Home Cigar 101

What are you folks using for coller organization?

avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a bunch of boxes but then 5 cedar trays for a lot of my singles. Lately I am running out of space and I feel the trays are wasting space however I don't really want to toss everything into ziplocks as that just makes going through everything too difficult. Any of you have any other suggestions to look into?
Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When things get tight, I use these.

About $20 @ walmort. 28 quarts. (Will probably, very neatly, accept all five of your cedar trays.)
    If things get tight again. Repeat.

Then, if your C.A.S. proplem persists, I recommend another one of these.

About $40 @ walmort. 70 quarts.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm in a 70 qt right now. But that other one if it would hold all the cedar trays it would be easy to toss a few bovedas in there and be good. Also make a good Travel Humi!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too have a cooler with a couple of trays that I use for singles that don't make it into one of my humidors, then the other is just for boxes. Nice and organized.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    avengethis:
    Yeah I'm in a 70 qt right now. But that other one if it would hold all the cedar trays it would be easy to toss a few bovedas in there and be good. Also make a good Travel Humi!
    My trays stacked in there really well in the 28 quart, with a little room to spare. I had enough room left over to slip a slim cigar box on it's end down beside the trays on one side and the same with another slim box on one end. My trays are 12 & 1/2" long x 7 & 1/2" wide x 2" high.
    Bob Luken:
    avengethis:
    My trays stacked in there really well in the 28 quart, with a little room to spare. I had enough room left over to slip a slim cigar box on it's end down beside the trays on one side and the same with another slim box on one end. My trays are 12 & 1/2" long x 7 & 1/2" wide x 2" high.
    Where they the ones from a site about inexpensive cigar storage?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

avengethis:
    Bob Luken:
    avengethis:
    Probably, Don't recall exactly. It's been a few years. I just now took those measurements myself. some of the online deals offer different dimensions.
    Bob Luken:
    avengethis:
    Bob Luken:
    avengethis:
    Probably, Don't recall exactly. It's been a few years. I just now took those measurements myself. some of the online deals offer different dimensions.
    Yeah those match the dimensions of the ones I have so I will have to go check one of those out. Not sure how I tell my wife I need a 2nd one.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

avengethis:
    Bob Luken:
    avengethis:
    Bob Luken:
    avengethis:
    Yeah those match the dimensions of the ones I have so I will have to go check one of those out. Not sure how I tell my wife I need a 2nd one.
    Good luck with THAT! LOL
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought some custom trays for my first cooler. They are great but it took twelve weeks to get them. I do have a cooler full of plastic bags and it is a mess. I'll be getting some trays from amazon or wherever in the near future.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These things work great.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I've got something similar to those sterilite containers, but I don't really like it. I have some of these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Ziploc-Container-Large-Rectangle-2-Count/dp/B003UEG7SW/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1426939752&sr=8-19&keywords=ziploc+containers

Poke some holes in them for ventilation and I think I'll like them better. I used them as temporary tupperdores before and I like the clear sides. NOT too deep and about the perfect size. Can hold a robusto going across the width and anything bigger fits lengthwise.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    These things work great.

I have a bunch of those sitting empty in my closet. Used them for poker chips and other silly things. Guess I will re-think throwing them out or giving them to the lids. Thank you.
    I went through and organized my boxes and a few boxes where almost empty so I just pulled them out and put the sticks in trays. I made room for my incoming purchases here but I think it is inevitable. I might just need to go with the 120qt and give me the room I need then.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i use zip-loc bags. simple. easy. cheap. takes up little room. just leave em open.