.
    Do you consider tomorrow's pranks while you spank 'er?
    And what happens if she out ranks you?
    Then she could spank you.
    Hopefully not with my good frying pans.
    Hopefully not while I nap.
    Pans, as weapons, span the test of time.
    Bob Luken:
    Pans, as weapons, span the test of time.
    Like sand through the hourglass.
    Or ants crawling through my kitchen.
    Ooh, I can't stand that!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Yeah, between them and the clouds of gnats flying around from June through October having three foot of snow to deal with ain't so bad.
    Do they still make Tang?
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only in giant packets.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Dupe
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I read that while taking a dump
    I think I'd prefer taming tigers than drinking Tang again anyday...
    Speaking of tang, do any of you remember a space food product marketed to kids back during the late 60s early 70s ? I remember having some of these. It was shaped and packaged similar to a slim jim but was really more like a long tootsie roll. (I'll go look it up.)

Haha I found it on wikipedia!

Space Food Sticks are snacks created for the Pillsbury Company in the late 1960s A forerunner of energy bars, Space Food Sticks were promoted by Pillsbury for their association with NASA's efforts to create safe, healthy and nutritional space food. Capitalizing on the popularity of the Apollo space missions, Pillsbury marketed Space Food Sticks as a "nutritionally balanced between meal snack". Fourteen individually packaged sticks were included in a box, and came in six flavors such as peanut butter, caramel, and chocolate.

Maybe some company is still MAKING them.

Holy Crap! They've got the old TV ad on youtube!

I remember those Space Sticks, and I think I somehow convinced my mother to buy them, although how Pillsbury was able to convince anyone that these things were healthy remains an enigma.
    raisindot:
    I remember those Space Sticks, and I think I somehow convinced my mother to buy them, although how Pillsbury was able to convince anyone that these things were healthy remains an enigma.
    I just can't imagine.

You ever imagine trying to go to the bathroom in zero gravity where EVERYTHING flies EVERYWHERE! :(

Sorry. Takes me a while to hit enter sometimes.
    I think I spent hours trying to figure out how to get out of this vocabulistic trap, until applying an imaging technique finally helped.