Home General Discussion

Old Parodi Cigar Box...with old cigars in it

First post here, and wanted to get a little help on an old box of cigars that I found in a box of miscellaneous items I found in a closet today.

Obviously these are no longer any good, so what I'll probably end up doing is put them on the mantle or a bookshelf as a conversation piece.  They still have a nice smell though.  I have no idea how I got these or where they came from.  I did a little online research on the company, so I'm familiar with the history.

I guess what I'd like to know is...is it worth anything?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There may be someone whom collects that brand that may see value in it. Out side of this, since they are not in smoking condition I would say not worth much.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The factory was in my hometown(Scranton PA). Factory is gone, but they still make them somewhere. Box still looks the same. Not a collector, but can't imagine it is worth much.
  • Just down the street from Dunder-Mifflin?  LOL. 

Didn't think they'd be worth much, if anything.  They'd probably blow up in three seconds if I tried to light one, LOL.  I'll probably just keep it on a shelf because it looks antique-ish and pretty cool.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Two good things that came out of Scranton. Reportedly Clint Eastwood is a big fan of these cigars.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my dad still smokes the modern version of these as a "yard-gar"
    they are dry cured and for some reason always look a little crooked in the mouth. ... so much so that my dad calls them "crooked little Clint Eastwood cigars"

personally i am not a fan of them but they do have their place in the world.

as far as value goes... probably not much beyond what you have already stated... a conversation piece.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    If its not worth any money... It sure is super cool! Nice find! im kinda jealous! :) find a nice little stand for them and have them on a shelf on display. :) The color and condition of that box is well worth hanging on to them! :)
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.